News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

ToTBellHop

I think, for me, while CBJ was never a favorite, what I DID like was the bears themselves. And they’re staying. Such classics as “Mama Don’t Whip Little Buford” and “All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down” never did much for me as a kid and, as an adult, my willingness to laugh at either are basically because I think they don’t belong in Frontierland or Magic Kingdom or Disney World and I am thinking, “are they really doing this?”

So I’m happy to keep the bears but change the act. But, I do understand it’s not that simple for the long-term fans.

KDM31091

So far this reminds me of Harmonious. Take a coherent experience that worked together to make you feel something (in Country Bears' case, a sense of quirky humor and endearment) and replace it with a novelty CD that amounts to nothing.
This is my issue with it. Just feels like a CD of Disney songs with no cohesive theme. We will see, maybe they will find a way to tie it together and make it work, but honestly, I’m not too optimistic about this one so far

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I just listened to "Try Everything", and I really don't think it fits the Country Bear Jamboree. It literally just sounds like the version from Zootopia with more banjos.
Agreed. Good song, but a karaoke cover. Too similar to Shakira's original sound. Might would have worked better sung by a male performer to differentiate and of course made more country with better instrumental accompaniment, change in tempo, subtle lyric changes, etc. Even for a "Country Pop" sound it doesn't quite work. Not enough twang for the CBs.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I had to skip from page 81 to 86. The whining, gnashing of teeth, amateur criticism, and lack of imagination in the comments are nauseating.

I enjoy the Country Bears (some bits more than others.) I’m sure I’ll enjoy the new iteration, some bits more than others.

God help me if I ever get this upset over a theme park attraction bear-ly changing.

It is “a whole new World.” Get used to it. Or don’t. Start a WDWnomagic subforum where folks can let their inner children act out.

DisCOT_97

I had to skip from page 81 to 86. The whining, gnashing of teeth, amateur criticism, and lack of imagination in the comments are nauseating.

I enjoy the Country Bears (some bits more than others.) I’m sure I’ll enjoy the new iteration, some bits more than others.

God help me if I ever get this upset over a theme park attraction bear-ly changing.

It is “a whole new World.” Get used to it. Or don’t. Start a WDWnomagic subforum where folks can let their inner children act out.
The only reason people are whining is cause management doesn’t seem to care or respect original attractions…they only care about what they can sell to streaming subscribers. And that’s sad for fans of these Walt-era attractions. Not to mention these songs have no rhyme or reason being selected. It’s practically like every fireworks show they’ve done in the past couple years but with bears…

celluloid

The Splash Mountain music was changed between the DL build and ours to “feel” like Frontierland even though it’s set in (I believe) Georgia.

It fit fine as a transition to the south Appalachians, which is what it is based on and where the film's stories mostly take place. Hence the heavy Banjos and Harmonica. Definitely a southeastern music. It fit. It was not a forced to fit a location change. It was a more accurate intentional goal when it came to WDW.

Frontierland was not a West Coast thing. It had Western Elements, but also plenty of Eastern.

seabreezept813

It is fascinating how other people can have different views of things (and even approach something from an entirely different angle).

For me, WDW is still an escape. I try to ignore the little things. If I was as unhappy as some around here, I would not be spending 10s of thousands of dollars a year to see Mickey Mouse. There are other places on earth.
Also the negativity doesn’t help anything. I’m a huge splash fan and thinking about the scenes they just showed of Tiana I felt unemotional whereas splash even just a clip of any of the music and I feel the emotion. But that’s because I have years of memories tied to that ride. And when I experience Tiana with my kids when they’re brave enough and tall enough I could maybe form that emotion as we built memories. Sometimes I think people overhype things just because they have such a strong nostalgic pull to it. I have memories of the country bears, but it’s so campy dated. Even in recent years they definitely sped up the show and seemed to self-acknowledge that it wasn’t popular. Why wouldn’t one hope that the new show is fresh and brings some life to it.

Tony the Tigger

The only reason people are whining is cause management doesn’t seem to care or respect original attractions…they only care about what they can sell to streaming subscribers
That’s not a reason; it’s a distortion, and it’s nonsense.

It’s time to grow up and realize businesses have to prioritize profits, and especially today, in a different way than in 1955.

Another company would pay to use a Disney song if they could afford it, but Disney shouldn’t use it because they already thought of it 30 years ago?

1. Singing bears aren’t real.
2. Country bears don’t have a different accent.
3. If they use their imaginations, anything can work. And they do this for a living (usually resulting in long lines) so how about give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to experience the attraction in its entirety before making wildly baseless assertions with limited creativity?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Look, people can have opinions. From some of the comments here it sounds like people wouldn't mind if negativity got banned.

To say "grow up" to people posting on a theme park forum seems a bit strange. We're all here to talk about Disney. How disinteresting it would be if everyone agreed on everything.

That's why I wish people had more flexibility and openness in reading other people's thoughts here. This is not the battlefield for humanity that some people take it as...it's a theme park forum. Let me say what I want to say. I never begrudge other people's opinions, but other people begrudge mine all the time.

The Country Bears have a special place in some people's hearts. It's perfectly natural that they would be reacting negatively to what has been released so far. AND it's perfectly ok. People disliking what they see and talking about it doesn't affect anyone else's wellbeing. And frankly, if your wellbeing is defined by what you read on this forum, well, maybe take up a hobby. Go outside for a while.

_caleb

Look, people can have opinions. From some of the comments here it sounds like people wouldn't mind if negativity got banned.
I don’t want negativity to be banned.
To say "grow up" to people posting on a theme park forum seems a bit strange. We're all here to talk about Disney. How disinteresting it would be if everyone agreed on everything.
I don’t want everyone to agree on everything.
That's why I wish people had more flexibility and openness in reading other people's thoughts here. This is not the battlefield for humanity that some people take it as...it's a theme park forum. Let me say what I want to say. I never begrudge other people's opinions, but other people begrudge mine all the time.
Growing up, my mother always used to tell us, “It’s not just what you say, but how you say it.”
The Country Bears have a special place in some people's hearts. It's perfectly natural that they would be reacting negatively to what has been released so far. AND it's perfectly ok. People disliking what they see and talking about it doesn't affect anyone else's wellbeing. And frankly, if your wellbeing is defined by what you read on this forum, well, maybe take up a hobby. Go outside for a while.
Nope, it doesn’t affect our wellbeing. It does affect my enjoyment of participating in the conversation here, though. I’m talking about those who post (repeatedly) about how they dislike every little thing announced about something and proclaim it all an abject failure when the thing is still under construction.

wdrive

I’m talking about those who post (repeatedly) about how they dislike every little thing announced about something and proclaim it all an abject failure when the thing is still under construction.

Like it or not they’re allowed to dislike everything and talked about it on a discussion forum. Block them if it’s causing you so much distress.

_caleb

Like it or not they’re allowed to dislike everything and talked about it on a discussion forum. Block them if it’s causing you so much distress.
Of course they’re allowed! I wouldn’t say it’s causing me distress. Just that it takes some of the fun out of things for me.

Also, some of the people who post a bunch of poopy-pants posts also post really thoughtful, interesting, and engaging stuff that I wouldn’t want to miss.

I’m not looking to control anyone here, maybe just asking for a little bit of consideration for the fact that we’re all real people and here to chat about things we enjoy?

wdrive

Of course they’re allowed! I wouldn’t say it’s causing me distress. Just that it takes some of the fun out of things for me.

Also, some of the people who post a bunch of poopy-pants posts also post really thoughtful, interesting, and engaging stuff that I wouldn’t want to miss.

I’m not looking to control anyone here, maybe just asking for a little bit of consideration for the fact that we’re all real people and here to chat about things we enjoy?

That’s not a discussion forum unfortunately, people will want to talk about the bad as well. It’s a shame you don’t like every post but that’s just the nature of talking to strangers on the internet.

Coming along and telling people to stop saying negative things about something they don’t like in the correct space on an online discussion forum is uncalled for. It’s not your personal space unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom