News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

celluloid

Oh god no. Please no.
I see the figment fan cycle has official pulled back into “dread”

The best one could hope for is Inside Out featuring Figment. Much like apparently we have to be grateful for The Bear remaining featuring Disney songs.

Joy finds Figment within the JOURNEY Inside Out and Figment is within the new post show area.

Sneakman

The best one could hope for is Inside Out featuring Figment. Much like apparently we have to be grateful for The Bear remaining featuring Disney songs.

Joy finds Figment within the JOURNEY Inside Out and Figment is within the new post show area.
I’m fine with the bears, but i refuse to accept figment with inside out, to the level I will potentially never ride it again if it’s mid. They KNOW what people want and if they don’t there is a chance I could go full “wdwmagic” on this issue.

The Chatbox Ghost

I love how they programmed the triplets for when Big Al comes back at the very end, they are like "what the?!" and one even gestures to her sisters to look.
This is probably my favorite AA detail in the show- they didn't HAVE to do it, they could've had the triplets lower down with Gomer and Wendell, but kept them up longer just so they could have them react.

The Chatbox Ghost

I think part of my bias for me liking what they did to plussing the bears is they actually did some of the things on ,my wish list. I was always jealous of Tokyo having all the cool extra art and display cases showing the bears' history, and it took till now but I finally got that here. I love how they finally acknowledge the "Ursus H. Bear founding Grizzly Hall" backstory in the attraction itself with the new newspaper in the lobby showing the theater's opening in the 1898.
I wish they added Tokyo's photos of the bears too, it shows off a lot of their personalities better than the main portraits. The cases are great though, lots of details and lore in there. Love that Henry is now Ursus's grandson!

The Chatbox Ghost

It almost seems like the imagineers were given a list of required songs from corporate and told ‘make these work.’ There are dozens of Disney songs which have a rustic, country feel and would’ve been no-brainers, but instead we’re stuck with pop songs awkwardly shoehorned. Some songs were very well done, but most of them feel like the imagineers were told to do their best with songs that clearly don’t represent the bears.
It's especially telling since a lot of these songs are ones you see in nearly every fireworks/nighttime show (You've Got a Friend in Me, A Whole New World, and Remember Me especially)

I think the only song that really doesn't work for me is Try Everything, with Fixer Upper close after but still fine enough that I enjoy it. We were gonna get a Frozen song so at least we got the only one that could be made country (Fixer Upper feels like a country term so it works)

celluloid

I’m fine with the bears, but i refuse to accept figment with inside out, to the level I will potentially never ride it again if it’s mid. They KNOW what people want and if they don’t there is a chance I could go full “wdwmagic” on this issue.

I will save you the time of the kind of response you would get:

"Did you want the attraction that was there before??"
"It never worked anymore"
"Journey Into Imaignation, the original was never coming back"
"Be grateful figment is still referenced as a joke cameo in this new ride"

Sneakman

I will save you the time of the kind of response you would get:

"Did you want the attraction that was there before??"
"It never worked anymore"
"Journey Into Imaignation, the original was never coming back"
"Be grateful figment is still referenced as a joke cameo in this new ride"
Nah nah, they’ve been referencing Dreamfinder for YEARS, them pulling this was unacceptable. As much as I hate to admit it the bears weren’t as possible, and this is from the super fan. People waited HOURS for figment stuff, they KNOW it’s sell. I ain’t being greatful for nothing except figment as the main character, dreamfinder or not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's especially telling since a lot of these songs are ones you see in nearly every fireworks/nighttime show (You've Got a Friend in Me, A Whole New World, and Remember Me especially)
I'll certainly agree that You've Got a Friend in Me and a Whole New World (and Friend Like Me) are overused.

But Remember Me has just a small snippet in Luminous and Big Al just has a small snippet. Is it being used elsewhere that I'm forgetting?

The Chatbox Ghost

I figured as much would happen, between Tiana's and (the site whose name I can't say here)'s CBMJ video getting copyright struck when we uploaded it, causing us to have to cut out most of Try Everything. Makes me wonder if that's the only one that'll stream since the rest weren't flagged

The Chatbox Ghost

I'll certainly agree that You've Got a Friend in Me and a Whole New World (and Friend Like Me) are overused.

But Remember Me has just a small snippet in Luminous and Big Al just has a small snippet. Is it being used elsewhere that I'm forgetting?
Maybe I'm conflating Remember Me with Coco as a whole, since Disney has REALLY been pushing that as one of their staple IPs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom