News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Comped

The funniest thing is that Disney owns quite a bit of songs from Fox, and even licensed for decades songs that would fit better that it's used instrumentally throughout the parks. Songs from Oklahoma (which is technically a Disney film now) would fit, and there are many others Disney won't touch because of a lack of interest in anything that isn't from certain animated films sadly. There's an entire live action catalog that is only somewhat represented on Disney+ that was made by Disney in the first place after all...

Disney Analyst

I mean, I get it ... people on these boards want more original attractions, like the WDI of old. Alas, Disney does not seem to be heading in that direction, and that is likely something more on here need to accept. For all we know, in a decade it swings back, and we have more original stuff coming out in the parks.

But what I do often find amusing is the outcry on here when Disney uses some of the most beloved songs of ANY company. Songs that engage kids, bring nostalgia to various generations, and perhaps allows an old attraction to even continue to exist, which may otherwise be removed due to lack of popularity.

Disney is adding their popular Disney songs, into *checks notes* a Disney theme park... Shocking.

Sneaky

Done. Before anyone has seen the finished product, your wish is my command. Country Bears is now no more, to be replaced by an exclusive Disney credit card lounge, only for those who hold a Disney branded CC.

Enjoy the ... soda?
This is better than nothing. And the people behind it visibly care. They are trying, and I’m sure it’ll be fun. If I don’t like it, at least the kids of today will be able to enjoy the country bears with the Disney songs as much as we did with the original songs when we were small.

Sneaky

I don’t think so. I don’t need to hear kiss the girl in frontier land.

No they aren’t. It is just lazy and shows a lack of creativity. And their new mantra to recycle Disney film IP over and over rather than doing something original for the parks.
Heck even if I don’t like it, making a big stink about it and being angry with it constantly isn’t going to change anything. Bears are gonna sing Disney songs now. Believe me, this was not on the top of my list of things I wanted to happen, and I wish the show could’ve been more original too. But what’s done is done, and moping about isn’t gonna help anyone. I’m just gonna accept my feelings of “aw man” and just move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom