News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

celluloid

Yes. They designed a park with an entrance/exit hub land Mickey Avenue. An IP influence take and the first castle hub park without a Main Street. 2016. So we have our answer. The company in this tomeframehas not bee the company thst would perhaps in the future they could go back to in house creations of that level, but that time is not now nor the last decad le and a half.

The Leader of the Club

Yes. They designed a park with an entrance/exit hub land Mickey Avenue. An IP influence take and the first castle hub park without a Main Street. 2016. So we have our answer. The company in this tomeframehas not bee the company thst would perhaps in the future they could go back to in house creations of that level, but that time is not now nor the last decad le and a half.
That park also featured one of Disney’s most recent non-IP attractions (Roaring Rapids).

J.E.Smith

I think part of my bias for me liking what they did to plussing the bears is they actually did some of the things on ,my wish list. I was always jealous of Tokyo having all the cool extra art and display cases showing the bears' history, and it took till now but I finally got that here. I love how they finally acknowledge the "Ursus H. Bear founding Grizzly Hall" backstory in the attraction itself with the new newspaper in the lobby showing the theater's opening in the 1898.

celluloid

That park also featured one of Disney’s most recent non-IP attractions (Roaring Rapids).
This is true, but was not what was asked. It was said if Disney made a new park their hub would be IP free in name and basis. This is demonstrably not true for the company as heir most recent park has a hub and it went against the most famous original hub to just flat out go with Mickey Avenue.

celluloid

I think part of my bias for me liking what they did to plussing the bears is they actually did some of the things on ,my wish list. I always jealous of Tokyo having all the cool extra art and display cases showing the bears' history, and it took till now but I finally got that here. I love how they finally acknowledge the "Ursus H. Bear founding Grizzly Hall" backstory in the attraction itself with the new newspaper in the lobby showing the theater's opening in the 1898.
Without a doubt the best plussing part of this. Not even close to Tokyo's still, but a lot less space.

Consumer

It's been a couple days now and I finally have a chance to sit and write a little bit more of what I think.

The big issue I have with some of the songs, notably "A Whole New World," "Kiss the Girl," and "Fixer Upper," is that they're impossible to divorce from their source material. These are songs that move the narrative of a larger story. Comparatively, "Remember Me," although a very emotional moment in the film, is still just a song, making it a great fit for the show. If I were tasked to create a set list for a show using only Disney music, here's my suggestion...

1. "Country Bear Musical Jamboree" - Five Bear Rugs
2. "Pecos Bill" - Wendell
3. "That's How You Know" - Trixie
4. "I've Got a Dream" - Liver Lips McGrowl
5. "Little Patch of Heaven" - Sunbonnet Trio
6. "Bare Necessities" - Five Bear Rugs
7. "Old Yeller" - Terrence, with a dog companion
8. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" - Ernest
9. "Baby Mine" - Teddi Barra
10. "Remember Me" - Big Al
11. "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Henry and Sammy
12. "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" - Finale

I acknowledge the majority of these are not well known Disney songs, but I think that's what helps sell them as something more than being just a Disney juke box musical show. I did my best to match the songs with their characters, such as Liver Lips singing the second verse of "I've Got a Dream". I also tried to think of songs that I knew would translate well to country, such as "Baby Mine" with Allison Krauss' beautiful cover, or had a country or western origin, such as "Old Yeller." A few other songs I considered, "Blue Shadows on the Trail," for Wendell, "There's a Rumbly in my Tumbly," for Trixie, "Oo-De-Lally" for Terrence, and "Davy Crockett," for Henry and Sammy.

Overall, I really don't think the show is that bad. It's clear the Imagineers behind this did put care and love into this overlay (though I don't enjoy the carry over from the original show, such as Terrence's bongos or "Come Again"). I'm happy the bears are here to stay, that they've received an upgrade, and I do think this is better than the butchered show that's been around for the past decade. If I have to rank them, then this falls just under Christmas Special but tied with Vacation Hoedown (though not as good as Tokyo's Vacation Hoedown).

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's been a couple days now and I finally have a chance to sit and write a little bit more of what I think.

The big issue I have with some of the songs, notably "A Whole New World," "Kiss the Girl," and "Fixer Upper," is that they're impossible to divorce from their source material. These are songs that move the narrative of a larger story. Comparatively, "Remember Me," although a very emotional moment in the film, is still just a song, making it a great fit for the show. If I were tasked to create a set list for a show using only Disney music, here's my suggestion...

I acknowledge the majority of these are not well known Disney songs, but I think that's what helps sell them as something more than being just a Disney juke box musical show. I did my best to match the songs with their characters, such as Liver Lips singing the second verse of "I've Got a Dream". I also tried to think of songs that I knew would translate well to country, such as "Baby Mine" with Allison Krauss' beautiful cover, or had a country or western origin, such as "Old Yeller." A few other songs I considered, "Blue Shadows on the Trail," for Wendell, "There's a Rumbly in my Tumbly," for Trixie, "Oo-De-Lally" for Terrence, and "Davy Crockett," for Henry and Sammy.

Overall, I really don't think the show is that bad. It's clear the Imagineers behind this did put care and love into this overlay (though I don't enjoy the carry over from the original show, such as Terrence's bongos or "Come Again"). I'm happy the bears are here to stay, that they've received an upgrade, and I do think this is better than the butchered show that's been around for the past decade. If I have to rank them, then this falls just under Christmas Special but tied with Vacation Hoedown (though not as good as Tokyo's Vacation Hoedown).

Great observation of why those songs don’t work as well. I’d say Fixer Upper is the worst offender due to the cringey intro to the song. I can live with the other two even if they aren’t great either.

J.E.Smith

Another fine list. Although if Zip was still banned from being used, maybe keep Bear Necessities for the finale, and have the Bear Rugs do one of the songs from the Country Bears movie? Like maybe Let It Ride or I'm Only In It For The Honey (with Zeke dueling Zeb with his banjo against his fiddle instead of the guitar like in the film?)

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Honestly, maybe the reason I didn't hate this is because I fully expected it to be worse, especially after how bad most of Disney World's recent additions have been.
The big issue I have with some of the songs, notably "A Whole New World," "Kiss the Girl," and "Fixer Upper," is that they're impossible to divorce from their source material. These are songs that move the narrative of a larger story.
That's a very good point. I also think your song listing would've been a lot better. If not "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah", I would've had the finale be "Welcome" from Brother Bear. Seems fitting for the Country Bears.

zipadee999

Honestly, maybe the reason I didn't hate this is because I fully expected it to be worse, especially after how bad most of Disney World's recent additions have been.

That's a very good point. I also think your song listing would've been a lot better. If not "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah", I would've had the finale be "Welcome" from Brother Bear. Seems fitting for the Country Bears.
It almost seems like the imagineers were given a list of required songs from corporate and told ‘make these work.’ There are dozens of Disney songs which have a rustic, country feel and would’ve been no-brainers, but instead we’re stuck with pop songs awkwardly shoehorned. Some songs were very well done, but most of them feel like the imagineers were told to do their best with songs that clearly don’t represent the bears.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

I'd have Welcome as the opener. It's literally called Welcome, it's probably the worst possible song to end the show. Keep in mind when I say this that Welcome is my second-favorite song ever

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Just a reminder, people are defending a Country Bears show with “A Whole New World” in it.
For good reason- it isn't a bad show. I know you hate any change in the parks, ever, but it's a well-done show - fun, well-arranged music, retains the charm and humor, and best of all keeps the bears. It could be a whole lot worse, be grateful for what you have.

TrainsOfDisney

Just a reminder, people are defending a Country Bears show with “A Whole New World” in it.
Agreed - That is the worst song to me, it is too recognizable and doesn’t fit the style of the show. They also should have kept blood in the saddle - it was the most iconic song of the show and always got a laugh.

Moth

Agreed - That is the worst song to me, it is too recognizable and doesn’t fit the style of the show. They also should have kept blood in the saddle - it was the most iconic song of the show and always got a laugh.
Imo Ole Slew Foot always drew the biggest amount of attention with the whole audience joining in. I feel that song out of any others should've been preserved.

celluloid

It is astounding that the King of The Wild Frontier song is no longer in FRONTIERland show.
I guess the mention of an American hero, even in exaggerated legend amd one of th company's biggest of all time was not cool enough.
But it was perfectly in tone both in humor and theme of the show.

The intro saying anything about Americana is gone.

Last edited:

Moth

Attachments

• f7zdzr76h4zz.jpg
    f7zdzr76h4zz.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 20

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom