Cosmic Ray's outdoor patio to be enclosed with work starting this week

WDWFan_Boston

Or close the Terrace all together. I can't stand the food from that place.
Or open it because the restaurant almost next door has major capacity issues.

By your logic, Cosmic Ray's should close, because I can't stand their food. But, if they open the Terrace, you may have more room at your favorite restaurant, whatever it may be.

tl77

The heat might be part of the reason for this, but every time there is an mid-afternoon thunderstorm, Cosmic Rays seems to be the place people go to hide out until it blows over

Figment82

My only problem with the outdoor seating area is trying to juggle a tray of food and open the door at the same time. I don't have that much coordination! Otherwise I love it out there.

But I agree, the food has gone from okay to awful. I had the veggie sandwich last time and couldn't bring myself to eat even half of it. Ick. I'll stick to my waffle sandwich.

mm52200

It's just sad that even though MK is the most visited theme park in the world they don't even fully operate every food and beverage location in the park. That park needs all the capacity it can get, but there is Tomorrowland Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, Tortuga Tavern, and Aunt Polly's all sitting vacant.

COProgressFan

It's just sad that even though MK is the most visited theme park in the world they don't even fully operate every food and beverage location in the park. That park needs all the capacity it can get, but there is Tomorrowland Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, Tortuga Tavern, and Aunt Polly's all sitting vacant.

Don't forget Adventureland Veranda! ;)

And yet Disneyland, in a much smaller footprint than the MK, with fewer visitors (supposedly), has a multitude of quick-serve and buffeteria options (with real plates and silverware!) which are often just steps from each other.

mm52200

And yet Disneyland, in a much smaller footprint than the MK, with fewer visitors (supposedly), has a multitude of quick-serve and buffeteria options (with real plates and silverware!) which are often just steps from each other.
I was actually going to add exactly what you said to my post originally but decided to leave it out haha. But yes I went to DL for the first time in August and was blown away by their counter service food and beverage. Here in WDW we were so impressed by the real plates and silverware at Be Our Guest, but that's the norm out at DL haha. The food is much better too, the fried chicken at the Plaza is the best!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

We were blown away by Disneylands choice and variety of eating options. Lots of Places to sit and eat properly without having an ADR. And the fact you could have breakfast food at breakfast time without paying through the nose for a character breakfast. Such a shocking change to the MK.

Edit... How's that for a similar view posted at the same time, eh @mm522 ?

Ignohippo

So, obviously Ray's is insanely popular.

Would it really cost them that much to put in a couple of animatronics (like Wall-e or Stitch) if it meant Tomorowland Terrace could be just as busy?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree completely with you Tigger1988.

ABC Commissary has become the worst by far. Must say that in times past, both restaurants were better with better food. Toss in Sci Fi Dine in also. Had way better food there once apon a time.
I ate at ABC over Thanksgiving, and wasn't disappointed. Granted, I had their salad, but even the rest of my family was pleased with their orders as well. I'm not saying there's been a dramatic improvement, but that meal for us wasn't terrible in the least....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom