News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Sneakman

I want Japan's Stitch tiki room SOOO bad it's unreal.

Stitch is like, currently the most popular character with no 'home' in WDW. Tiki Room is where he'd do the least damage. You'd even have the ability to do the normal show still!
I honestly am suspecting that if new country bears show does well enough, that Disney may look to do something similar like that to tiki room for MK. I’m pretty sure tiki room doesn’t draw crowds like dl at mk, right?

Brer Panther

my main concern is that Disney in recent years can't seem to figure out how to be funny that well. I think they will try to have humor here but that it will ultimately end up being less engaging than the original show. And, if I can be so bold, I think part of my concern is because Disney seems determined to make sure anything is as completely inoffensive as possible, but this can be detrimental for good humor.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got some meta humor. Not that I'd WANT it, I just wouldn't be surprised.

In regards to the most recent Disney attraction that actually has anything funny in it, I think that joke with the penguins in Finding Nemo: The Musical was hilarious.

"Wait a minute. We're penguins. We can't fly."
(Pause)
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
It depends on whether someone finds Mater and his antics funny.
I do.
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is also funny by nature.
I agree with this as well.
My issue with CBJ is that if they’ve done all this work to the AAs, does that mean we can get the Christmas show back?
They'd have to make a list of Christmas songs from Disney IP first. Probably something from Olaf's Frozen Adventure.

bmr1591

Now that Figment has a M&G, I wouldn’t be too surprised if Orange Bird was next. Obviously they’ll have to tease it at multiple D23 events first though.

I’m genuinely surprised they don’t rotate a M&G at EPCOT for every festival. Figment, Orange Bird, Remy, and Santa Goofy would be so appropriate during their respective festivals and would keep the M&G fresh. Figment never has a line now that the crazed locals finished their 4 hour waits on opening weekend.

Brer Oswald

Stitch is like, currently the most popular character with no 'home' in WDW. Tiki Room is where he'd do the least damage. You'd even have the ability to do the normal show still!
Disagree. I’d much rather they give him a dark ride in Tomorrowland. That land needs a solid C to D ticket dark ride.

Mireille

Premium Member

Apparently Stitch has a home at Typhoon Lagoon as he has replaced Lagoona Gator as the park mascot. I was there last year hoping to find a Lagoona Gator pin but they only had Typhoon Lagoon pins with Stitch on them.

Brer Oswald

That works also! I want something with Stitch. I just think if it came down to the wire of "remove tiki room or slap stitch in", I'd just do stitch to save the birds
I think, much like Tiana, it would be another case of not utilizing the IPs full potential. A dark ride where Stitch is helping captured aliens escape and they all have a party on Saturn? Now that would be amazing.

Moth

I think, much like Tiana, it would be another case of not utilizing the IPs full potential. A dark ride where Stitch is helping captured aliens escape and they all have a party on Saturn? Now that would be amazing.
I think an Astro Blasters reskin would also work. Help Stitch round up his roudy cousins and have a final fight against Leroy, Gantu and that rat I forgot the name of but distinctly remember

dreamfinding

I think an Astro Blasters reskin would also work. Help Stitch round up his roudy cousins and have a final fight against Leroy, Gantu and that rat I forgot the name of but distinctly remember
If a stitch reskin of Astro happened, what would you put in the space previously known as AE/SGE?

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Guests will be in for a knee-slappin’ good time when the reimagined Country Bear Musical Jamboree opens Wednesday, July 17, at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort. Inside the rustic Grizzly Hall, Audio-Animatronic® hillbilly bears will perform a medley of original and classic songs that, for the first time, includes a trio of countryfied Disney tunes.

The transformation of Country Bear Jamboree—one of the last attractions Walt Disney personally helped develop—was announced at Destination D23 in September 2023, and Disney Imagineers have been hard at work ever since to revitalize the attraction for guests.

“It was an honor to work on a show with such a legacy. It’s a show that means a lot to a lot of people, including myself,” said Jake Ellis, Principal Audio Media Designer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “One of the first memories I have at Walt Disney World was sitting on my mom’s lap in the back row at Grizzly Hall and watching the Country Bears perform.”

In approaching the refresh, Ellis went on, “We knew that we wanted to keep the ethos of the bears, but we also wanted to rethink the songs in a way that was more diverse and had multigenerational appeal. Where better to look than the Disney catalog for those songs?”

With that in mind, Disney Imagineers turned to a few country music stars, including Mac McAnally for “The Bare Necessities” from The Jungle Book, Emily Ann Roberts for “Try Everything” from Zootopia, and Allison Russel and Chris Thile for “A Whole New World” from Aladdin. The show will feature twangin’ interpretations of Disney songs in various genres of country music, including Americana, bluegrass, pop-country, rockabilly, and more.

Brett Swain, Director of Music Production, The Walt Disney Company, worked with each artist to reinterpret the songs. “He spun them up in this really fun way,” Ellis said. “I’m excited for my 3-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter to sit on my lap so I can introduce them to the Bears in their new form, and we’re excited for guests to experience the show.”

Roberts, who lends her vocals to Trixie St. Claire, shares his excitement.

“It’s so crazy seeing Trixie singing with my voice coming out,” Roberts said. “It’s something that I never, ever dreamed would be a reality in my life. And she just looks so cute! I could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out, and I’m so honored to be a part of it.”

Roberts’ rendition of “Try Everything” may sound different than the original recording, but its message remains the same. “Y’all can tell by the way I talk that I don’t sound anything like Shakira,” she said with a laugh. “When I was approached to record the song for Country Bear Musical Jamboree, I thought, ‘OK, we’re going to really have to put our East Tennessee into this.’ When I heard the new [country arrangement], it was so easy for me to get in the zone. I was so excited when I got into the studio and everybody told me to just sing it the way I would. I got to lean into my Appalachian and country music roots and just let her fly.”

“It’s been so neat being able to work with all these other incredible folks who are lending their voices and their talents to the Country Bear Musical Jamboree,” Roberts continued. “Everybody brings something different to the table, and that’s what makes it so cool. We have our own influences, and we’re all coming together to make something really special.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom