Country Bear Jamboree

puntagordabob

A new show should be put in the place of that tired old country stuff. It doesn’t have to be Gangsta’ Rappin’ Bears. That was just an example. They could do something like hip-hop break dancing bears. Yo-yo. :wave:

Dude, seriously.... that would make TR: Under New management look like a success because that would be Worse than retiring Mickey Mouse with Stitch as the official face of Disney.

I understand your concern, I really think it could retain a “country” flavor but it desperately needs updating. For example, I think a version of cowboy country hip-hop would fit very well. It maintains the Frontieland theme. It might be possible to write in some break dancing American Indians to portray the conflict of the white man’s imperial expansion across the country. \
Of course, all the roles would be performed by dancing bears as they have a rich historical place in the great American west.

No way you are serious.... you got to be a troll....

The CBJ is long in the tooth. I’m confident the show can be saved but it’s going to require a complete rewrite to make the show relevant and entertaining to a wide audience. The current CBJ has a very small but dedicated fan club that has a rather myopic view of the attraction. Other attractions at WDW suffer the same fate such as CoP. I also understand that older people are often resistant to change and that’s fine because part of the objective here is to make the new CBJ appeal to a younger generation. :wave:

Walt Disney wanted young and old alike to come to Disneyland and the MK to experience it all together generation after generation.... some things advance while some things remain the same... your concept of making it appeal to the younger generation is at the expense of all those who came before it.... the Tiki Room in Dinsyeland has been entertaining people since 1963 and it is still packed one show after another..its Timeless... over at WDW it was dumbed down and stupified to appeal to the hipper generations and look how well THAT has gone. Now you suggest something akin to suicide for the CBJ show lol... They need to update the tech, the show is fine.

I think you are on the right track with CBJ becoming more like The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management). The back story would be that Fozzie bear buys the old CBJ and decides to pump some new life into the show. Kermit and Miss Piggy will be reluctantly enlisted by Fozzie to teach the old bears some new tips and tricks to make the show relevant and entertaining to the current generation. Singing, break dancing and rap numbers will replace the boring old show and Iago could fly over from the Tiki room to congratulate Fozzie on a job well done. :wave:

Yeah the Tiki Room UNM show is SOOOO Hip and cool that it is perhaps the most reviled attraction at WDW with a nose ahead of Stitch's Great Escape.

Your ideas of rap music and break dancing bears are sooooooo OUT THERE.... and I am sorry to say: Craptacular.

GenerationX

I understand your concern, I really think it could retain a “country” flavor but it desperately needs updating. For example, I think a version of cowboy country hip-hop would fit very well. It maintains the Frontieland theme. It might be possible to write in some break dancing American Indians to portray the conflict of the white man’s imperial expansion across the country. Here’s an example of cowboy country hip-hop for your review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruCmtbOZQg

Of course, all the roles would be performed by dancing bears as they have a rich historical place in the great American west.

:lol::lol: This is great stuff, particularly the last line. I tip my cap at how long you've been able to maintain the elevated writing with increasingly more absurd ideas. Very entertaining material.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom