Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

other projections I've seen aren't as bad

Thanks. The IHME model has pretty much sucked for 18 months now... but here's hoping they are right this time! :)

Edit to add: they don't have any data for the past week in that model, and the data for the past week has already been far worse than their projections. So it looks like their model is meeting my low expectations.

Last edited:

MaximumEd

I think this was in Alabama. I wonder if their thoughts would change if COVID-19 knocked out several key Crimson Tide players.
Maybe, but then again we are usually 5 deep with good players (joke, don’t want anyone getting sick). Now, if you had to get vaccinated to tailgate or enter the stadium, you may have something. Friendly vaccinated Bama fan here. Roll Tide.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I guess at least we don't have to deal with the additional unhealthy foods taxes I guess. My county doesn't have a sales tax on food.
There's a restaurant in Bloomington that announced they are going to no-tip service and employees will start at $15/hr.
We had a place here that tried it when they opened and the servers ended up hating it. As was previously stated (and I'm sure this depends on the cost of dining at the establishment) the servers hated it because they ended up making less money at the end of the day.

correcaminos

Thanks. The IHME model has pretty much sucked for 18 months now... but here's hoping they are right this time! :)

Edit to add: they don't have any data for the past week in that model, and the data for the past week has already been far worse than their projections. So it looks like their model is meeting my low expectations.
I cannot find the one that was between the two as well nor can I recall who did it and was fairly accurate ish given. We are vaccinating more than before. That's good at least. Though some classmates from HS are proving me right in that it seems some extreme far right people have weirdly turned anti-vax. They claim to love all but get offended when we say we vaccinate out of love. They live in more rural Ohio. Ugh. So hard to watch that.

Patcheslee

We had a place here that tried it when they opened and the servers ended up hating it. As was previously stated (and I'm sure this depends on the cost of dining at the establishment) the servers hated it because they ended up making less money at the end of the day.
Turns out it's a brewing company called Switchyard Brewing, that also serves pizza. Most expensive 16oz beer is $7, glass of wine $10. Pizza $20, but they can't currently serve food except curbside. It's a college town so probably has alot of business during school. Their reasons for changing aren't just so employees earn a steady paycheck.

Lilofan

Look at the sign on bonuses being given to nurses now. That's just one example.
Dray,

I think you are from the area but Tropical Storm soon to be Hurricane Ida coming this Sun night / Mon morning is predicted to make landfall as a powerful Category 3 aiming for the Louisiana /Mississippi coast. I've gone through a Cat 3 and fared well but my house not so much. Even some of the gators and snakes even get displaced in a Cat 3 into the neighborhood. Be safe and prepare!

Last edited:

Kevin_W

I cannot find the one that was between the two as well nor can I recall who did it and was fairly accurate ish given. We are vaccinating more than before. That's good at least. Though some classmates from HS are proving me right in that it seems some extreme far right people have weirdly turned anti-vax. They claim to love all but get offended when we say we vaccinate out of love. They live in more rural Ohio. Ugh. So hard to watch that.
I am quite familiar with that sentiment. And have 2 in my family. :(

draybook

Dray,

I think you are from the area but Tropical Storm soon to be Hurricane Ida coming this Sun night / Mon morning is predicted to make landfall as a powerful Category 3 aiming for the Louisiana /Mississippi coast. I've gone through a Cat 3 and fared well but my house not so much. Even some of the gators and snakes even get displaced in a Cat 3 into the neighborhood. Be safe and prepare!

I'm up in NW Mississippi but thank you kindly for the thought. Much appreciated, friend.

BuddyThomas

4647E481-4BC8-4503-AE16-6DFE98C3F468.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom