Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

FutureCEO

How about some good news. IHME has good data and statistical models, if nothing else, and predicts well under half of us will still be susceptible to COVID-19 by May 1 with some states already approaching herd immunity by then. Let’s hope.

We won’t talk about their death forecast since no one cares about our daily 9/11 anymore.
Got the first Moderna shot...arm was sore for 1.5 days and that's it. Second one is next month.

Moderna officially doesn't know how long the shot last (they gave me a flyer when I went). But unofficially online, a year or two.

correcaminos

Got the first Moderna shot...arm was sore for 1.5 days and that's it. Second one is next month.

Moderna officially doesn't know how long the shot last (they gave me a flyer when I went). But unofficially online, a year or two.
Glad you got your shot!

They both have strong indicators for a year or two coverage at least. As time goes on, those of us in trials will help. We'll get even longer term stuff as many move to investigational vaccine vs placebo too

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Soreness at the injection site is because any liquid pumped too fast into a muscle will cause swelling and pain. It'd hurt if it was saline or your own blood.

"Painless" injections into tissue go slow. But nobody ain't got time like that in a pandemic.

JoeCamel

Soreness at the injection site is because any liquid pumped too fast into a muscle will cause swelling and pain. It'd hurt if it was saline or your own blood.

"Painless" injections into tissue go slow. But nobody ain't got time like that in a pandemic.
I have been fearful? amazed? scared? by the length of the needles, the diameter and the force they are injecting this. Looks much more painful than the flu shot. Anyone had both care to comment?

sullyinMT

I have been fearful? amazed? scared? by the length of the needles, the diameter and the force they are injecting this. Looks much more painful than the flu shot. Anyone had both care to comment?
If you’re asking about the actual process of the injection, it’s no different, really. Other than the euphoria of being part of history.

Heppenheimer

Before I recieved my second dose, I asked the nurse if they used a larger bore needle than usual, because my shoulder felt a little more tender the first time. Nope, same needle used for any vaccination.

Heppenheimer

When my time comes, I'm gonna take some antihistamine and anti-inflammatory analgesic prophylactically.
Wouldn't recommend anything prophylatic other than maybe tylenol. There's conflicting evidence with other vaccines that pre-loading with an NSAID may lower the efficacy.

I don't know about antihistamines, but unless you have a history of getting hives from vaccinations, it probably wouldn't even do anything to make you feel better.

correcaminos

Wouldn't recommend anything prophylatic other than maybe tylenol. There's conflicting evidence with other vaccines that pre-loading with an NSAID may lower the efficacy.

I don't know about antihistamines, but unless you have a history of getting hives from vaccinations, it probably wouldn't even do anything to make you feel better.
I take antihistamines regularly for truly dust and mold (in addition to accidental contact with allium family) and it was not a contradiction for the trial. Was also not told to avoid nsaids during the trial too, but I never preload as it is. So at least neither we were told to avoid and we were not told to avoid preloading either

Agree that antihistamines wouldn't help unless an allergic reaction happens.

Only in the trial. Needle was not anything worse than I've seen, but I do turn my head a lot. First dose was a breeze, second dose not as great going in but the trial people are excellent at giving shots. Flu shot administered was more painful but the lady didn't listen when I said not to count down. Don't recall the needles looking different. Had flu shot 2 weeks after 2nd rhe 2nd dose. All things in the trial were identical except for either saline vs vaccine.
I take it you never experienced the immunization injector guns in grade school.
Never heard of these and never vaccinated in school for anything.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't mind needles. I watch. I know a slight pinch is coming and just accept it.

The most painful needle I've experienced was Novocaine for dental work, and because it was injected too quickly.

The old gun-shot vaccination was like a quick punch in the arm from a sibling, "Hey, quit it!"

I found the TB test tines to be annoyingly painful. "Hey... owwww.."

correcaminos

I don't mind needles. I watch. I know a slight pinch is coming and just accept it.

The most painful needle I've experienced was Novocaine for dental work, and because it was injected too quickly.

The old gun-shot vaccination was like a quick punch in the arm from a sibling, "Hey, quit it!"

I found the TB test tines to be annoyingly painful. "Hey... owwww.."
Due to childhood trauma with needles (in which I was literally forcibly held down by mulitple people to get shots when I was in already extreme pain for something else) I cannot stand to watch them go in. It's anxiety inducing. Once in I'm totally fine. I can watch blood being drawn and everything. So it's not a fear as much as a trigger. Same with drills for teeth, was never numbed right as a kid and the sound still triggers anxiety in me.

Shots on the roof of my mouth were among the most painful. The shot that I was held down for as a child was the worst, but I have no clue what it was. Just what they thought would cure a skin condition they thought were warts (but didn't respond to treatment ever including freezing - some dermatologist finally figured it out when I was 10)

eliza61nyc

The diameter of the needle is super skinny. The doctor squeezed my upper arm skin and I really did not feel more than a pinch. She apologized for squeezing so hard.
Much smoother than a few shot imo

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Any pinch from a needle is better than being intubated!

9/10 agree that they experience more pain an hour after eating a Taco Bell combo than they do from a COVID shot.
100% agree! Lol I’m the bottom of the vaccine list, but I will be getting mine the first day I can!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom