[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

lostpro9het

Also, I think they might be trying to give people the chance to cancel before they offer the 125% future credit.
Standoff.jpg

TiggerDad

This is good advice for everyone...let them cancel on YOU. A package is a contract...make them break it.
We had only made a small down payment. When we reached the drop dead date for payment in full, we decided that we needed our money (two cabins worth for a week in Europe) more than they did. If our financial situation were different... we could have held out for them to cancel on us, but given current events it was the right call for us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We had only made a small down payment. When we reached the drop dead date for payment in full, we decided that we needed our money (two cabins worth for a week in Europe) more than they did. If our financial situation were different... we could have held out for them to cancel on us, but given current events it was the right call for us.
Completely understandable...you made the right decision for your situation . My advice was in general terms for smaller investment type trips.

Though I always recommend not booking DCL because it’s so overpriced for the product.

I’m in a similar situation now for next year on an RCCL in Europe. Do I just sit it out and see what the world is like by then? Or just cut bait now and move on? What I’ve paid so far - which is a decent amount but not life altering - may not be worth the stress If the virus is hanging around this time next year.

durangojim

Anyone have any info on the likelihood that the Mediterranean sailings in June? A good friend is booked for one of the departures that goes to Italy and Greece the second week of June and hasn’t heard anything. I’m thinking it’ll be cancelled.

RememberWhen

So I guess my July 20th cruise (100 days from today) is off?
My July 5th too? :(
Not necessarily 100 days, but seems possible.
“This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of three situations. First, the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency. Second, the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations. Or third, 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.”

DisKid

It is more than a couple of crew members with the virus.

And that was followed up by this article about the passengers becoming ill during and after the westbound Panama Canal cruise.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
UPDATE: April 10, 2020 - Disney Cruise Line extending suspension of Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Magic departures through May 17
Yesterday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced it would extend its suspension of cruise departures from the United States. In line with this direction and with the well-being of our guests and team members as our top priority, Disney Cruise Line is reaching out to all guests booked on departures of the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Magic through Sunday, May 17, 2020, to advise that these sailings have been cancelled.

This affects the following sailings:

Cancelled Sailings

Disney Fantasy

• 7-Night Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral 5/2
  • 7-Night Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral 5/9
  • 7-Night Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral 5/16

Disney Dream

• 3-Night Bahamas from Port Canaveral 5/1
  • 4-Night Bahamas from Port Canaveral 5/4
  • 3-Night Bahamas from Port Canaveral 5/8
  • 4-Night Bahamas from Port Canaveral 5/11
  • 3-Night Bahamas from Port Canaveral 5/15

Disney Magic

• 4-Night Bahamas from Miami 4/30
  • 4-Night Bahamas from Miami 5/4
  • 3-Night Bahamas from Miami 5/8
  • 12-Night Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona 5/11
Pam

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
So I just booked a stay at WDW as a backup in case my cruise gets cancelled but the parks and resorts are open. If my cruise happens, I can cancel the reservation. If both the cruise line and the resort are still closed... I will be sad.

Miss Bella

So if the Transatlantic is cancelled, they either have to scrap the entire summer season in Europe or quickly put together a new Transatlantic in order to reposition. I suppose they could reposition without guests, but that would seem awkward.
The crew has been stuck on the ship without guests for weeks. I don't think sailing across the Atlantic would be awkward.

Magic Feather

So if the Transatlantic is cancelled, they either have to scrap the entire summer season in Europe or quickly put together a new Transatlantic in order to reposition. I suppose they could reposition without guests, but that would seem awkward.
I was recently told that DCL was investigating a backup plan to keep the Magic at Canaveral in lieu of sending it over to Europe, should cruising be allowed before the season was set to end.

ToTBellHop

I was recently told that DCL was investigating a backup plan to keep the Magic at Canaveral in lieu of sending it over to Europe, should cruising be allowed before the season was set to end.
Yes, but will there be demand for 3 ships in FL? They’ll need to make a decision soon if they want people to book it.

Magic Feather

Yes, but will there be demand for 3 ships in FL? They’ll need to make a decision soon if they want people to book it.
If I recall, Canaveral is one of the ports that heavily relies on locals. With the likely mandated reduction of capacity, and also likely discounts (which they can absorb. DCL’s profit margins are crazy) I’d bet they could find enough Floridians to go.

ToTBellHop

If I recall, Canaveral is one of the ports that heavily relies on locals. With the likely mandated reduction of capacity, and also likely discounts (which they can absorb. DCL’s profit margins are crazy) I’d bet they could find enough Floridians to go.
Locals and Land&Sea folks. They would need to coordinate it with WDW being open (which I assume would be the case, anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom