Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SierraT

Is anyone else tired of so many people contacting them about all the online articles saying disney won’t open until next year and laying off employees? (even tho disney never said that and these furloughs were planned because they tried to keep paying them for as long as they could). *facepalm*
There will always be glass half full and glass half empty kind of people in the world. I think in general, most are glass half full kind of people. I think we can tell the glass half empty people at this time, in this particular thread.

Phil12

There will always be glass half full and glass half empty kind of people in the world. I think in general, most are glass half full kind of people. I think we can tell the glass half empty people at this time, in this particular thread.
I'm a glass half full kind of person. The real question is, "what's the glass half full of?"

ToTBellHop

thats not what the testing means. Being asymptotic or having antibodies does not mean recovered and/or immunity. It means you haven't gotten sick or maybe got sick and recovered. It means you've been exposed and had one of several outcomes.
:geek:if you have antibodies to something, you were exposed to it and generated enough of an immune response that you have a large number of B cells that made plasma cells to produce antibodies. If it works like the response to every other foreign or abnormal cell, you keep memory B cells for a period of time, causing immunity. This is why convalescent plasma therapy (preliminarily) is helping sick patients. These studies also suggest that the antibodies produced, critically, are neutralizing antibodies. https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/04/02/2004168117

Now, how long that immunity lasts is an open question.

1587779828353.png

In this case, “germ” should be read as “virus-infected cell expressing viral proteins”.

jensenrick

Time is all that Disney has right now.... They're idle, remember. The parks have more downtime than they ever wanted.

which is why I have to RANT again that Disney isn't doing a single *thing* (to my knowledge) in the area of *refurbishment* of any and all places where they will NEVER (probably) have an opportunity like THIS again- to work on or reconstruct whatever the heck might be on their "maybe someday" lists, because they have WEEKS with NO ONE coming- and it's just a horrible, terrible, crying SHAME that this opportunity is being missed.

Jrb1979

which is why I have to RANT again that Disney isn't doing a single *thing* (to my knowledge) in the area of *refurbishment* of any and all places where they will NEVER (probably) have an opportunity like THIS again- to work on or reconstruct whatever the heck might be on their "maybe someday" lists, because they have WEEKS with NO ONE coming- and it's just a horrible, terrible, crying SHAME that this opportunity is being missed.
Its cause they don't have the money to do it.

Giss Neric

Glass half empty people are not like that as a result of the current situation. They are like that in general even on normal days. It's just their mindset. I am 80% half full and 20% half empty depending on the life situation.

celluloid

I agree. The sad truth:
If the Haunted Mansion The Jungle Cruise were having all of the safety issues and other bad show elements were going on when the money was coming in good, they are not going to be the type of leadership to put anything to make it better in now.
There is going to need to be change in the future for that. Maybe when they have to try harder for people to come back, but it is not the current leadership culture's focus.

jensenrick

It's really nice.
This is the way most of us should have been behaving all along.
You shouldn't be putting your items on the conveyor belt in the supermarket, while I'm still putting mine on and the belt is still moving. (This has happened to me a number of times.)
Your kid shouldn't be repeatedly bashing into me on line in a WDW queue.

Bolding the most super important part! If it stops that, well then social distancing forevaaaaah!

Phil12

I'm confident that Joe Rohde is not letting this opportunity slip away. I have it on good authority that they've ordered some amazing new strobe lights!

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Glass half empty people are not like that as a result of the current situation. They are like that in general even on normal days. It's just their mindset. I am 80% half full and 20% half empty depending on the life situation.

As a result of the situation, my glass is now 100% full of BS with a twist (or ten) of stupidity. I figure that the more I drink, the greater my resistance.

jensenrick

I don't. There is a reason Universal is still working on projects and Disney isn't.

Because . . . Universal has so much more money than Disney?? That doesn't track.

TBTH, I think Disney is scared of social media backlash if it's known that any other than totally essential employees are there.

Jrb1979

Because . . . Universal has so much more money than Disney?? That doesn't track.

TBTH, I think Disney is scared of social media backlash if it's known that any other than totally essential employees are there.
I disagree. Universal also has Comcast behind it and most of their company doesn't rely on theme parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom