Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Phase 3 will not happen until the rolling positivity is below 5% for 14 consecutive days. The current rate is 4.5%.

Mayor Demings suggests that Phase 3 could be hit on Friday.

Here is the current vaccination status for Orange County -

View attachment 561501
What is interesting is they are using 16+ instead of either 18+ or 12+. FL is at 59.9% of 18+ but I wonder if adding in 16 and 17 year olds drags the number down.

Nickp1983

It's been below 5% (14 day average) for well over a week .

This is all political nonsense at this point. It's hilarious.

They first removed rapid tests. Now what are they doing... adding sniffles to the number? People who sneezed at the doctors office? Hilarious

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Nickp1983

There is much to look forward to on this Memorial Day weekend. Coronavirus infections and deaths continue to decline. Fully vaccinated family members can enjoy their time with one another – both indoors and outdoors – without a mask.

Right now, 53.96 percent of Orange County residents have received at least one dose of the vaccine. Our 14-day rolling positivity rate is 4.7 percent. These are great numbers that we want to maintain.

I ask any resident who has not been vaccinated to please do so. Please help us contain this deadly disease, and continue our return to normalcy. We do not want to see a spike in COVID-19 infections like we did after Memorial Day 2020.

Have a safe weekend, and may we all continue to honor the military personnel who made the ultimate sacrifice serving our country.

– Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings

I guess he got his numbers wrong last Friday. Hilarious.

Last edited:

ABQ

Wow... that's a terrible number.
Agreed, though I would like to know the entire population that's being thrown into that number. Did they just open up to 12 year's and up in the past couple weeks adding some large number to the population that has not been eligible more than a month?

ParentsOf4

The 7-day moving average of first doses has dropped to its lowest level since January 8. From the CDC:

1622678009056.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The 7-day moving average of first doses has dropped to its lowest level since January 8. From the CDC:

View attachment 561542
Not shocking considering it was a holiday weekend and travel was at an all time pandemic high point. We’ve seen the lows and highs from early week to end of week. Levels are going down but that’s not really avoidable as we creep closer and closer to the total number of people interested in getting vaccinated. Outside of more lotteries or giveaways the only thing left now that could create a bump in doses is Pfizer and/or Moderna receiving full FDA approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom