News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

retr0gate

I thought Shaker did get the shaking mechanic? It looked like he was moving quite a bit when they played the drum noises at the end of his song. I never remember seeing him do that in Orlando, unless it had just been broken for a really really long time in WDW fashion!

As for other changes to the bears, I think Ernest got the biggest glow-up and now looks like the original Marc Davis concept. He also seems to have way more back and forth movement, which I’m not sure whether it was added or restored. The finale Henry is almost entirely different. He was reprogrammed to play a guitar rather than flail his arms like intro Henry, and Sammy has been moved from his head as we’ve all noticed. I wonder if they were able to reprogram his arms to play guitar or if new arms needed to be given to that animatronic?
I was at one of the D23 showings and during the interview they claimed that all the animatronics, while still hydraulic, were rebuilt from the ground up. After seeing them in person, I don't doubt it either. It sounds silly to say, but their movement was so lifelike that it was actually difficult to see them as anything but real, living characters. I don't know when the last time I was that immersed into an attraction was. Probably not since I was a kid.

In the Parks
No
I was at one of the D23 showings and during the interview they claimed that all the animatronics, while still hydraulic, were rebuilt from the ground up. After seeing them in person, I don't doubt it either. It sounds silly to say, but their movement was so lifelike that it was actually difficult to see them as anything but real, living characters. I don't know when the last time I was that immersed into an attraction was. Probably not since I was a kid.
Wait, so they're not electric? Wasn't everyone on here saying they would be? What does that mean for future reprogramming? Is it not actually easier?

Dear Prudence

LOL LOL LOL, I guess people are super mad about Big Al singing "Remember Me," and I just want to say that, as a Mexican, I absolutely hate that song and I think it sounds insipid and corny, especially next to the songs that were written by Mexican artists in the film. Obviously, I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but it really irked me that it doesn't sound Mexican at all (not in terms of melody/structure/ lyrics/vocal inflections), and it's become this figurehead.

The lyrics are absolutely abysmal, and Big Al singing them really punctuated that. 🤣

aladdin2007

Okay I just marathoned all five versions of the CBJ (og, 2012, Summer, Christmas, and Musical).

Yeah, this is definitely the weakest one. It isn't bad, but it's the obvious weakest link of them all next to 2012. It shares the same showtime as 2012 so, that's probably a reason why it feels the weakest. It needs more breathing time.
Its also completely different than all its predecessors so I think it has to be looked at from a different angle entirely. It certainly had a caring team in charge of it I will give them that, even if we all may not agree with all the choices etc,,,but this got a better deal than the mess down the way..

Smiley/OCD

Yup, I understand things have to move forward, I will hold out hope that Disney will make this right…my DW is a HUGE parrot head so having McAnally working with them is definitely a positive. I WILL miss the old songs though

The Chatbox Ghost

Indeed, while DL and Tokyo Terrence's AAs were made so the hips could shake independent from the rest of the body, when the show first opened in 1971 -71, Terrence would bob around on his tiny, stubby legs, so violently that the curtain behind him shook.. This action was so difficult to program and maintain that for many years the lower half of his body was simply turned off. (Credit Passport to Dreams)

Around 2007 to when the show closed to be shortened in the 2012 refurb, Terrence's whole body shook rapidly during the finale, as seen here:

That motion is insane!! I think I would've seen that as a kid ince but most of my trips are post 2012 so I'm more used to "B-Mode Shaker" lmao

zipadee999

The second remember me is just in line with the old show where Big Al came back to sing blood on the saddle during the final song.
Do we think it will be like this for the entirety of Musical Jamboree’s life, or is there even the slightest chance it may be added eventually if people keep begging due to ‘popular demand?’ Every comment section I’ve seen on any post related to the new show is full of both mega fans and casual park goers clamoring for Blood on the Saddle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom