News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

celluloid

Nah nah, they’ve been referencing Dreamfinder for YEARS, them pulling this was unacceptable. As much as I hate to admit it the bears weren’t as possible, and this is from the super fan. People waited HOURS for figment stuff, they KNOW it’s sell. I ain’t being greatful for nothing except figment as the main character, dreamfinder or not.

The same people wait hours for Figment stuff. It does not compete with a 600 million sequel movie domestic and a billion when worldwide.

As much as it sucks to find that Figment is not likely to get a return to glory in an original full ride attraction just about he and Dreaminfder, it is the truth.

People wait hours for Figment stuff because it is the same condensed fanbase of park obsessed and hype for something distributed in not an efficient way.

That figment stuff would still sell if he was not in the ride much at all and in pavilion as a guest with Inside Out.

I wish it was not so, but this is the current Disney parks.

Disney can sell defunct attraction merch in a vintage style and collect money off the nostalgia enough and a ton of selling the new.

Last edited:

celluloid

I'll certainly agree that You've Got a Friend in Me and a Whole New World (and Friend Like Me) are overused.

But Remember Me has just a small snippet in Luminous and Big Al just has a small snippet. Is it being used elsewhere that I'm forgetting?

No but the other sing along in the same park has the property represented so maybe that is what people are thinking. I think people are kind of tired of the same five to ten films represented. I think that is partly why Supercali- is such a welcomed thing in this. In 12 min they often pick from the same source material.

Friend like me? How many times is that in the parks of WDW right now?

You've got a friend of me is the worst. You can hear it in multiple versions in MK, and then over in DHS in multiple locations.

DCBaker

Premium Member
In an update to operational hours, it appears Disney has confirmed Country Bear Musical Jamboree will be open during Extended Evening Hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 8.41.35 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 8.42.54 PM.png

Sir_Cliff

Now you are getting it! That all stopped for Disney owned parks plans moving forward post Everest in 2006, Mission Space was 2003. Your more recently are my 20-30 year ago of how the mandate has progressed. and instead of being a balance, has gone Iger bonkers. Not overly reliant. Subjectively only at this point to where even the bears have to sing A Whole New World and Frozen songs.

The new hub concept was brought up pages ago as not being original. But if we are being fair, it is and I think your description is oversimplifying a bit. Concept art is just that, but now that we see fly overs and see what is going in, it is a bit more than you disingenuinely described. Not peak design, but certainly superior to Mickey Ave, or the EPCOT plaza redo. It has unique and detailed architecture throughout with scenic. It has a backstory of inspiration for the parks throughline.

And Disney has not built an original land or attraction since 2006 be it retheme or new build.
Besides Tiki Room, what near that scale or larger has been original in the states since Expedition Everest? I could be forgetting something, but is totally that dire to where we can realistically say they are not doing an original IP-less land, that would even be on Celestial Gardens scale.

Universal has, for better or for worse, built original attractions and lands since Disney stateside and some overseas.
I think this is going a little too far down yet another Disney vs. Universal debate when the point is reactions to the new Country Bears Jamboree show.

My overriding point here was just that it is hard not to eye roll a little when people are very quick to appear on WDW threads and bash Disney for doing very similar if not more or less the same things for which they praise Universal. That's not to say one is inherently better than the other, it's just to say that if you think reliance on established IPs for new lands and attractions is negative when it happens at Disney, it doesn't make much sense to gush over Universal when they do the same thing. Personally, I think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest Celestial Park somehow means a park comprised of a How to Train Your Dragon land, Harry Potter land, Super Nintendo land, and Universal Classic Monsters land is not just as dominated by IP if not more so than any new park Disney has built perhaps ever.

As for this show, I go back to what I said earlier in that I understand both why some people find it overall positive in meaning the bears retain a presence in the park and why others feel it would be better just to have closed it all together. What I am most curious about is how audiences respond to this and also the extent to which audiences now want and expect IP. I suspect the answer to that last question is less than Disney (and Universal) are giving us, but probably more than most fans would like to believe. I also like the old CBJ, but I would be interested to know what kind of feedback they were getting from guests on the show.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

This has me reevaluating if I should stop immediately laughing out the room any source that tells me "Inside Out/Figment crossover ride"....
I've actually had a dream in which Inside Out was shoehorned into Journey Into Imagination. Figment and Dr. Nigel Channing were still there, but they were joined by Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong. And Joy was the one messing with Dr. Channing.

bwr827

I've actually had a dream in which Inside Out was shoehorned into Journey Into Imagination.
As someone with zero attachment to Figment, whenever I see these comments I think, “I hope they don’t mess up an Inside Out attraction by cramming that Figment Dragon into it.”

Re: IP argument and people praising Universal while knocking Disney:

I assume it’s because on this forum the heart/connection/nostalgia is for classic Disney parks. Expectations are simply much higher.

J.E.Smith

One of the D23 showings with the Imgaineers behind the show is up:

They mention that one of the reasons behind using Disney songs was they felt actual country songs wouldn't appeal to everyone like people up north. They also said the reason they picked Kiss The Girl for Romeo was because of his huge lips and a kissing song would be perfect for him.

Brian

They mention that one of the reasons behind using Disney songs was they felt actual country songs wouldn't appeal to everyone like people up north. They also said the reason they picked Kiss The Girl for Romeo was because of his huge lips and a kissing song would be perfect for him.

I wonder if they've ever stepped foot 'up north'?

Sneakman

Ok yeah I kinda get the Romeo gag, if it was written better. Maybe one of the heads say “hey, you can kiss Romeo, but you better be careful not to get sucked in”

Epcot81Fan

Then they are idiots.

celluloid

Watching these things is cringe.
There are behind the scenes, and then there is justifying and explaining your jokes.

Explaining a joke is like disecting a frog.
you may learn how it was supposed to work by ripping it apart;
But It is bad for the frog.

And their BS justification with no basis sure sounds inclusive doesn't it folks?

TrainsOfDisney

Watching these things is cringe.
There are behind the scenes, and then there is justifying and explaining your jokes.
I’ll never forget a Destination D23 event where Tony Baxter finished an incredible presentation on the proposed Hyperion area for Disneyland - and then the current imagineers came up and explained how great the design was for 7 dwarves mine train because they “watched and recreated” parts of the film.

Animaniac93-98

They mention that one of the reasons behind using Disney songs was they felt actual country songs wouldn't appeal to everyone like people up north.

There's country music in the great white north too

WorldExplorer

It's still called Country Bear (Musical) Jamboree. So, what, it's supposed to appeal to people who don't like country music, but are still open to trying out a country music show, but want songs that aren't country, but are okay with songs in the style of country?

I would call that a significantly more niche group than just people who like country music.

(I know, they just mean "people don't already know the lyrics to country songs and hearing new things at Disney is suddenly an issue".)

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's what the northern states say about that to this Imagineer..
940.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom