News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

WDWFREAK53

If you're thinking of the Swift song, there's rumors they wanted her to be in the show. I don't know how far it got but thank heavens she wasn't.
At least she was still "country" back when that song came out. Can't say it wouldn't be a popular add.
Certainly would hit better than Try Anything. Is a Shakira song better?

J.E.Smith

I wonder if my proposed joke from earlier in the thread about Big Al badly singing Let It Go, but it's about his wife running of with his dog and truck would have fit more than the short Remember Me bit we actually got.

("My wife ran off with my hound dawwwwwwg
And muh pick-up truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" as Al's head comedically shakes as he draws out that note)

At least that would have made Al more in line with the songs he did in the Christmas and Vacation shows.

Casper Gutman

I wonder if my proposed joke from earlier in the thread about Big Al badly singing Let It Go, but it's about his wife running of with his dog and truck would have fit more than the short Remember Me bit we actually got.

("My wife ran off with my hound dawwwwwwg
And muh pick-up truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" as Al's head comedically shakes as he draws out that note)

At least that would have made Al more in line with the songs he did in the Christmas and Vacation shows.
Having Al sing a genuinely moving, mournful song like Remember Me misses the point of both the song and the character.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I watched a couple videos on this and I like it. Country Bears was a one and done show for me, the music just didn't appeal to me. I think this keeps the spirit of the original attraction, but it adds music that more people will identify with so should attract more guests which is a win for the park.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not a main land now. OK.

It's not an outside IP driven theme park land though. Ha.That was the point anyway.
Disney would not do that these days.

As evident by them taking originals and putting outside movie studios IP in.
I disagree. I think Disney would make a non specific IP based entrance hub to a new park again.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Maybe the POVs I've watched make it hard to hear, but is there any set up to Big Al going "Oof!" and falling through the stage? The original worked because he was 'drunk' but it doesn't seem like the moonshine bottles are still around him. Maybe that's him dying of a broken heart at how sad Remember Me is?

Disney Analyst

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I really enjoyed the gag with Big Al blowing his nose in the curtains. I’m surprised to see modern Disney do a gross out gag like that!

I love how they programmed the triplets for when Big Al comes back at the very end, they are like "what the?!" and one even gestures to her sisters to look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom