News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

C33Mom

Who do I have to write/threaten to get a churro scented bear (stuffed, real, edible, IDC)? I’ll even settle for a bear-shaped churro.

Gonna pass on the bear-scented churro though. 🤢

I don’t remember any music from Zootopia but Try Everything was featured heavily in Disneyland Paris for their 30th a couple years ago…would have sworn I never heard it before and now consider it a “Disney Parks classic.”

Musical Mermaid

If they don’t turn that portion of the shop across the way from Grizzly Hall into a store filled with CBJ merchandise (on the level of Tokyo Disneyland’s), they are missing out big time.

CBJ merch sells like hot cakes over in Tokyo.
My niece would've loved some. She has the pressed coins. Unfortunately, the little of what we've seen the past few years has been for adults.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
1000010051.jpg

While I think Whole New World is a weird choice for this, apparently it's popular with Astro and Oriole fans, who are voting in which song to hear in the 7th inning stretch during the Astros' princess Day...

the_rich

It's crazy to say but it looks like wdw is less complicated to book as well. You have to make multiple bookings if you want to spend more than two nights in a tokyo Disney hotel. And the packages each come with 3 day park tickets, so you wind up with more tickets than you need. You have to pre book ur fp and ur meals. To me it seems like more planning than wdw.

C33Mom

Now that we're closer to Musical Jamboree opening, I can't help but wonder how long this new show has bought the Bears. I highly doubt it'll last 50+ like the original, and the Disney songs have the chance of aging it faster than the old show.
The songs may age faster but the new technology will make it easier to change up songs going forward. Still hoping to get (most of?) the Summer Vacation Hoedown back at some point to goose attendance.

Best case is that the closure of the shooting gallery will convince CBJ fans (at least those of us who still like it with different music) to actually make time to enjoy it most trips so it doesn’t get turned into a VIP lounge.

Cmdr_Crimson

Now that we're closer to Musical Jamboree opening, I can't help but wonder how long this new show has bought the Bears. I highly doubt it'll last 50+ like the original, and the Disney songs have the chance of aging it faster than the old show.
I'd REALLY like to know if the renaming of Liverlips to Romeo McGrowl will be Canon throughout the Disneyparks where they still use the bears in M&G form. Will the CM's actually have to stop a guest calling by his former name due to the new show plus the adding of his new blonde hairdo if it's added to the walk-around down the way..
Screenshot-2023-09-09-at-1.49.53-PM.png

PizzaPlanet

Purists might make the argument that the original didn’t even make it that long, with the 2012 version being its own thing. Either way you’re probably right, but I wouldn’t mind them swapping out songs every 10-15 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom