Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Pixiedustmaker

I know people keep saying the Christmas show should come back, but remember guys if it comes back now it would probably get cut down too.

I liked the Christmas Show, and even the Vacation Show, better than the original as they had special themes. I personally wouldn't care at all if some songs were cut as it would be something special for the holidays.

For all we know, Garner Holt might have made it much easier to switch to the Christmas Show in coming years, given how a lot of guests have found memories, I can't see them never bringing this special back as they have apparently invested a tiny bit in CBJ to keep it going.

Lee

Adventurer
There was a concept for a new show a couple years ago. "Singin' Showdown", if I recall correctly. Wonder why they didn't just go that route rather than cutting bits out of the old one. Would've made more sense, IMHO.

The Duck

Offending overweight guests is more of a problem these days as more guests are overweight. I don't think folks think too much about the Whup Little Buford song as the words by themselves look violent, but the song is sung in a jovial manner.
If they were really interested in not offending over weight guests, they should remove/replace the miniature turnstile in the entrance. Every time I went through it, the bar would swing back and ram me up the butt.
Buff's fat joke at Trixie didn't offend me in the least but being publicly sodomized by a turnstile really rubbed me the wrong way (in more ways than one!).

rodserling27

Wow. Ok, well they certainly didn't BUTCHER the show...but it went from "Outstanding" to "Good," in my opinion. "Fractured Folk Song" did NOT need to need to be cut...and there a bunch of my favorite lines that were cut. Overall, old version A+, new version B-.

Pixiedustmaker

Here's the official spin from WDI.

Funny how they're all wearing hard hats and construction vests you see people on the highway wearing. Why is the Imagineer who is talking about his favorite bear being Teddi Beara slurring his voice and looking like he's about to fall asleep?

When one of them says,

"I want our guests to know that we do care about our classic attractions, and we really, you know, make an effort to keep them up, to bring them new magic."

You can tell by the sort of disgusted look on her face that she is trotting out the company line. The older guy talking about providing the show that guests have in their imaginations . . . very unscripted and weird. I think maybe he means about how folks remember how the show was kept up?

In a round about way they're sort of addressing the obvious deficiencies in upkeep the show struggled with for years. Kind of surprising to see this in an official video.

WDW1974

There was a concept for a new show a couple years ago. "Singin' Showdown", if I recall correctly. Wonder why they didn't just go that route rather than cutting bits out of the old one. Would've made more sense, IMHO.

They've cut the show for multiple reasons, but the biggest one is because as Phil would say ''the counts are too damn high'' (again, an issue of MK not having enough capacity after 15-plus years of shuttering attractions, dining facilities and, yes, even shops as well as cutting entertainment and removing venues) and they'll be able to get higher daily counts with more shows.

Yes, things really are that pathetic at WDW.

WDW1974

Here's the official spin from WDI.

Ya know, I've often heard my pal Merfie rally about WDI and how talent is an issue and I think in this case, well, he's partially right. They made the cuts to improve guest counts.

But at the same time, I look at these 'talents' and wonder if they're just out to destroy the work of others who truly were talented, who truly had great artistic skill, who had vision ... because the current crop working WDW mostly seem like they are outcasts from the local art school.

Theresonly1

Overall it's not horrible, but I will miss the chit chat. Am I the only one that thinks the triplets are kinda creepy looking now (at least from the video) ?? I do agree that Teddi Berra looks good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom