Cosmic Ray's outdoor patio to be enclosed with work starting this week

luv

This is great. I do like to eat outside when the weather allows, but they really need the extra space when the weather doesn't cooperate.

Good deal. :)

MickeyPeace

I had to "refurb" one of my early videos lol. The message was that the outdoor seating in Cosmic Rays was a great, quiet spot to relax and watch the fireworks...

lebeau

You know, for many months of the year, dining outdoors is quite pleasant in FL. In fact, it's one of the things we look forward to most when we visit from up north during the winter. So it's a shame to lose some of that.

I understand the need to maximize seating, because Cosmic Ray's is a madhouse. (Though, I'm not sure why...the food is probably the worst counter service in the park). The problem is that TDO always takes the cheapest/easiest/half-hearted solution that doesn't address the real problem at hand.

This is symptomatic of the larger issue at the MK that they never seem to actually want to address -- capacity. There is a capacity problem and Cosmic Ray's simply can't accommodate the crowds during peaks times. But when you've closed so many dining locations over the years, what do they expect? There are fewer places to eat in 2014 with 17 million visitors than in the 1980s, when there were far fewer guests. Meanwhile, Tomorrowland Terrace still sits empty right across the way, as well as Tortuga Tavern and the multitude of other locations we've discussed on these boards.

More tables and more bodies in an already crowded mess hall environment isn't the answer to a better experience for guests.

You have prefectly summed up the situation. Bravo.

My wife banned Cosmic Rays years ago. We are not allowed to eat there any more. We have never had a good experience. As you say, it is a madhouse with subpar food.

R W B

I enjoy outdoor seating if its not in the middle of summer so this kind of bothers me but its not a big deal.

What I'm surprised about though is all the hate for Cosmic in general. That's my fiancé and I's favorite place to eat in MK. I'm guessing you all hate the food at 75% of the quick service places on property because they all serve the same thing pretty much, burgers, nuggets, chicken sandwhichs and fries lol.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Right on, Rob. Almost every restaurant on the North End has these window panels that open from one side of the restaurant to the other. This would seem to be the best way to do it so that everyone would be happy.

Then again, everybody will never be happy ;) But, I think it's the best idea by far.

It's a moving part, it would need to be kept clean oonoes a MAINTENANCE EXPENSE it will never happen :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I enjoy outdoor seating if its not in the middle of summer so this kind of bothers me but its not a big deal.

What I'm surprised about though is all the hate for Cosmic in general. That's my fiancé and I's favorite place to eat in MK. I'm guessing you all hate the food at 75% of the quick service places on property because they all serve the same thing pretty much, burgers, nuggets, chicken sandwhichs and fries lol.

I like Cosmic Ray's I wish the burgers were a little tastier but they are OK for what they are mass produced burgers but adding swiss or pepper jack cheese choices to the cheeseburger would go a long way to fix that.

R W B

I like Cosmic Ray's I wish the burgers were a little tastier but they are OK for what they are mass produced burgers but adding swiss or pepper jack cheese choices to the cheeseburger would go a long way to fix that.
I agree, it could have a little more flavor but its fast food, I'm ok with it how it is. The hot cheese on the fixins bar works good on the burgers and fries lol.

WDW 3

Funny thing is... we would never eat outside unless we ate on the patio facing Cinderella Castle. The "other" outdoor seating is something we would never consider. Eating out on the sidewalk amongst all the people walking. Blech. A photo of the castle from that patio is my phone wallpaper :) makes me happy everytime I look at my phone.

backinaction

the food wasn't anything great, but we always enjoyed watching sunny. We never sat outside though. The last time I ate outside was in Frontier land a few years back, and a giant bird grabbed a turkey leg right out of my hands. Ate inside ever since. I never understood why people feed the wildlife at disney. $5 for popcorn and your going to feed the birds?

mickey2008.1

We always eat outside at Cosmics, so quiet compared to the inside. The views are great as well, hopefully with the enclosure those views will stay. Curious to see what the new layout will look like with tables and chairs. We always go in september, so weather and crazy crowds were never a problem for us. We know the food there is just average, but for some reason when in MK, it tastes so much better. :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom