Countdown to Fun opening

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One second viewing it dosn`t get better sadly. I can`t help if it wern`t for the local/tourist balance at DHS this could be another Light Magic.

Tinkrbell

Also, more characters or dancers would help. For instance, where's Remy's brother or some of the other characters from Toy Story that I know have been around before as walk around characters. A little more thought here and it could be a bit better.

I just finished my college program working in costuming for BPB. Some of my last days of work were closing the parade building & reorganizing it for this new parade. Emile from Ratatouille is supposed to be in the parade, but there was some sort of problem with either the costume itself or getting the costume (the manager was kinda vague about what exactly the problem was), so he won't be in it for awhile yet. Sorry I don't have better info for you.

mm52200

This is a perfect example of why we never watch daytime parades...:hammer:

It's sad you say that because BPB was the parade that people who usually skip parades actually enjoyed. Now we have this, thanks TDO and WDW Entertainment, you sure know how to screw up your only good parade.

britlightyear

It's sad you say that because BPB was the parade that people who usually skip parades actually enjoyed. Now we have this, thanks TDO and WDW Entertainment, you sure know how to screw up your only good parade.

It's funny you mention that because BPB was the only daytime parade that we actually liked. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time on our last trip and actually got to watch BPB in its entirety. Once I heard they were changing it, I figured we wouldn't be too happy with the replacement and it looks like I was right.

hpyhnt 1000

I really don't know what to say. I would say its a waste of time, but at not even 7 minutes, there's no time to waste. They couldn't spring for new costumes? And what is with the old block floats? Honestly, they literally put some stickers on them, pasted 4, 3, 2, FUN! on, and called it a day!

I don't know whats worse: the fact that TDO would tout this awful thing as a new parade or that, as Martin said, because of the tourist/passholder ratio, the liklihood is that nothing will happen to fix this mess.

asianway

I didnt like BPB - sorry, I know Im in the minority - but this makes me appreciate it...

I knew we were in trouble when the bugs came out and there was no "Bugs just want to have fun".

What happened to the two new floats from DCA???

Lost_Boy

Here's the deal kids. As a performer of BPB and CTF, I think I would represent the majority of the performers when I say, we are not happy with this product. WDW is very known for recycling their parades and that's just what they did. They recycled DCA's Pixar Play Parade's music, changed the name of it to Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun. The company doesn't invest in anything new because we, for the most part get Disneyland's "hand me downs." I think they think that because WDW gets a lot of "first time" guests that they can put on a "watered" down show/parade. Maybe if the company didn't spend so much money on The American Idol Experience, which has flopped, we might have had a new parade. Getting rid of acrobats and replacing them with hoola hoops, ribbons, balls, and spatulas does not justify us. It's all about budget cuts ans "safety." The choreography is fast moving and that's the only thing that's going for this parade, from a performers stand point. It's sad that we can't anything brand new to call our own!

asianway

Wow Disney what are you thinking? This is a real let down. They need to rethink this one.

Maybe not. Im sitting here pricing flights to California as a result of the days events, so maybe theyre geniuses.

Kind of weird seeing me sitting across the street in the vid - lol.

asianway

Here's the deal kids. As a performer of BPB and CTF, I think I would represent the majority of the performers when I say, we are not happy with this product. WDW is very known for recycling their parades and that's just what they did. They recycled DCA's Pixar Play Parade's music, changed the name of it to Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun. The company doesn't invest in anything new because we, for the most part get Disneyland's "hand me downs." I think they think that because WDW gets a lot of "first time" guests that they can put on a "watered" down show/parade. Maybe if the company didn't spend so much money on The American Idol Experience, which has flopped, we might have had a new parade. Getting rid of acrobats and replacing them with hoola hoops, ribbons, balls, and spatulas does not justify us. It's all about budget cuts ans "safety." The choreography is fast moving and that's the only thing that's going for this parade, from a performers stand point. It's sad that we can't anything brand new to call our own!

I think I can speak for everyone at the parade today that the problems were not in any way related to the performers. Everyone gave it 110% and it showed.

Lost_Boy

I agree with you 110%! I don't think the problem stems from the performers at all. We have done our best as performers and will continue to give it our all! That's what we do. Now, if only we could be representing a good product!

TP2000

One second viewing it dosn`t get better sadly. I can`t help if it wern`t for the local/tourist balance at DHS this could be another Light Magic.

The difference is that they actually spent a lot of money on Light Magic (40 Million Dollars in 1997). I just watched the video, and it doesn't appear that they spent more than a few hundred bucks for spray paint for this new DHS parade. :eek:

It appears this is much cheaper to run for DHS because a lot of the dancers and performers from BPB have been cut. And it's nowhere near the staffing of DCA's Pixar Play Parade. It's bare bones staffing for this DHS version. And here I thought they'd be shipping out all of the Pixar Play Parade floats to WDW while the DCA parade route is under construction for most of 2011. All they did was cut out the core music lyrics from the PPP soundtrack and loop it over and over and over.

This new parade is a baffling decision by TDO. Truly baffling. :veryconfu

JPWDW2

If always been proud to tell all my friends that I LOVE Disney Parks and what they offer as entertaiment. A lot fo them went for vacations are going now in January. What will say to them when they come back asking what the hell was this parade??! Even better, how we'll be able to recommned someone to go to Disney for a prefect vecation where there is lots of Fun if this is whats been showed?!?! To Lost Boy: I'm sorry to hear you performers feel the same as we do. Time to start acting. Does sending emails/letters to Disney doesn't helps at all?

dxwwf3

Let's hope they aren't done and the floats from DCA are on their way. If they think they can get by with just this though......wow.

NMBC1993

Wow...When I heard Countdown to Fun was coming to DHS, I wasn't sure if they meant the "actual" parade or not. This is a new low, and yes I know they been using the same floats in other parades for years, but never actually took the name of a parade, took the music, and put it in another.

Lost_Boy

Let's hope they aren't done and the floats from DCA are on their way. If they think they can get by with just this though......wow.

That's wishful thinking! This is it! At least for now. Maybe the guests will go pouring into guest relations and complain and hopefully we'll get results. I wouldn't hold my breath though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom