News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney may chose not to reveal the playlist until the day it opens for previews, or only a few days in advance.

That's a perfectly ordinary choice for an entertainment company to make. E.g. sometime we get the full soundtrack to a theatrical movie before it's released, and sometimes we don't.

No news now is not a sign of... anything really.

C33Mom

Disney may chose not to reveal the playlist until the day it opens for previews, or only a few days in advance.

That's a perfectly ordinary choice for an entertainment company to make. E.g. sometime we get the full soundtrack to a theatrical movie before it's released, and sometimes we don't.

I accept that and was not trying to draw any conclusions from that. I actually understand why they might want to save the “surprise” of how much OG CBJ content is coming back for the very first show…I’m simply curious and extremely impatient.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well during the final night for the original CBJ the CMs in the lobby had to call him Romeo already. During the breakdown and the CMs were trying to keep the guest entertained with CBJ trivia when she asked about "who's the bear with the huge lips?" and people were shouting "Liver Lips" she had to say that it was Romeo now.
It's going to be even more confusing when they do M&G's in Disneyland will he still be Liver Lips or Romeo..

Ice Gator

Well during the final night for the original CBJ the CMs in the lobby had to call him Romeo already. During the breakdown and the CMs were trying to keep the guest entertained with CBJ trivia when she asked about "who's the bear with the huge lips?" and people were shouting "Liver Lips" she had to say that it was Romeo now.
Dee: I remember you! You're Dingbat Duck!

Dingbat: Actually it's DAPPER Duck now! 😌

Dee and Frank: 😒🤔

Sir_Cliff

I must say, beyond its history, Liver Lips is kind of off-putting as a name! I'm rather scrub the idea of thinking of anyone's lips as being like liver out of my mind than hang onto that name for this character.

Last edited:

Preemiemama

Is there a possibility of previews? Asking since I will be there in a little over a week, and the 17th is the day I leave... hoping to maybe have a chance at a preview.

etc98

I had this really strange dream the other night that they introduced ads for the Disney + & Hulu bundle on a projector screen between songs & the whole thing was a complete dumpster fire💀

That’s it, had to share it here because it left me with a real bizarre feeling the next morning
Ha! I had a dream that it opened and they had replaced every single animatronic with screens. We might be spending too much time on these forums lol

Sir_Cliff

Agreed. Walt Disney Imagineers and the Muppets both really understood “irreverent family entertainment” - I remember trying to explain the Citizens of Hollywood to friends and I called it “family friendly shock comedy”
Yes, the Muppets in their prime is a good analogy. Lines like the Li-bear-ace one in classic Disney attractions had a special gift of catching you off guard, which The Muppets were also great at.

C33Mom

I bet its just a quick montage of them and not the full song.
Were any of them full songs before? Blood on the Saddle feels long to me because (unlike my children) I don’t enjoy it— but I would be genuinely surprised if many of the songs were longer than 1-2 minutes during the pre-closure version.

zipadee999

Were any of them full songs before? Blood on the Saddle feels long to me because (unlike my children) I don’t enjoy it— but I would be genuinely surprised if many of the songs were longer than 1-2 minutes during the pre-closure version.
No, most of them were condensed versions of preexisting songs which maintained only a verse and a chorus. Most were probably right around a minute in length, some maybe even less. The only ‘long’ song I can think of was Bear Band Serenade when you count the original piano intro. Trixie’s song seemed on the slightly longer side as well as Ernest’s (mainly because of the fiddle intro), but none of the bears were singing two and a half minute country songs ripped straight from albums

C33Mom

No, most of them were condensed versions of preexisting songs which maintained only a verse and a chorus. Most were probably right around a minute in length, some maybe even less. The only ‘long’ song I can think of was Bear Band Serenade when you count the original piano intro. Trixie’s song seemed on the slightly longer side as well as Ernest’s (mainly because of the fiddle intro), but none of the bears were singing two and a half minute country songs ripped straight from albums
That is consistent with my memory. The average song length in Tokyo for Vacation Hoedown is noticeably longer… I just can’t see how much more they could truncate at lot of the existing songs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom