News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

TrainsOfDisney

That's way more fog than the fiddle has produced in any showing I've seen. So, my guess is the machine is malfunctioning and producing too much, causing a show stop out of caution.
There are multiple types of theatrical fog machines but most of them heat a fluid that is held in the machine until released. If too much builds up, it will automatically release to keep from damaging the machine.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Buford is a 23 year old man that just graduated third grade and is a menace to society.

The problem is that the show doesn't have that context, the audience is going in without all the information. I personally have no issue with the song, even with how it is in the show- I think the punchline is a great example of dark humor that's funny. But some people find jokes about shooting kids tasteless in the modern age. Blame the NRA for losing Little Buford, lol!

Okay, here’s a Country Bear related discussion point: if they rumors of the bears returning to California at Grizzly Peak were true, is there anything you would change about the layout of the show, whether it be the queue, theater, or exit?

Personally, I would take inspiration more from Tokyo- design the lobby to be the same, with lots of photos of the bears touring the world. Add in the display cases from Florida, but with a bit more about their history as a whole instead of just things related to the current show. For the theater, I would try to redesign the layout of the stage to allow for Trixie and Ernest to join the finale- surely it could be done. Maybe make the center stage larger and add a few bears there to rise up instead of being behind curtains? Trixie for example would fit way better if she were positioned behind the Sun Bonnets (at least for CBMJ), and then you could put Ernest or Shaker on the left, behind Gomer. That way every bear in the show is present for the finale, giving the new theater something unique from the others. Then have the exit be Tokyo’s, with stage doors for all the bears (including the ones that Tokyo didn’t give doors, like Wendell and Romeo). I’d still keep it one theater since I don’t see a world where two theaters are ever needed.

I'd love to hear what you guys would do to change it up!

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

I don't have any insider information, but I feel pretty confident that they aren't going to add the Country Bears to DCA or any other park. This new version at MK was ostensibly a way to make it remain viable, not a renewed confidence in the Country Bears as a headliner attraction. They already closed them down once at DLR, so other than a few easter egg-type references here and there, I wouldn't expect them to suddenly decide it was a terrible mistake to close the attraction and a new vision needs to be rebuilt at DCA.

lazyboy97o

I don't think the show was changed for being offensive (outside of Liver Lip's name), I think it was just because it wasn't carrying its weight with eating up guests. It was always a walk-in every time I saw it towards the end.
Being a walk in is exactly what you want of a continuously running show. By its very nature it cannot eat guests.

Being a walk in is exactly what you want of a continuously running show. By its very nature it cannot eat guests.
I should've added the theater was always pretty empty, too. On the bright side, it made it super easy to sit right in the center of a row. The idea of a theater show eating guests is always having at least somewhat of a wait/packed theater, meaning less guests are flooding lines of the other attractions. But if no one is going to see the CBJ, then they're standing in line somewhere else, making the lines longer.

I don't have any insider information, but I feel pretty confident that they aren't going to add the Country Bears to DCA or any other park. This new version at MK was ostensibly a way to make it remain viable, not a renewed confidence in the Country Bears as a headliner attraction. They already closed them down once at DLR, so other than a few easter egg-type references here and there, I wouldn't expect them to suddenly decide it was a terrible mistake to close the attraction and a new vision needs to be rebuilt at DCA.
Yeah, realistically I don't see it either, but the rumor mill sure seems focused on it right now. It's fun to at least come up with a "perfected" version of the CBJ and its theater!

lazyboy97o

I should've added the theater was always pretty empty, too. On the bright side, it made it super easy to sit right in the center of a row. The idea of a theater show eating guests is always having at least somewhat of a wait/packed theater, meaning less guests are flooding lines of the other attractions. But if no one is going to see the CBJ, then they're standing in line somewhere else, making the lines longer.
People waiting for the next show is “somewhat of a wait.” A packed show isn’t ideal because it slows down cycle times.

Even being operated at peak efficiency the theater lacks the capacity to make any meaningful impact on the park as a whole. What it can do though is provide a quick additional attraction that increases the attractions per day of guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom