News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why are the bears singing these songs? Where are we? When are we? The old show was celebrating "a bit of Americana, our musical heritage" and it felt like it had a purpose. Yes, I know the songs weren't traditional folk songs, but it still felt authentic to me. The bears were putting on a coherent show.

Now we're celebrating, what? Disney? It just sucks the charm out of the attraction. Or to put it more succinctly, it just sucks.
Why were the bears singing Country songs from the 1950s and 60s? What was going on, a musical revue? Why were they stuck in the mid-20th Century in a land that's supposed to be early 19th Century? What was so "Americana" about blood on a saddle or all the women being man-hungry?

TalkingHead

Why were the bears singing Country songs from the 1950s and 60s? What was going on, a musical revue? Why were they stuck in the mid-20th Century in a land that's supposed to be early 19th Century? What was so "Americana" about blood on a saddle or all the women being man-hungry?
Because that was before Disney decided to become an IP lifestyle brand. Y’know, back when the company was still capable of surprising the customer with something that wasn’t self-referential corporate junk.

Consumer

I don't like it, but I don't care that they're putting "A Whole New World" into the show. What I do care about is how the voice for Teddi isn't even a country artist. I don't like "Try Everything," but I love Emily Ann Roberts so I'm happy to overlook its inclusion because I know she'll provide a wonderful and truly country cover of the song.

Comped

Since Dolly is out, Reba could have made sense if Disney wanted a big name to draw in the crowds (or to make it more credible), but I don't think this show had that sort of money in the budget.

Consumer

William Michael Morgan and Kylie Frey just dropped this fantastic cover of Lorette Lynn and Conway Twitty's "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man." These are two voices that I'd love to hear duet in the Country Bear Jamboree.

The Leader of the Club

I guess I’m confused on what exactly the storyline will be, if it’s just going to be a mishmash of IP songs. Even if done in a country style, it still doesn’t seem like it will be much of a coherent story or theme. Not that today’s Disney cares though.
The storyline is “animatronic bears singing country songs” which is the same story that it’s had since 1971.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Didn't they say some of the songs were staying? Did they say which ones? If they didn't what do we think is staying? I'm guessing Davy Crockett Stayed.

KDM31091

Because that was before Disney decided to become an IP lifestyle brand. Y’know, back when the company was still capable of surprising the customer with something that wasn’t self-referential corporate junk.
Exactly. Just another commercial for Disney films. Yes I understand marketing, and yes it has a place. But it is relentless at this point. What’s so wrong with some original stories/ songs?

KDM31091

I honestly love how that version of “Try Everything” sounds.

It doesn’t really offend me that bears who sang covers of actual songs for 50 years will be singing covers of actual songs.

I’m sure this will end up very popular. Maybe “A Whole New World” will work in the actual show.
It’s not even that I’m saying it sounds bad. It actually sounds really good. My question is how they will work this into a cohesive attraction, but we will see

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom