News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Seen a couple of "Dream CBJ" playlists so I figured I'd toss my own up:

Henry/5BR - Pianjo and Serenade (Kept from old show)
Wendell - Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks (The joke is he has no friends)
Romeo - Burnin’ Love - Elvis Presley
Ernest - Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels (Use the smoking fiddle gag from Musical)
Teddi Barra - Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks
Zeke - Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
Shaker - T-R-O-U-B-L-E - Travis Tritt (Keeps the high energy a Shaker song needs)
Sun Bonnets/Trixie - Love Story - Taylor Swift (Possible commentary from Romeo)
Big Al - When She Loved Me - Toy Story 2 (Appropriate bc he’s a lonely wreck)
Whole Group/Finale - Zip a Dee Doo Dah
Big Al Cut In - It's a Small World (Saddest version possible)
Exit - Come Again (Kept from old show)

Last edited:

zipadee999

Ernest - Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels (Use the smoking fiddle gag from Musical)
Shaker - T-R-O-U-B-L-E - Travis Tritt (Keeps the high energy a Shaker song needs)
That would be a great show! I’d have many of the same songs if it were up to me!

Here’s mine:

Henry/Gomer/5BR: Pianjo and Serenade
Wendell: Should’ve Been a Cowboy - Toby Keith (alongside slideshow of Wendell trying/failing to be a cowboy)
Romeo: Burnin Love - Elvis Presley (perfect choice!)
Ernest: Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels (Specifically the later part of the song with the fiddle solo)
Trixie and the Sun Bonnets: Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
Zeke and the 5BR: The Great Outdoors (slightly condensed version)
Shaker: Chattahoochie - Alan Jackson
Teddi Barra: I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton
Big Al: All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down - Hank Williams Jr (Played in the most comical, out of tune way possible)
Henry/Sammy: Davy Crockett
Big Al interruption: Blood on the Saddle
Whole Gang: Thank God I’m a Country Bear - John Denver/Country Bears
Exit: Come Again

FigmentJedi

Devil Went Down to Georgia is what you turn into the climax of a Halloween show

Musical Mermaid

It almost seems like the imagineers were given a list of required songs from corporate and told ‘make these work.’ There are dozens of Disney songs which have a rustic, country feel and would’ve been no-brainers, but instead we’re stuck with pop songs awkwardly shoehorned. Some songs were very well done, but most of them feel like the imagineers were told to do their best with songs that clearly don’t represent the bears.
Yes, it's very obvious they were told to make these songs work because they don't fit well. I'd like to make my own playlist of more obscure Disney songs. I liked someone's idea of "Little Patch of Heaven" for the sunbonnets though. That'd sound great in 3 part harmony and so much better than them being backup singers.

Maybe those in charge prefer having the more familiar tunes. For me, it's a turn-off because it turns the show into a sing along and there's already too many of those in the parks. Also, if they had a better playlist, I wish they'd reconsider making the show longer. It's hot in Florida, give us more of a break. Would it be so terrible if the show was 15 minutes? I miss the Bear Band Serenade.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes. They designed a park with an entrance/exit hub land Mickey Avenue. An IP influence take and the first castle hub park without a Main Street. 2016. So we have our answer. The company in this tomeframehas not bee the company thst would perhaps in the future they could go back to in house creations of that level, but that time is not now nor the last decad le and a half.
Is the land completely themed atound Mickey? Or is it like main street and only in the title?

I honestly dont know. Educate me.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Is the land completely themed atound Mickey? Or is it like main street and only in the title?

A much shorter, and more simplistic, Main Street/Buena Vista Street combo (in architecture) with the Toontown color scheme. Also features a few Toontown-style buildings like a version of Goofy's House, and a version of Carthay Circle.
Some shocking differences include the fact that nearly all buildings are facades only, the lack of a true Town Square, and the fact that it's just over 220 feet, compared to the US parks' 800' Main Streets. In addition, it has a modified version of Disneyland's train station, but you can't actually access it as the park has no railroad.

Last edited:

celluloid

Themed around Disney and animated IP. To the point where about every building has to have a character from a toon or movie on it.

1720911644756.png

It is the most recent hub land built from the company for a theme park, and is themed with Intellectual Properties. Less than half the real estate of other hub lands, and it is filled to the brim with IP.

So when this is brought up:
I disagree. I think Disney would make a non specific IP based entrance hub to a new park again.

We have already had this answer in their most recent largest theme park investment.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

Themed around Disney and animated IP. To the point where about every building has to have a character from a toon or movie on it.

View attachment 799994

It is the most recent hub land built, the only designed in the last 20 years from the company for a theme park, and is themed with Intellectual Properties. Less than half the real estate of other hub lands, and it is filled to the brim with IP.
So timeless. So Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom