Country Bear Jamboree

Chrononymous

I like the Christmas show too...the audio quality is much nicer.
Do they still do the Vacation Hoedown version too? I used to think it was only in the sunmmer (which is a time I avoid WDW) but someone told me it's the same show as always in the summer.

and I agree...last year, the animals heads had very distractingly loud whirring and clicking noises coming from them.

mitchk

Please don't get me wrong CBJ is a must see once every visit (if my wife let's me, she can't stand it, but she dosen't feel the same way about CBJ that I do, it reminds me of my first trip in 1987 with my Mom, sister, and GrandParents) I would just like to see the audio upgraded, it needs it

Mr Toad

Yeah, the wall mounted ones click and stuff. I know its part of the charm but I wish they could make the clicking noises a little softer. They are quite loud.

frank2271

Original Poster
Do you guys remember the animal heads in Pecos Bills? I used to love to watch them after the show, they used to do a little comedy for the exiting guests.

It's been a LONG time since they removed them, please tell me you remeber them too.

Funny, I don't remember hearing the clicking noises then, there has to be a way to silence them.

Chrononymous

Do you guys remember the animal heads in Pecos Bills? I used to love to watch them after the show, they used to do a little comedy for the exiting guests.

It's been a LONG time since they removed them, please tell me you remeber them too.

I definitely remember them! It was weird because they only came to life right after the show let out into the restaurant. If you just arrived there to eat, they were just stuffed heads that didn't move.

I was utterly fascinated by that.

I wonder when they were removed? I remember them being there around 1993...

DisneyNut2007

I disagree with most of the opinions here regarding the sound system upgrades.

The attraction does not need an audio upgrade anymore, since they already did upgrade the sound system...and it certainly does sound a lot better and not as grating as it did prior to last year's rehab.

They also cleaned up the AA's and gave them all fresh new coats of fur, which is also always a good thing.

Now, they just need to focus on returning the Xmas and Vacation shows into the rotation.

mitchk

Didn't they also have talking animal heads at a restaurant in one of the resorts? (Polly, or FW). I can't remember what resort it was, but I remember seeing them around 87' :shrug:

SirGoofy

CBJ is so much better than the vast majority of shows in the Magic Kingdom. It's a shame that they've let it go back into disrepair.

mitchk

CBJ is so much better than the vast majority of shows in the Magic Kingdom. It's a shame that they've let it go back into disrepair.

I want to brainstorm real quick here, I say better audio (voice, and system), new state of the art AA's (the ones with the most current form of compliance), new lighting, and maybe more easy on the butt seats. Keep the same script, and BANG..... prefect show :D

mitchk

Didn't they also have talking animal heads at a restaurant in one of the resorts? (Polly, or FW). I can't remember what resort it was, but I remember seeing them around 87' :shrug:

I was thinking about this last night, and I still can't place the resort it was at. Anyone know:confused:

sublimesting

Hello all,

I went to MK yesterday and went to see the Country Bears for the first time in years. Let me tell you, I was really disappointed with the sound quality in the theater. Didn't they just do an update a few years ago? I was in the fifth row and couldn't understand what the bears were saying. We were also on the end of the row under the animal heads on the wall and the clicking noises coming form the robotics were so loud it was tough to hear the animals talking. It's a musical show, the sound quality should be an important part of the experience, don't you agree?

I used to love that show, I don't see myself going back any time soon. :(

Surely Disney knows the terrible shape the audio is in, why don't they fix it? I probably wouldn't cost too much to install a decent audio system.

Does anyone know if there is an audio update in the works for the Bears?

Frank

This is unfortunate news. We saw it last fall and it was abysmal. The audio and animatronics were a noisy silly wreck. We had assumed after the refurb that we would go back to fresh looking fur, quiet animatronics and vibrant sound. How hard is that really!?!

Figment632

This is unfortunate news. We saw it last fall and it was abysmal. The audio and animatronics were a noisy silly wreck. We had assumed after the refurb that we would go back to fresh looking fur, quiet animatronics and vibrant sound. How hard is that really!?!

I couldn't believe how bad it was but COP was bad as well at the end of August, they don't do any up keep on that ride. All of the AA's hair looked like they just got out if bed.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I feel like I'm the only one here with this opinion, but for me, it's massively better than it was before it's refurb. I can decipher most of the dialog now, whereas before I really couldn't make any of it out.

This = truth.

I hadn't seen this in years until last August. Coming out of that show... I remembered why I hadn't seen it in years. After the refurb, though? It's now one of my favorite attractions in MK. The audio is perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom