Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Exactly my experience in South / Coastal Georgia. I mentioned this in a post last week. Since the CDC policy change, in an area that saw very low masking, there are more masks... way more??? Being low in the vaccinated percentage of states, it is almost as if now that since stores have dropped mask requirements and placed the burden on the individual, I am now seeing the unvaccinated in true numbers. Like I stated before, I hope it generates enough paranoia and aggravation that it moves people (not the diehards) off their tails to get vaccinated.
I wonder if some of it is people who got the first shot but aren’t done yet. I feel like once you get shot 1 you really want to avoid getting Covid since you are so close to “immunity” but you know it’s a very short time to wait vs the past when people looked at it like having to wear masks forever.

Kevin_W

Why does a face mask or lack of one change what is normal?

The last event I worked felt perfectly normal. I wore a mask the entire time as per the rules of the event organizers. Nothing “non-normal” about the event.

It was mostly the throngs of people milling about that made it feel "normal". I haven't experienced that in a long time.

And seeing people's faces vs. a mask is definitely a change. I agree that a face mask is not a big hardship, but there is certainly a different feel to an area where everyone is wearing one and an area where most/all are not.

G00fyDad

I’m pretty sure a bunch of knights from yor will disagree with you, ditto cowboys and bandits of the old west. Should I continue?
I wouldn't bother. You're probably arguing with anti-maskers. They have a ready-made excuse at all times for why masks should not have ever been worn by people. Everything from "People cannot breathe in the things." to "They cause people to drown on their own fluids." to "They cause cancer when people breathe in the fabric fibers." I just wouldn't bother trying to convince them.

matt9112

I used to live in MA. Now live in FL. You can imagine my thoughts about this state's response to coronavirus. I'd be banned if I typed out the words I'm thinking.

Im legitimately the opposite. I moved to florida to live in florida not for warm weather....moved from Massachusetts about 5 years ago. (Granted i went to high school here in FL) So had lived here before. I find the people much more likely to be ok with being shut down like rona has sniper rifles are people who's lives are affected the least. Whole k curve theory and all. (Retired folks and those who can work and get paid the same etc from home) come to mind. I flew up and down a bunch during the worst of it to see family and i was amazed how crazy some of the rules were.
To each there own but i like Florida for Florida. Im not trying to make it new york with palm trees.

matt9112

I wouldn't bother. You're probably arguing with anti-maskers. They have a ready-made excuse at all times for why masks should not have ever been worn by people. Everything from "People cannot breathe in the things." to "They cause people to drown on their own fluids." to "They cause cancer when people breathe in the fabric fibers." I just wouldn't bother trying to convince them.

Lol im fully vaxed and wore my mask whenever required and still dont know why the entire economy was shut down lol

DisneyCane

It's been a while since I posted the vaccination percentages (at least one shot) for FL by age group so here it is. I left out the 12-14 (they are in the total) because I have no good way to estimate the population of 12-14 year old people.

Age% Vaccinated
15-24
27.8%​
25-34
32.4%​
35-44
43.9%​
45-54
51.5%​
55-64
67.0%​
65-74
89.1%​
75-84
87.4%​
85+
73.0%​
Total
46.2%​

65+ is 86.4% combined. 65-84 is slowly creeping up and will likely exceed 90% when all is said and done. Under 45 is still getting shots at a snails pace given the wide availability of doses and appointments.

Bill in Atlanta

What’s odd to me is why anyone cares if someone else wears a mask or not. Who cares?
I always lean toward "live and let live", so I appreciate where you're coming from here. I do wonder, though, what prolonged face covering does to the social psyche, especially in regards to young children (reading facial cues, human connection, etc).

Hopefully we can eradicate this virus and everyone will feel safe enough to go maskless as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom