News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Figments Friend

Can’t remember if it has already been added to this thread,
But according to the official WDW times calendar the very last show of the current incarnation of ‘Country Bear Jamboree’ will be 9pm on Friday, January 26th.

So for any fans of the Bears that are going to be in the area that day, I recommend you get yourself there for the big send off!

-

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Went to the CBJ tonight at MK. Huge crowd, cheering, clapping, and loving the show. Lots of newbies among us seasoned CBJ fans. Everyone had a blast.

It stings so much that we’re losing this fantastic attraction to another generic Disney movie song singalong.
Went last night as well. Good to see people enjoying the show. Unfortunately there was a group with one kid acting line an idiot. Assuming the individual was attempting to impress someone in the group. .

J.E.Smith

Just realized if the bears are doing Disney songs then it makes CBJ a country Mickey Mouse Revue heh.

Also if they use Let It Go or something from Frozen I wonder if they still have the snowflake spotlight effects from the Christmas Special, they could recycle those for that.

But with Tiana moving in up the street, I guess we won't have anything from Princess and the Frog I bet.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just realized if the bears are doing Disney songs then it makes CBJ a country Mickey Mouse Revue heh.

Also if they use Let It Go or something from Frozen I wonder if they still have the snowflake spotlight effects from the Christmas Special, they could recycle those for that.

But with Tiana moving in up the street, I guess we won't have anything from Princess and the Frog I bet.
the-country-bears-zeb-zoober.gif

Animaniac93-98

Was there a licensing fee (beyond the initial development) to use the songs in Vacation Hoedown?

If so, that may be more of the reason why Disney wants to use their own music for this version.

PiratesMansion

There's a decent chance that if you're cheering for this version to come to be, they WILL find whatever song you find most annoying/overplayed/whatever and put it in the show.

You know how Disney, despite having an enormous catalog of iconic songs at their disposal, seems to only be capable of remembering like eight songs at a time, and plays those songs incessantly at the expense of everything else for a long period of time? That's very, very likely to be in effect here too, no matter how many Nashville people they allegedly consult with.

Just hoping that everyone's keeping realistic expectations for what's likely coming.

Last edited:

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
There's a decent chance that if you're cheering for this version to come to be, they WILL find whatever song you find most annoying/overplayed/whatever and put it in the show.

You know how Disney seems to only be capable of remembering like eight songs at a time and plays those songs incessantly for a period of time? That's very, very likely to be in effect here too, no matter how many Nashville people they allegedly consult with.

Just hoping that everyone's keeping realistic expectations for what's likely coming.
Don't worry, my expectations for this are firmly in the toilet.

The only saving grace is the preservation of the animatronics.

And the chance that the original show could someday, theoretically come back.

ToTBellHop

You know how Disney, despite having an enormous catalog of iconic songs at their disposal, seems to only be capable of remembering like eight songs at a time, and plays those songs incessantly at the expense of everything else for a long period of time? That's very, very likely to be in effect here too, no matter how many Nashville people they allegedly consult with.

I don’t know, HEA has and Harm had some surprising choices.

TomboyJanet

Don't worry, my expectations for this are firmly in the toilet.

The only saving grace is the preservation of the animatronics.

And the chance that the original show could someday, theoretically come back.
That was my thought for the animatronics. I feel like a more intelligent leadership will realize nostalgia sells and destroying childhood mainstays cuts crowds down, as parents wont bother taking their children if they can't enjoy it with them. They will just take the kids to Universal. Especially because I don't know anyone who's kids are enamored with Wish, Elemental, or Strange World or whatever it was called, those seem to be the home on the range and chicken little of today.

In Fact I forgot Elemental even existed until I thought about it just now.

What Disney needs to do is go back to making the parks content generators themselves, having park exclusive ip, and not making movies about it. So they should have written original songs for this show, which is what they would have done if they still had a single creative bone left in their array of "talent".

That Being said, This is way better than another toy story attraction. I mean we already have Buzz in the park. Then Toy Story Land in DHS, and there's the hotel. Its oversaturation.

TomboyJanet

Can’t remember if it has already been added to this thread,
But according to the official WDW times calendar the very last show of the current incarnation of ‘Country Bear Jamboree’ will be 9pm on Friday, January 26th.

So for any fans of the Bears that are going to be in the area that day, I recommend you get yourself there for the big send off!

-
Well now there is absolutely no reason to go to Disney World This Year, Back to LA with me! If I went to Disney World Now I'd just go ride Avatar rides and Dinosaur and Tower and stuff. I'd probably cut down the time to five days instead of 9-10 as usual. In that case I'd focus more on Animal Kingdom and DHS, with trips to tomorrowland and spaceship Earth/The Land interspliced with park hopper. There would be little point in hanging out in frontierland other than Thunder Mt, and practically everything else I could do in Cali. I'd ride Jungle cruise because of the temple, The people Mover, and Space Mountain because despite the stupid roof on the queue line there is little that has changed since I was a kid. And of Course Carousel. But All That can be done relatively quick. But every trip to Florida becomes more expensive somehow than the trip to LA despite the closer distance. I don't really get it.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

I don’t know, HEA has and Harm had some surprising choices.
The list is always changing, but one show's surprising choice often tends to become another show's "ugh, this song again?"

I'm not as familiar with Harmonius (though looking at the playlist I still see a lot of the same songs showing up), so just focusing on HEA alone: there are plenty of songs in that show that were already comfortably familiar to anyone paying attention to Disney nighttime spectaculars or other entertainment ("Friend Like Me", "Out There," "I See the Light", "You Can Fly," etc), and songs that were more obscure and couldn't be seen as overused at the time but are now ubiquitous ("Go the Distance," "How Far I'll Go", etc). Even some things that may not be seen as outright being fleeced on park guests at every opportunity still show up more than is seemingly justified given the number of songs at Disney's disposal and the actual popularity of the film it's from ("Touch the Sky").

I'm just not that convinced that either show, based either on my experiences seeing one show in person or by glancing at a playlist of songs featured for the other one on the internet, really disproves the argument that Disney clings to the same songs for a long cycle before slowly cycling out individual tunes when they can be replaced by the next ubiquitous overplayed song.

PiratesMansion

Aaaaannnnnnnndddddd there's Exhibit A.

Yes, it's a good song, yes, this was a pre-existing TikTok that had some buzz behind it, so Disney hopped on the bandwagon and shared it. But would they share it if their direction of the new show was wildly different and at odds with such a video? They likely wouldn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom