Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimmit

Who is getting 24 hour turn arounds? My brother took around 8 days to receive his results and my mom, who is tested every other week takes at least 7 days each time.

In our rural hospital in KY we get 12 hour turnarounds for all our tests done at our hospital and at our respiratory testing centers that are spread out among several counties. In many cases it’s less than 3-4 hours. My wife has been tested 3 times, me twice and my son once and we have never waited longer than 4 hours for a result. My son even got a stat test and got that back in 30 minutes as he got some congestion (ended up being allergies) the day we were set to get on a plane and were gonna have to cancel our trip if we couldn’tget a stat test result before our flight to FL and make sure he was Covid negative.

Our tests are all done in house which helps speed it up. This is in rural KY. It shocks me that the rest of the nation is still so far behind as we aren’t exactly an urban metropolis.

HairyChest

I feel like there is a rush for me to get to the parks before they cut more back. I can forsee them increasing pricing, lowering the food quality and options, closing or shutting attractions down for half the day or certain days all together, perhaps even shutting parks all together for certain days of the week. Right now they are working with what they had before management gets to see what to cut and how to strategically do it.

Patcheslee

In our rural hospital in KY we get 12 hour turnarounds for all our tests done at our hospital and at our respiratory testing centers that are spread out among several counties. In many cases it’s less than 3-4 hours. My wife has been tested 3 times, me twice and my son once and we have never waited longer than 4 hours for a result. My son even got a stat test and got that back in 30 minutes as he got some congestion (ended up being allergies) the day we were set to get on a plane and were gonna have to cancel our trip if we couldn’tget a stat test result before our flight to FL and make sure he was Covid negative.

Our tests are all done in house which helps speed it up. This is in rural KY. It shocks me that the rest of the nation is still so far behind as we aren’t exactly an urban metropolis.
We're in Jackson Co. Indiana, population of 45k and still have over a week turn around. Don't know what the deal is but noticed the testing depends on who you go to. CVS you must be 18 or older and 5-7 day quoted turnaround time. The First Care clinic is open to everyone but appointments required and about a week out, results about a week out. The hospital and primary care physicians require appointments and referrals, which is the only place known to get results in less than 5 days.

DisneyDebRob

Took my friend, a healthcare worker 3 days to get his results back here in PA. He was negative, and it wasn’t Lyme disease either. Still trying to figure it out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1595939961902.png

1595940012777.png

disneygeek90

I feel like there is a rush for me to get to the parks before they cut more back. I can forsee them increasing pricing, lowering the food quality and options, closing or shutting attractions down for half the day or certain days all together, perhaps even shutting parks all together for certain days of the week. Right now they are working with what they had before management gets to see what to cut and how to strategically do it.
Limited food options is already happening. And many shops or stores are also closed.

Disstevefan1

We had a trip planned in March… Thinking about waiting until 2021 now because my three-year-old daughter really wants to meet the characters. Honest question… What is a character cavalcade and how does that work? Low crowds sound wonderful but want my daughter to have a full experience and to leave feeling like it was worth the $$

valid point, if one of your goals is for your three year old to hug Mickey (totally valid, a fantastic memory) then hopefully you can be able to do that some time in 2021, obviously not now.

The character cavalcades are like a random appearance of characters, most if the time riding by on some sort of float or vehicle or horseback. You never know when it will happen so there is no need to claim a spot an hour and a half ahead of time. If you happen to be at the right place at the right time you will see it, a happy surprise

kong1802

Still optimistic that we have hit the plateau.

Unfortunately, this plateau is much much higher than I thought it would be a few months ago. :(

That death total. Heartbreaking. Was happier to see it so low yesterday, gave me hope for some reason we wouldn't see another number over 150.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Still optimistic that we have hit the plateau.

Unfortunately, this plateau is much much higher than I thought it would be a few months ago. :(

That death total. Heartbreaking. Was happier to see it so low yesterday, gave me hope for some reason we wouldn't see another number over 150.
I imagine this plateau will come down eventually. The question is when. And also, is the state doing enough to help it come down. And, are the citizens themselves doing enough. Maybe it is just starting to?

kong1802

I imagine this plateau will come down eventually. The question is when. And also, is the state doing enough to help it come down. And, are the citizens themselves doing enough. Maybe it is just starting to?

I have hope that it will. Given that the positivity rate has stayed steady (albeit at too high of a rate).

Really hope also that when it does come down, it stays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom