Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Clever Name

If you're a hip hop fan...

It’s probably too much to expect that they’d switch from country music to Hip-Hop. At least they could improve the country music by upgrading the songs:

I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lying On My Back Cryin' Over You.

My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend and I Sure Do Miss Him.

If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now.

I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here.

I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better.

How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away.

If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.

I Sold A Car To A Guy Who Stole My Girl, But It Don't Run So We're Even.

ellie-badge

Hip-Hop is the international music of the 21st century.

Speaking as an eighteen-year-old and recent high school grad, it's definitely not the international music of the twenty-first century, nor is it the universal music of the twenty-first century.

Edit: If anything, rap, reggae, or prepubescents "singing" pop is the international music of the twenty-first century, but even saying that is a huge, massive stretch (and I certainly hope that I'm dead wrong).

J.E.Smith

The segment I've heard possibly being cut is Bubbles, Bunny and Beulah's "All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down".

Which really never made sense as the sing-a-long-song anyway if you think about it.

With talk of this and "Don't Whup Little Buford" going away, wouldn't be too surprised if this is the "Politically Correct" refurbishment for the bears.

But if that gets removed, will that mean the Sun Bonnets wouldn't be in the finale anymore? That'd be stupid because there would be a huge vacant gap between Gomer and Wendell. Cuttting Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford at least means no characters get lost.

ellie-badge

Micechat is reporting that a "very reliable source" is saying that it will be shortened :(

No! This will really upset me. The Sun Bonnets and their song are my absolute favorite part of the show, I always thought it was so cute. I really hope that's not the segment they decide to ax, if they're going to really ax anything at all... Wow, this really upsets me. :(

alissafalco

No! This will really upset me. The Sun Bonnets and their song are my absolute favorite part of the show, I always thought it was so cute. I really hope that's not the segment they decide to ax, if they're going to really ax anything at all... Wow, this really upsets me. :(

I know me too!! I hope they are wrong, and it's just a rumor..This is exactly what was written on micechat:

"Also, we have a rumor from a trusted source in regards to this attraction."
"Now, this is just a rumor, but we have heard that during its upcoming refurbishment, the Country Bear Jamboree will allegedly be cut by about five to six minutes. The rumor states that NextGen could possibly be inserted here, and there is the possibility of the “Mama Don’t Whup Little Buford” section being entirely cut from the show."

puntagordabob

I know me too!! I hope they are wrong, and it's just a rumor..This is exactly what was written on micechat:

"Also, we have a rumor from a trusted source in regards to this attraction."
"Now, this is just a rumor, but we have heard that during its upcoming refurbishment, the Country Bear Jamboree will allegedly be cut by about five to six minutes. The rumor states that NextGen could possibly be inserted here, and there is the possibility of the “Mama Don’t Whup Little Buford” section being entirely cut from the show."

Horrible..... Seems like a show should last for more than a few short minutes geesh!! Adding some NexGen time to the show would be awesome... but removing original content? Not a fan of the concept....

Nemo14

Well, in all fairness, middle kids do a LOT of stuff to get attention! :D

Hey watch it - I'm a middle child.....
cool.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom