Country Bear Jamboree

Clever Name

I suppose we could take all of the "tired old outer space stuff" out of Space Mountain, and the "tired old water stuff" out of Splash Mountain, but the theme of each ride would suffer greatly. CBJ is located in FrontierLand, and it's central theme involves country "stuff". It is my opinion that your thoughts on this attraction are misguided.

I understand your concern, I really think it could retain a “country” flavor but it desperately needs updating. For example, I think a version of cowboy country hip-hop would fit very well. It maintains the Frontieland theme. It might be possible to write in some break dancing American Indians to portray the conflict of the white man’s imperial expansion across the country. Here’s an example of cowboy country hip-hop for your review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruCmtbOZQg

Of course, all the roles would be performed by dancing bears as they have a rich historical place in the great American west.

rsoxguy

I'm having a difficult time discerning the sincerity of your post. Break dancing American Indians? You don't write like a child, but your ideas are so outlandish that I find myself questioning your motives. In any case, I disagree with your vision for this attraction and I wish you well.

Clever Name

I'm having a difficult time discerning the sincerity of your post. Break dancing American Indians? You don't write like a child, but your ideas are so outlandish that I find myself questioning your motives. In any case, I disagree with your vision for this attraction and I wish you well.

After giving this problem a little more thought, I’ve come up with another idea that I’ll submit for your consideration. Davy Crockett was famous for his experimentation in the art and science of grinning down a bear. That aspect of Davy’s life could be used in the new CBJ show perhaps even using audience participation! I think that is an exciting idea. Here’s an example of some updated material that gives a general idea of the concept:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQq-wlLZtfc

rsoxguy

Sorry Junior, but I'm done playing. I appreciate the levity to an extent, but it's too late in the evening for the comedy club routine. Again, I wish you well. :wave:

Clever Name

Comedy is an integral part of the current CBJ show. The problem is that the jokes are old and don’t play well to today’s audiences. Vaudeville died for a good reason in that it lost most of its entertainment value. The CBJ has suffered the same fate. The CBJ is long in the tooth. I’m confident the show can be saved but it’s going to require a complete rewrite to make the show relevant and entertaining to a wide audience. The current CBJ has a very small but dedicated fan club that has a rather myopic view of the attraction. Other attractions at WDW suffer the same fate such as CoP. I also understand that older people are often resistant to change and that’s fine because part of the objective here is to make the new CBJ appeal to a younger generation. :wave:

Fable McCloud

I think the point being made subtly by rsoxguy was that he wasn't in the mood to argue the point any further, lest it turn into a flamewar.

Here's my thoughts.

The Bears still sort of creep me out, but I think if people still enjoy it than maybe they can redo the audio with a higher quality. Perhaps even re-do some of the dialog to revitalize it, but keep the show basically the same. They just need to cover up the mechanical sounds and allow the audio to come up a bit. Maybe even consider better acoustical paneling on the walls so they can be heard better?

Really, what they decide is what's going to happen, so it may stay unchanged, it may go altogether, or go the way of the Tiki Room and get a new gig. The only thing we can really do is go to guest services, and talk the show up, but tell them the audio is suffering. Unless anyone else has an idea?:veryconfu

Clever Name

I think you are on the right track with CBJ becoming more like The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management). The back story would be that Fozzie bear buys the old CBJ and decides to pump some new life into the show. Kermit and Miss Piggy will be reluctantly enlisted by Fozzie to teach the old bears some new tips and tricks to make the show relevant and entertaining to the current generation. Singing, break dancing and rap numbers will replace the boring old show and Iago could fly over from the Tiki room to congratulate Fozzie on a job well done. :wave:

Walt Disney1955

Comedy is an integral part of the current CBJ show. The problem is that the jokes are old and don’t play well to today’s audiences. Vaudeville died for a good reason in that it lost most of its entertainment value. The CBJ has suffered the same fate. The CBJ is long in the tooth. I’m confident the show can be saved but it’s going to require a complete rewrite to make the show relevant and entertaining to a wide audience. The current CBJ has a very small but dedicated fan club that has a rather myopic view of the attraction. Other attractions at WDW suffer the same fate such as CoP. I also understand that older people are often resistant to change and that’s fine because part of the objective here is to make the new CBJ appeal to a younger generation. :wave:

So why does everything have to appeal to the yonger generation? I was 10 and loved CBJ. I'm 30 now and still love it, much more now. The corny aspect of the show with it's innocent jokes is what gives it the charm that people love. Hip hop bears is so outlandish that I don't know where to begin. Part of the love for Disney is the fact that they haven't turned every ride into a way to make the ADD generation (yes that is what I call anyone under 18 today) enjoy it.

thewhitequeen

This is one of those attractions that I think should be ripped out, but if Disney did choose to replace it, it would probably be turned into another gift shop. :rolleyes:

RonAnnArbor

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with the "newer generation" thing....I think it has to do with a refurb for ANY generation.

The current music is stuff that they either developed for CBJ when it first opened, or is music in the public domain and/or originally written for Disney (Like Davy Crocket)....Much of it is politically incorrect -- how many kids these days are exposed to lyrics like "There was blood on the saddle, blood on the floor"...

CBJ was developed back when shows like HeeHaw and Laugh-In were very popular on tv. In fact, lots of CBJ is a take-off on HeeHaw and the things they used to do on that show. Country music has changed significantly over the lat twenty years, and CBJ has not reflected that trend. Put in more modern jokes, and some updated country pop songs, and not much else needs to be changed attraction-wise.

But unless they fix the sound system, it doesn't matter what music they put into the attraction.

imagineer boy

I think the show could do with some upgrading, but dear god it doesn't need rap. Keep the classic songs and characters the same, but update the script a bit to inject some new life in the show, some new songs (still country), and maybe a couple of new surprises with updated effects adn you have a successfully refurbed classic.

I think you are on the right track with CBJ becoming more like The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management). The back story would be that Fozzie bear buys the old CBJ and decides to pump some new life into the show. Kermit and Miss Piggy will be reluctantly enlisted by Fozzie to teach the old bears some new tips and tricks to make the show relevant and entertaining to the current generation. Singing, break dancing and rap numbers will replace the boring old show and Iago could fly over from the Tiki room to congratulate Fozzie on a job well done. :wave:

Lame.

Clever Name

So why does everything have to appeal to the yonger generation? I was 10 and loved CBJ. I'm 30 now and still love it, much more now. The corny aspect of the show with it's innocent jokes is what gives it the charm that people love. Hip hop bears is so outlandish that I don't know where to begin. Part of the love for Disney is the fact that they haven't turned every ride into a way to make the ADD generation (yes that is what I call anyone under 18 today) enjoy it.

You make a very good point which, I think, really puts us on the same page. Twenty years ago the attraction appealed to you when you were 10 years of age. You’ve carried that love of the show with you for the past twenty years and now, you like it even more. That’s a wonderful thing indeed and your appreciation of the nostalgia associated with the attraction is felt by others as well. Unfortunately, the average 10 year old today doesn’t enjoy the CBJ largely because the show script doesn’t measure up to more modern standards. Children are brighter and more intelligent today then ever before and, of course, their entertainment options are much better and more diverse.

The days of Teddy Ruxpin, Chuck E. Cheese and the Rubik’s Cube are gone and belong at the Pop Century. The current CBJ show is history and it needs to be thrown out. I would like to see the show continue and that means it needs to be updated to the 21st century. I personally think that the hip-hop bear idea is great in that it would appeal to people of all ages. I fully understand that your sense of nostalgia for the attraction precludes you from being objective and therefore you’re very resistant to change. Some fans have even gone so far as to suggest that the attraction should just close rather than be improved.

I suggested rap as a musical venue for the show because of its current and obvious future popularity. Perhaps Disney could persuade artists such as Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Jay Z and Snoop Dogg to voice the bears and script some classic rap for the show. Unlike “Blood On The Saddle” by Tex Ritter, rap music makes an audience rhyme the tunes as they walk out of the theater and it just makes people happy. Some of the bears could be dressed in low rider pants showing off their colorful underwear. One bear could have “I ♥ Tex Ritter” on his underwear in tribute to the old show.

imagineer boy

The Country Bear Jamboree could use many changes, but using hip hop and rap is most definately NOT one of them.

Might as well change it to "It Ain't Easy Being a Country Bear Pimp" starring Henry the Pimp bear and Mistress Teddi Barra.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You make a very good point which, I think, really puts us on the same page. Twenty years ago the attraction appealed to you when you were 10 years of age. You’ve carried that love of the show with you for the past twenty years and now, you like it even more. That’s a wonderful thing indeed and your appreciation of the nostalgia associated with the attraction is felt by others as well. Unfortunately, the average 10 year old today doesn’t enjoy the CBJ largely because the show script doesn’t measure up to more modern standards. Children are brighter and more intelligent today then ever before and, of course, their entertainment options are much better and more diverse.

The days of Teddy Ruxpin, Chuck E. Cheese and the Rubik’s Cube are gone and belong at the Pop Century. The current CBJ show is history and it needs to be thrown out. I would like to see the show continue and that means it needs to be updated to the 21st century. I personally think that the hip-hop bear idea is great in that it would appeal to people of all ages. I fully understand that your sense of nostalgia for the attraction precludes you from being objective and therefore you’re very resistant to change. Some fans have even gone so far as to suggest that the attraction should just close rather than be improved.

I suggested rap as a musical venue for the show because of its current and obvious future popularity. Perhaps Disney could persuade artists such as Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Jay Z and Snoop Dogg to voice the bears and script some classic rap for the show. Unlike “Blood On The Saddle” by Tex Ritter, rap music makes an audience rhyme the tunes as they walk out of the theater and it just makes people happy. Some of the bears could be dressed in low rider pants showing off their colorful underwear. One bear could have “I ♥ Tex Ritter” on his underwear in tribute to the old show.

OMG...why would Disney want to embrace the thug-life prison culture that sagging represents.

Saggy pants should be outlawed and definitely do NOT have a place at WDW anywhere.

Your whole argument just lost any semblance of credibility that you were so striving for.

Clever Name

OMG...why would Disney want to embrace the thug-life prison culture that sagging represents.

Saggy pants should be outlawed and definitely do NOT have a place at WDW anywhere.

Your whole argument just lost any semblance of credibility that you were so striving for.

Sagging is indeed a current fashion phenomenon and the really humorous part is the backlash it has caused among the “fashion police”. Poking fun at the pants on the ground crowd is a wonderful comedy tool. Disney showing this fashion trend is no way an endorsement. Disney shows pirates killing, looting and engaging in white slavery in the PoTC attraction yet no one accuses them of endorsing such activities. However, I understand your resistance to change even if your reasoning is flawed. :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sagging is indeed a current fashion phenomenon and the really humorous part is the backlash it has caused among the “fashion police”. Poking fun at the pants on the ground crowd is a wonderful comedy tool. Disney showing this fashion trend is no way an endorsement. Disney shows pirates killing, looting and engaging in white slavery in the PoTC attraction yet no one accuses them of endorsing such activities. However, I understand your resistance to change even if your reasoning is flawed. :wave:

And, as such, will quickly date itself even faster than you assert the current show already has. No thanks.

Clever Name

And, as such, will quickly date itself even faster than you assert the current show already has. No thanks.

It would be a generational image that would last for about ten years. But your point is well taken. Even if it lost all relevance, it’s a wardrobe bit that can be removed, modified or changed quickly and easily. Script dialog would not be affected by this fashion trend joke. As the new fashion trends materialize, the characters can be dressed accordingly. Unlike actors, AA’s don’t object to costume changes. :)

disneyrcks

It would be a generational image that would last for about ten years. But your point is well taken. Even if it lost all relevance, it’s a wardrobe bit that can be removed, modified or changed quickly and easily. Script dialog would not be affected by this fashion trend joke. As the new fashion trends materialize, the characters can be dressed accordingly. Unlike actors, AA’s don’t object to costume changes. :)

Country is becoming very popular these days as well.....I love CBJ as is and would not like it to change but I can see your point to modernize it...However as popular as country is becoming I can see updating it (if that is a must do) with current country artists rather than making it a hip hop thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom