Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicRat

Can you imagine the mayhem if you started a movement where every DVC member who may lose points because they can't travel made bookings to house homeless people or even donated bookings to cast members who are struggling with their rent?
My wife works for a nonprofit health care company and that is exactly what hotels are doing right now. My question is why isn’t Disney already doing this?

TrojanUSC

Dr. Birx admitted that unlike other countries, when someone died with Covid-19 present we count it as a Covid-19 death. I have a friend of the family who's a healthcare worker and confirms. They're declaring someone in hospice who contracts it as a Covid-19 death. There are reports of it everywhere if you chose to look. There are doctors on tv everyday voicing their concerns with that policy.

No. She admitted that we are counting deaths where COVID-19 is a contributing factor. That's all. It is a conspiracy theory to assume otherwise. A gunshot death would not have any contributing factors.

Again, we can see the total # of deaths in impacted areas rising dramatically, which tells us that the # of COVID-19 deaths is likely under-reported, if anything.

rnese

No. She admitted that we are counting deaths where COVID-19 is a contributing factor. That's all. It is a conspiracy theory to assume otherwise. A gunshot death would not have any contributing factors.

Again, we can see the total # of deaths in impacted areas rising dramatically, which tells us that the # of COVID-19 deaths is likely under-reported, if anything.
Source?

TrojanUSC

Goes into great detail here as it relates to COD :

If you'd like more details on just how many are being undercounted, you can get more info here:

rnese

Goes into great detail here as it relates to COD :

If you'd like more details on just how many are being undercounted, you can get more info here:
Ok. You just used 2 sources that many would say are biased. Now, they ARE sources. I COULD also provide 2 sources...biased of course...to support the opposite. Now that being said, can we agree that we should be skeptical about it all?

TrojanUSC

Ok. You just used 2 sources that many would say are biased. Now, they ARE sources. I COULD also provide 2 sources...biased of course...to support the opposite. Now that being said, can we agree that we should be skeptical about it all?

What is biased about them? They use primary sources and have a full list of their citations. The CDC provides the guidance of how hospitals are to list deaths and when they may be considered COVID-19, including a breakdown of Birx' statements. It's not biased just because the facts don't line up with a pre-determined belief.

JohnD

Looks like FL is largely following the federal guidelines so minimum 2 weeks of phase 1 but could be longer.

No WDW immediate open but slow and steady wins the race. I would love it if it opens by 5/25 but that may be a stretch. But if it does as a resort guest, 50% capacity sounds wonderful. If everyone wears a mask fine with me. ADRs might get cancelled but I can handle counter service.

TrojanUSC

No WDW immediate open but slow and steady wins the race. I would love it if it opens by 5/25 but that may be a stretch. But if it does as a resort guest, 50% capacity sounds wonderful. If everyone wears a mask fine with me. ADRs might get cancelled but I can handle counter service.

No chance for 5/25. It takes one month to get to Phase 3 without any setbacks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s odd that you want to talk about WDW in this politics thread but I’m game;)

It will be interesting to see what the local guidance is that comes out Friday. The other thing is they don’t really address what changes in phase 2. IMHO WDW has to wait for phase 3 (based on the federal guidelines) but I don’t make that call. It will be up to the weatherman and Chappie. If they give the green light to open in phase 2 then 5/25 is probably right around that time.

The capacity limit is going to be interesting to see too. So 50% of full capacity with everything open at MK is way more people than will show up. That number could be reduced dramatically if a number of attractions are closed. Disney could also limit the capacity further than required. The real tricky parts will be ADRs and transport.

The other thing that Disney could do which was rumored in the other thread is a phased opening starting with just MK and monorail resorts. That could be in phase 2 with a full opening in phase 3. The only thing I know for sure is I have no idea what’s going to happen.

jensenrick

I was luckily debarked off a Disney ship before the US stopped allowing crew to debark. But yes there are still many crew on board, some still working and some « on vacation » but aren’t able to leave.

Omg, how awful. Another terrible example of how people can be imprisoned indefinitely, while having committed no crime. :(

DisneyCane

Saw most of his press conference and I’m not sure how I feel. When he said he is driven by data and the medical doctors and hospitals, I said good. He is opening the right way in my opinion. When it came to questions about a possible spike and would he pull back, he went right into irrational talking points. “ Well, did the spike come from what we did?”.. “ we would look at it and check the data”. Not many would want to be proven that they did wrong so I worry about the reasons it did spike, IF it happened. Then went into some other political talking points, which is fine, I get it. They all do it. I just hope it goes well for everyone in Florida.
I think what he was talking about is that if there is a spike related to a particular location, gathering or nursing home that can be isolated as the source and drives the statistics that it doesn't mean restaurants can't have dine in service again if the spike had nothing to do with restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom