Country Bear Jamboree

Fable McCloud

Maybe they could just update the audio, and add to the attraction by giving it a bit more build-up or sparkle. Also, maybe tweak the AA to allow them better, more fluid movements while still allowing us to see them as they should be.

If the attraction continues to break down or cause problems, there is a chance it may disappear or go the way of the Tiki Room...you know, getting new management and removing the fun songs that made it special.

Let's hope they can change it a bit but keep the show that everyone enjoys.

devoy1701

I did. When you re-read and quoted your post, did you think your post told the reader how recently you had experienced the show? Never mind. . . it doesn't matter.

You wrote, and I quote: "[T]he actual show is just fine." A fair interpretation of your comment above is that you enjoy the show even though its mechanics need work. Perhaps there are other interpretations, but that's why I suggested that what you enjoy may not be good enough for what others expect from Disney's Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion, if the CBJ can't up its game, it deserves whatever fate befalls it.

I think the actual show is fine. Kids aren't meant to get every attraction or even like every attraction. Walt Disney World is built for families...something for everyone, but everyone is not going to like everything. Whether you remember CBJ from your childhood or (like me who was born in the 80s) didn't get to experience it until much later, the dialog, songs, and jokes are still funny!

The audio is a bit hard to hear at times, but I think that is also because lots of people TALK DURING SHOWS NOWADAYS!!!! :fork::fork::fork:
Doesn't matter to me though, I know the songs, I have CBJ on the iPod, and I sing along when we're there. I always try to get the crowd alittle motivated and start the clap along when appropriate.

Disney isn't just about moving forward. And the parks are about yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. CBJ still fits the bill.

On another note, my fiance is finally starting to like this attraction...she's been on it 4 times in the past 6 months and this time I caught her laughing, smiling, and clapping along. I think after another 4 visits she might be singing along to "he's big around the middle, and he's broad across the rump. Running 90 miles an hour, making 30 feet a jump. He's never been cornered and he's never been treed. Some folks say he looks a lot like me!" :king:

puntagordabob

Mkcp: The show is just fine... fix the sound...update the tech behind the scenes...

As for The Enchanted Tiki Room/ Tropical Serenade.... most everyone knows my position on this one and that is simply instead of
"Under New Management" I PREFER "Under Walt's Management"...

SwistakFam

Scary Bears

I'm sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, but these bears freak me out. I have never personally seen the show or the bears, just pic's. I don't think I will ever want to see them. Sorry again if I hurt anyone. Just my opinion. :shrug:

spectrodanny

I like the Christmas show too...the audio quality is much nicer.
Do they still do the Vacation Hoedown version too? I used to think it was only in the sunmmer (which is a time I avoid WDW) but someone told me it's the same show as always in the summer.

and I agree...last year, the animals heads had very distractingly loud whirring and clicking noises coming from them.

The Vacation Hoedown hasn't been seen in Florida since late '90 when WDW celebrated it's 20th anniversary in '91 they went back to the Original show.
as for the Max,Buff & Melvin, in Pecos Bill's they no longer exist. and even if they were still there and WDW was showing the Vacation Hoedown, the Pecos Bill heads would've needed new audio & reprogramming as there was a a reprise of "The Great Outdoors" in the exit show and the heads in Pecos Bill's replaced the words "Great Outoors" with "Mile Long Bar'

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The Vacation Hoedown hasn't been seen in Florida since late '90 when WDW celebrated it's 20th anniversary in '91 they went back to the Original show.
as for the Max,Buff & Melvin, in Pecos Bill's they no longer exist. and even if they were still there and WDW was showing the Vacation Hoedown, the Pecos Bill heads would've needed new audio & reprogramming as there was a a reprise of "The Great Outdoors" in the exit show and the heads in Pecos Bill's replaced the words "Great Outoors" with "Mile Long Bar'

OMIGAWSH! YOU ANSWERED THE LONG LAST QUESTION! the picture of the Max animatronic that's rotting there must've been the one in Peco's Bill's Cafe! :D

spectrodanny

possibly or it might be one of the two from California (the one from Theatre 1 or our Mile Long Bar (the ones there didn't have any animation) the one from Theatre 2 is with his Buff & Melvin in Winnie the Pooh(p)

Clever Name

I tend to agree with the majority here. Disney needs to either send the CBJ to the same fate as Mr. Toad or they should update the attraction similar to the Tiki. Gangsta' Rappin' Bears would be a welcome improvement.

Thrill

It is not so much the memory I would seek to preserve as the feeling of wonder and awe. If that means closing attractions like the Mickey Mouse Review and replacing them with (eventually) Mickey's PhilharMagic, and the quality of the experience results in a child being awed by the sights, sounds and smells of the new show, then . . . goodbye Mickey Mouse Review, and no regrets. But we are talking about the Country Bear Jamboree here and the same thoughts would apply. In my opinion, if that attraction can't wow people like it did in 1971, then for the good of the park it needs to be improved or replaced with something that will.

And if they're going to put it Under New Management, then you can bet that it's one more attraction that I'll walk right past.

Who is to say what will turn out to be the right decision in the long run? As for those other attractions you mention and some you don't, both the Haunted Mansion and Pirates have undergone some transformation to stay current: The bride in the attic, Madame Leota's crystal ball, Captain Davey Jones on the mist and Captain Jack Sparrow's influence on the show scenes just to name a few. Efforts to maintain Country Bear Jamboree seem half hearted by comparison, and to me, that suggests the attraction isn't as beloved by the powers that be.

The only change you mentioned here that I fully back is the new ball for Leota. There is an argument against the new bride, and while I like the new attic scene, there is definitely some credibility behind the argument that the old attic was better. I don't mind Davey Jones in California because nothing was removed for it and it's not the first thing you see. In WDW, he's responding to the Jolly Roger that isn't even there anymore. It's a cool effect, though. As for Sparrow, the one in the final scene is great, as it replaced nothing and doesn't ruin the ride. The first and second ones would be good too, if everyone wasn't saying, "Jack Sparrow," every five seconds. Now, the other changes made in both refurbishments were all good in my opinion (Barbossa, Escher staircase, stretch room audio, etc.).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And if they're going to put it Under New Management, then you can bet that it's one more attraction that I'll walk right past.

The only change you mentioned here that I fully back is the new ball for Leota. There is an argument against the new bride, and while I like the new attic scene, there is definitely some credibility behind the argument that the old attic was better. I don't mind Davey Jones in California because nothing was removed for it and it's not the first thing you see. In WDW, he's responding to the Jolly Roger that isn't even there anymore. It's a cool effect, though. As for Sparrow, the one in the final scene is great, as it replaced nothing and doesn't ruin the ride. The first and second ones would be good too, if everyone wasn't saying, "Jack Sparrow," every five seconds. Now, the other changes made in both refurbishments were all good in my opinion (Barbossa, Escher staircase, stretch room audio, etc.).
Really? I think that I'd like to know their reasons behind that theory. :lol:

Thrill

Really? I think that I'd like to know their reasons behind that theory. :lol:

If I remember correctly, the new attic essentially makes the old attic's theme more obvious. The heads that used to pop up (which I miss, a little bit) and the Hatbox Ghost were the husbands of the bride. I forget what the point of the theory was, but the way I look at it, if and when they bring back the Hatbox Ghost, he won't have a place in the attic, since the story is now more clearly defined. So right now, the attic is good in my eyes, it's just a matter of the story being messed up with the addition of the Hatbox Ghost, should the rumor of his return turn out to be true.

Walt Disney1955

I'm sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, but these bears freak me out. I have never personally seen the show or the bears, just pic's. I don't think I will ever want to see them. Sorry again if I hurt anyone. Just my opinion. :shrug:

I really think you should see the show. These are the last bears in the world that would come around to your campsite and tear it apart. There is nothing mean about these bears, just fun loving characters that you'll love.

puntagordabob

I tend to agree with the majority here. Disney needs to either send the CBJ to the same fate as Mr. Toad or they should update the attraction similar to the Tiki. Gangsta' Rappin' Bears would be a welcome improvement.

I assume you are either just kidding or simply a troll since you "just joined" the site....

RonAnnArbor

Having just been there and seen CBJ three nights ago, I can attest to the sound being terrible. You could not hear the mounted animal heads on the right wall at all. The sound from the stage was fine in Center and SR, but you could not hear the bears on SR at all beyond the first few rows.

Either they have blown a speaker on SL that nobody has bothered to fix, or they have Ride Ops that aren't setting the levels correctly.

Clever Name

haha...........good one. It's a joke right? :shrug:

As I recall, the last major refurbishment for CBJ was in 2008 and look how well that worked. The entire show is outdated and the hydraulics are shot. It needs a complete redo from the ground up. All the mechanicals need to be replaced with modern AA systems and the old hydraulic system needs to be completely removed. A new show should be put in the place of that tired old country stuff. It doesn’t have to be Gangsta’ Rappin’ Bears. That was just an example. They could do something like hip-hop break dancing bears. Yo-yo. :wave:

rsoxguy

As I recall, the last major refurbishment for CBJ was in 2008 and look how well that worked. The entire show is outdated and the hydraulics are shot. It needs a complete redo from the ground up. All the mechanicals need to be replaced with modern AA systems and the old hydraulic system needs to be completely removed. A new show should be put in the place of that tired old country stuff. It doesn’t have to be Gangsta’ Rappin’ Bears. That was just an example. They could do something like hip-hop break dancing bears. Yo-yo. :wave:

I suppose we could take all of the "tired old outer space stuff" out of Space Mountain, and the "tired old water stuff" out of Splash Mountain, but the theme of each ride would suffer greatly. CBJ is located in FrontierLand, and it's central theme involves country "stuff". It is my opinion that your thoughts on this attraction are misguided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom