Cosmic Ray's outdoor patio to be enclosed with work starting this week

rob0519

That and replace Cosmic Rays altogether. I hate the separate bays for different foods and what a chaos bin. Could be better food too. And no, Sonny Eclipse is not entertaining, just loud.

After 20 plus years, I have to admit, Sonny is no longer entertaining. I have no idea why there are still separate bays for the different foods. Our family has yet to have a meal where everyone selected food from the same bay. I don't have a problem with the food quality. It's actually not all that bad. My complaint is they need to have more castmebmers cleaning up after the slobs that destroy the condiment stands every 2 minutes.

ToTBellHop

After 20 plus years, I have to admit, Sonny is no longer entertaining. I have no idea why there are still separate bays for the different foods. Our family has yet to have a meal where everyone selected food from the same bay. I don't have a problem with the food quality. It's actually not all that bad. My complaint is they need to have more castmebmers cleaning up after the slobs that destroy the condiment stands every 2 minutes.
The bay system and general messiness and dated look of the place keep me away. It's always loud and dirty, with torn pleather on the chairs. This is a place that could benefit from centralized ordering and food being brought to the table for the guest (like Be Our Guest lunch). End the chaos!

COProgressFan

The bay system and general messiness and dated look of the place keep me away. It's always loud and dirty, with torn pleather on the chairs. This is a place that could benefit from centralized ordering and food being brought to the table for the guest (like Be Our Guest lunch). End the chaos!

Agree completely with this. Just looks like a poorly maintained 1990s cafeteria (which it essentially is). The ordering bays just make it worse.

Communicore

As a former Cosmic's CM during the transition to New Tomorrowland this is sad news. I guess they can just implode the building and build a TLT 3000 in its place.

rob0519

As a former Cosmic's CM during the transition to New Tomorrowland this is sad news. I guess they can just implode the building and build a TLT 3000 in its place.

When you were a Cosmic CM, did they ever explain to you the theory behind the bay system of having to get in multiple lines to order food depending on the items you wanted?

rob0519

I have not been to Be Our Guest, but I do like the ide of centralized ordering and bringing the food to your table. It eliminates the endless hunt to find a place to sit.

JungleTrekFan

When you were a Cosmic CM, did they ever explain to you the theory behind the bay system of having to get in multiple lines to order food depending on the items you wanted?
Severely improves guest and kitchen efficiency, even when families have to go to different bays, the dispersing of all the people around the restaurant helps move everything so much more efficiently then you would think. Since this is the busiest and most efficient QSR in MK, its even harder, than any other restaurant, to see any other big changes. Everything from new equipment in the kitchen to new register ideas like Pecos tested and BOG has in place are never tested in Cosmic’s till proven to be better.
Not that i don’t think they will ever re-do the whole concept of how this restaurant functions, but it will be a very hard sell.
Best idea would be for them to build up and add a good amount of seating on the speedway side, changing the location of the bathrooms or at least where the entrance to them is. Fill that mostly empty back hallway in with more, very much needed kitchen space. (Cosmic has one of the most confined kitchens on property and that is with it spread between the guest and utilidor level, double decker, kitchen.)

flyerjab

We ate at Cosmic Ray's for lunch today and it was really packed. The one side was really dark due to the construction walls being up. If was the first time my family ate there and even though it was absolutely packed, our food was not that bad. In fact, my wife loved the tortellini salad.

I was also thinking it might have been slightly more crowded because the Pinnochio Village QS was not open. I was not even aware that it was temporarily closed. Are they refurbing it?

JimboJones123

I always liked it outside. The ambient waterfall noise made it a nice escape from the sounds of crowds.

I never found it to be too hot either.

Victor Kelly

The Tomorrowland Terrace needs to be re-opened, Adventureland Terrace as well. Then Tortuga needs to be opened and Mile Long Bar used to have more outdoor seating until Splash came along. Plus there used to be more food carts galore all through MK. As to food quality, it is much better all the way around than it was in the 80's.

Disney Analyst

My thoughts. Perhaps they didn't only enclose it to have more indoor space, but also because of Hub Construction? I would assume they were anticipating the hub going under the knife... and with construction dust and such, it would have closed the outdoor eating area for almost a year? So instead of losing capacity, they enclosed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom