[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

Herdman

We have a park visit scheduled in mid May with a 3 night cruise on the Dream scheduled after over Memorial Day weekend. We are planning to re-schedule the cruise to May 2021 with a switch to a 4 night cruise. The plus for us is that now when we do the placeholder we might actually be able to use it within the next two years. We probably wouldn't have with a May 2020 sailing.

WWWD

IMO, I think they would extend a 100% refund through summer.
I agree with this. The current April 30th date is not an “all clear.” That date relates to flattening the curve. Until there is a great treatment protocol or a vaccine, I think the cruise lines will continue to suffer as people fear close proximity or large groups.

ToTBellHop

I agree with this. The current April 30th date is not an “all clear.” That date relates to flattening the curve. Until there is a great treatment protocol or a vaccine, I think the cruise lines will continue to suffer as people fear close proximity or large groups.
We’ve already had it so I’m ready for a Drink of the Day right now. No line for the AquaDuck? Count me in!

NelleBelle

Here in WA, our “shelter-in-place” order (or whatever goofball thing our gov. calls it) has been extended until May 4—not that that has any bearing what DCL will do but just as an example of how serious/extreme some states are now going to. It doesn’t seem this virus is going away as quickly as we would all like. I would hope that DCL would cancel cruises as long as the domestic parks are closed, at a minimum (they certainly don’t need a Holland America situation)!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I have a land/sea vacation planned for June. We had planned to get to WDW on June 19th, sail on June 21 - June 26, then back at WDW from June 26 - June 30th. I am wondering if the parks will open before the cruise line will. If this is the case, I would consider staying at WDW the whole time, The question is, do I book a stay at a resort for the time that I would be at sea, just in case, then cancel the reservation if the cruise still happens?

RememberWhen

I have a land/sea vacation planned for June. We had planned to get to WDW on June 19th, sail on June 21 - June 26, then back at WDW from June 26 - June 30th. I am wondering if the parks will open before the cruise line will. If this is the case, I would consider staying at WDW the whole time, The question is, do I book a stay at a resort for the time that I would be at sea, just in case, then cancel the reservation if the cruise still happens?
We’re in that same boat (ha!) for July. My concern (maybe it won’t be for you) is FPs. We don’t make them for another couple weeks, but if I have a stay for the middle section you can make FP earlier for the third section and then if you cancel the room they might cancel the FP for the third section too. I’m not clear on the logistics.
I guess we’re also unsure about the safety of WDW if the cruises are deemed unsafe. Why the cruises are canceled will matter for my family (we’re a big group ranging in age from 7 months to 69 years).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol dumb! They need to cancel all sailings indefinitely.
...the thought had occurred.

I don’t see how they let people out of their annual passes (though I’m not obtuse that it’s only for Florida residents)...and their acting like people will be boarding ships in port Canaveral in 3 weeks?

That’s gotta be an accounting game? I always talk about the “sniff test” on imagineer rumors...

This smells like cheese.

disney4life2008

...the thought had occurred.

I don’t see how they let people out of their annual passes (though I’m not obtuse that it’s only for Florida residents)...and their acting like people will be boarding ships in port Canaveral in 3 weeks?

That’s gotta be an accounting game? I always talk about the “sniff test” on imagineer rumors...

This smells like cheese.

LOL I am sure they are hoping and praying. But it's not going to happen. A cruise ship is the last place I would want to be once this pasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom