News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I could hear that. Just doesn’t have to be only “Disney” songs. I think she understands the heritage of the stage when she stands in the Opry circle. I was listening on WSM online the night she debuted and sang that song about a girl going nowhere. You could feel her pride AND humility when the song got to the part about the band coming in… which it did, with the audience applauding. She gets it. I just think the show does best without being total “Disney,” but rather an homage to the folk songs and Western medicine shows upon which it is based.
I agree. I think making it all a revamp of Disney songs ignores the history and value of CBJ as an original show (as many have illustrated earlier in the thread, far better than I could). Ultimately, I hope whatever they decide to do with the new show has more than a few one-liners harkening back to the original. I'm not nearly as attached to "Blood in the Saddle" as some of y'all, but I don't scorn your wish to see it remain. ;)

celluloid

The fact that they are having this open in 2024 right near the biggest change to Frontierland since Splash Mountain opened tells you how confident one should be that Tiana's ride will be open on time.

The Colonel

Dancing Bears Jamboree introducing Owsley Bear -complimentary Kool-aid served (running time 3 hours give or take)

J0tRFbFt.jpg

prberk

I agree. I think making it all a revamp of Disney songs ignores the history and value of CBJ as an original show (as many have illustrated earlier in the thread, far better than I could). Ultimately, I hope whatever they decide to do with the new show has more than a few one-liners harkening back to the original. I'm not nearly as attached to "Blood in the Saddle" as some of y'all, but I don't scorn your wish to see it remain. ;)
For those who don’t know, the “murder ballad” was a big thing among Western songs also, not to mention alcohol. And it was an understood part of the show. And yes, even children could understand that … at least in the way it is presented here, as a farce.

So, once again more proof that the original was well-researched and paid homage to the genre from a knowing perspective.

celluloid

For those who don’t know, the “murder ballad” was a big thing among Western songs also, not to mention alcohol. And it was an understood part of the show. And yes, even children could understand that … at least in the way it is presented here, as a farce.

So, once again more proof that the original was well-researched and paid homage to the genre from a knowing perspective.

And to the point where it became the joke of the show that even the cast pulled a move to drown it out with positivity as he kept wanting to play it.

Brilliant writing you just rarely see anymore.

Roger_the_pianist

I thought it was just one the bears from the show out and about in Frontierland.

Kinda like when the animatronics at Itchy and Scratchy Land turned against the humans 😛

sedati

There was a downpour lasting several hours during our recent Magic Kingdom trip. We made it in to a completely full showing of the Tiki Room, and then a nearly empty showing of Country Bears. Most outdoor attractions had been shut down. People were standing under every awning. The line for Mansion was 45 minutes and exceeded the covered queue. As we exited and made a dash to Small World, we saw a cast member trying to coax those in the waiting area to come in for the next show with most content to stay put. A similar scene played out in Tomorrowland where the line for the People Mover extended out into the rain but we went in to a barren showing of Carousel of Progress.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I do hope there is more merch for CBJ after this opens..I'm Surprise their hasn't been an uptick on the overpriced 3rd party items like spirit jerseys, loungefly and whatever they like to overprice with merch now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

J.E.Smith

I do hope there is more merch for CBJ after this opens..I'm Surprise their hasn't been an uptick on the overpriced 3rd party items like spirit jerseys, loungefly and whatever they like to overprice with merch now.
Especially since over in Tokyo, the bears have gotten more merch than they have had in WDW in years, such as all the plushes and the dinnerware set. I also like how Tokyo has their own unique art of the bears instead of just reusing the Marc Davis art like WDW often does.

1695750843815.png

Cmdr_Crimson

Did anyone EVER see Vacation Hoedown? That was so family friendly it should have been brought back like they did in Tokyo.

PiratesMansion

Did anyone EVER see Vacation Hoedown? That was so family friendly it should have been brought back like they did in Tokyo.

But it's not as good of a show, and WDW guests rejected it when it came out originally. The original show was back in Florida not that long after VH was introduced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom