• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

ChuckElias

Well-Known Member
There is ZERO percent chance that they will cease operations. ZERO.
Ummm, I guess you shouldn't take betting advice from me. Just got this from Viking:

It has become impossible to provide your clients with the experience that they deserve and expect from Viking, during these challenging times.

Because of travel limitations and changes that are evolving daily, we are choosing to temporarily suspend operation of all river and ocean vessels embarking March 12—April 30, 2020 at which time we believe Viking will be in a better place to provide the experiences our guests expect and deserve.


The lesson as always. . . I'm an idiot!
 

EOD K9

Well-Known Member
Ummm, I guess you shouldn't take betting advice from me. Just got this from Viking:

It has become impossible to provide your clients with the experience that they deserve and expect from Viking, during these challenging times.

Because of travel limitations and changes that are evolving daily, we are choosing to temporarily suspend operation of all river and ocean vessels embarking March 12—April 30, 2020 at which time we believe Viking will be in a better place to provide the experiences our guests expect and deserve.


The lesson as always. . . I'm an idiot!
No, just based on past experience, they wouldn’t cancel. This virus is vastly different. While DCL is allowing fault free cancellations, I am hoping they cancel so I don’t need to make that decision. Disappointing, yes, but even the right decision to self cancel, is much harder when you have to make it.
 

twall0415

Member
I'm really curious what they are going to do with the ships while all the cruises are canceled. I also wonder how likely it is that they extend the cancellations out even further.
 

Jonathan Dalecki

Active Member
I saw earlier on Twitter, from a local news reporter, that the Dream is going out for one last cruise before the temporary shut down. The general reaction was "nope, couldn't get me on there" but I was like, hell, if anyone has a 10A stateroom they don't want to use, slide it my way!
 

EOD K9

Well-Known Member
I’m still hoping they extend the cancellations a tad further so I don't have to do it.
 
Last edited:

twall0415

Member
I'm not seeing this announcement anywhere, including their travel agent portal. Do you have a link to share please?
I haven't seen an official announcement but they have removed the ability to book European cruises on their website to July. Sorry, my screenshot isn't of the best quality, but the Transatlantic east bound is no longer an option as well as European departures to July. And let me clarify. They are not canceled, however, they are not having any new bookings.
2020-03-19_14-03-36.jpg
 
Last edited:

StageFrenzy

Well-Known Member
As far as what the ships have been up to, most of the ships have been anchored together off the coast around Florida. The magic, dream, fantasy are anchored outside of Port Canaveral. There’s more groups of other lines outside of Miami, Tampa Bay and down in the Bahamas. The fantasy did make a run down to Castaway Cay.
 

EOD K9

Well-Known Member
With the parks being closed until further notice, I'm curious to see if DCL does the same. Even if they are up and running by July, I'll be a little hesitant to go on that one. Again, its easier to accept when they cancel.
 

ChuckElias

Well-Known Member
With the parks being closed until further notice, I'm curious to see if DCL does the same. Even if they are up and running by July, I'll be a little hesitant to go on that one. Again, its easier to accept when they cancel.
My April 16 sailing is still on! LOL I can't believe it's actually going out, but they haven't canceled yet.
 

Sans Souci

Well-Known Member
We're booked on a September cruise, but the PIF date is in June. My husband and I decided if we both catch this by the PIF date, we'd go ahead. (I am assuming we'd have antibodies that would prevent us from getting reinfected.) But if we haven't (and I don't know how unlikely that is living in NJ), we'll cancel. I know it's far off and the situation is fluid, but I am looking at cruising with a fresh set of eyes now.
 

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom