Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This seems extremely unlikely, at least in the next 2-3 years. Especially if Disney has an inventory of themed masks to sell.
To be clear the policy never changed and likely won’t going forward. During Covid times it was still prohibited for guests to wear a costume mask and likely will be prohibited going forward. Masks for medical reasons were never prohibited and likely won’t be going forward. So they can continue to sell those masks though I can’t see demand staying very high.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't really "care" what other people do. I will say (as I posted months ago), that even though it makes no logical sense since I tend to be a germaphobe, seeing other people wearing masks makes me feel more uncomfortable. I realize that this is a completely ridiculous feeling to have and runs counter to any scientific evidence, but I get an uneasy reaction when I am around strangers wearing masks.

That said, I don't tell people (online or in person) not to wear them. If somebody wants to wear a mask or two or three and it makes them feel better, to each their own.
I see a lot of similar comments a lot of places. IMHO if you really don’t care what other people do then there’s no reason to comment on it or criticize people for it. I just see it as a continuation of the mask vs anti-mask arguments that people are unwilling to give up yet. Trying to one up the “mask supporters” by throwing it in their face that the “science“ says they shouldn‘t need a mask anymore.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Patcheslee

You are going to have a really tough time convincing me that a single person who wasn’t wearing a mask before started to after this policy was released. I do think that depending on levels of community spread many people who are fully vaccinated are still wearing a mask. It turns out that wearing a mask for 15 mins while you cruise through Walmart is no big deal for the vast majority of people. I would guess most if not all of the people who were wearing masks were vaccinated. Remember too that we are still not much past the point where the vaccine opened to the general public and it takes 6 weeks to complete the series so anyone who got their first shot after April 12 isn’t fully immune. Many of those people may lose the masks once they hit full immunity.

On the employee side I think you are spot on. I would guess that the rule change may have actually resulted in a ramp up of enforcement of the policy which may have become a little loosely followed over time.
12-15 age fully vaccinated date will be June 18th, though some states are already reporting a miniscule amount already received their 2nd shot.
Hate to put it like this but if I see an adult with kids that are presumably elementary age and none including the adult is wearing a mask in the grocery store I assume the adult isn't vaccinated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This says fully vaccinated people only.

Yes, this is confusing. The statements the governor made did not make that distinction, but another speaker later on said it was for vaccinated people only.

1621877840415.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Switching topics a little, travel demand is ramping up fast for the Summer. From the attached:
  • Pent-up leisure demand for airline travel continues to show up dramatically in the most recent bookings data from Bank of America.
  • Domestic leisure tickets sold were 4.4% higher than the 2019 level. That is the first time leisure demand has topped 2019 levels in BofA's weekly tracking since the pandemic started.
This lines up what Chapek said about WDW demand. They are still missing business travel and most International, but Domestic leisure travel is booming right now.

DisneyCane

I see a lot of similar comments a lot of places. IMHO if you really don’t care what other people do then there’s no reason to comment on it or criticize people for it. I just see it as a continuation of the mask vs anti-mask arguments that people are unwilling to give up yet. Trying to one up the “mask supporters” by throwing it in their face that the “science“ says they shouldn‘t need a mask anymore.
I'm not sure if this is directed at me or just a general commentary. I personally have never commented or criticized people who wish to wear a mask. In my post (as well as the previous one) I was just pointing out my personal feelings of anxiety/discomfort when I see other people wearing masks around.

I would never criticize somebody for doing something that makes them feel comfortable as long as it doesn't effect me in any tangible way.

DisneyCane

Switching topics a little, travel demand is ramping up fast for the Summer. From the attached:
  • Pent-up leisure demand for airline travel continues to show up dramatically in the most recent bookings data from Bank of America.
  • Domestic leisure tickets sold were 4.4% higher than the 2019 level. That is the first time leisure demand has topped 2019 levels in BofA's weekly tracking since the pandemic started.
This lines up what Chapek said about WDW demand. They are still missing business travel and most International, but Domestic leisure travel is booming right now.

I just returned from a trip where I traveled through both Charlotte and Chicago (O'Hare) and the airports both seemed at least as crowded, if not more than "normal times." A huge change from last year at this time when the airports were ghost towns and the flights were 70% empty.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure if this is directed at me or just a general commentary. I personally have never commented or criticized people who wish to wear a mask. In my post (as well as the previous one) I was just pointing out my personal feelings of anxiety/discomfort when I see other people wearing masks around.

I would never criticize somebody for doing something that makes them feel comfortable as long as it doesn't effect me in any tangible way.
No not at you, just a general observation. There are people who are clearly triggered over people continuing to wear masks if vaccinated. It started with Joe Biden which I get is just political nonsense but I’ve seen it more and more lately in reference to regular people too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That where we are in PA now too. Following the CDC guidelines, no masks for fully vaccinated only. It leaves the decision in business’s hands to make a call on policy.

NJ has always said they are following the science and CDC, that's why I am surprised they have chosen not to follow them now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just returned from a trip where I traveled through both Charlotte and Chicago (O'Hare) and the airports both seemed at least as crowded, if not more than "normal times." A huge change from last year at this time when the airports were ghost towns and the flights were 70% empty.
Somewhere out there @legwand77 is saying see guys I told you so :). We have finally hit the point where travel really is back in a big way. It’s great for the industry and the workforce and great for all of our mental states too. IMHO travel and leisure are crucial to staying mentally fit. You don’t need to take a big fancy trip (although those are great too:)), but just get away and recharge for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom