Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Media outlets reporting 3200 for yesterday but the PDF shows this

It is curious why the numbers are not matching up with the press releases the DOH is sending out, vs the data they are putting on the dashboard. Here is the some of the other data.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.16.58 PM.png

kong1802

It is curious why the numbers are not matching up with the press releases the DOH is sending out, vs the data they are putting on the dashboard. Here is the some of the other data.

View attachment 478769

Wow 10% positive rate for that day and a few others? That’s shocking to me. One stat I took solace in was that it was around 5...That’s a scary trend I hope does not continue.

Chi84

Premium Member
What this thread does need is what Twitter is doing. When a blatant lie is posted with no proof, automatically a fact check button is added after the post. This way anyone that wants to spread lies or bending the truth into something else can have others reading it and checking it immediately.
Well you have three options. Ignore it. Reply to it. Or report it if it is political, trolling, or a personal attack.
I can understand the frustration though. There's another thread where people are just making up numbers and then bullying anyone who calls them out on it. Ignore is probably the best option.

disneygeek90

Per the Florida conference happening now it sounds like government officials will be doing random "check ins" on restaurants and bars. Warnings will be given if they appear that they're "trying" but still have problematic areas, but they're saying that they will just remove liquor licenses for those blatantly ignoring the rules (i.e. Knight's Pub).

With the increase in cases, it also means this age group is likely being careless. Unnecessary.
I think what local officials in Orlando are concerned the most about is multigenerational housing where young people are coming and going around older/at risk family members. Hopefully they take this as a wake up call to stop packing themselves so much in bars and other areas. The mask mandate should have a measure of helpful effect as well in Orange county, the central FL economy needs to be able to continue to at this point as it is struggling hard right now.

Last edited:

legwand77

I think what local officials in Orlando are concerned the most about is multigenerational housing where young people are coming and going around older/at risk family members. Hopefully they take this as a wake up call to stop pack themselves so much in bars and other areas. The mask mandate should have a measure of helpful effect as well in Orange county, the central FL economy needs to be able to continue to at this point as it is struggling hard right now.
Totally agree, if they do pack in bars at least don't go visit grandma :)

legwand77

Opinions are fine. That’s exactly what a discussion board is for. Opinions and different view points is what makes it run. I was talking about people saying things, with no proof, saying it’s the way it is. It’s running rampant here lately. That’s not opinions, it’s telling others they are wrong without zero proof. I really think you knew what I meant.

I really haven't seen anyone saying factual things with no proof, maybe a few exceptions of course and those have been cleared up, mostly others have been not liking opinions. Par for the course on message boards.

Epcotfan21

Per the Florida conference happening now it sounds like government officials will be doing random "check ins" on restaurants and bars. Warnings will be given if they appear that they're "trying" but still have problematic areas, but they're saying that they will just remove liquor licenses for those blatantly ignoring the rules (i.e. Knight's Pub).
They're already doing that in Broward. Several places were cited over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom