Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilypgirl

Take it for what it is worth. Also opening it up to all teams and not just ones who earned explain why the other June ones were canceled. They are trying to get as many teams as they can to the Summit.

Attachments

• 164E8993-F81A-45D3-9BD7-71ED3F6EAA01.png
    164E8993-F81A-45D3-9BD7-71ED3F6EAA01.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 110

JohnD

Yeah there has been a lot of reposting of one analysts thoughts. I would be willing to bet he is going to be wrong in his assesment.

I was surfing Screen Rant looking for reviews of Clone Wars, Season 7, Episode 10. (No spoilers here). Then I came upon this story.

lilypgirl

LOL I like how they mention they have some hurdles to cross - like the parks being open. wow
I tell you Varsity never ceases to amaze me. The power of the mighty dollar is their first and foremost concern above all other things. However I don’t think they would move forward if Disney wasn’t giving them the go ahead. The two companies have a great partnership with each other and I can’t imagine either would want it not to exists anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I tell you Varsity never ceases to amaze me. The power of the mighty dollar is their first and foremost concern above all other things. However I don’t think they would move forward if Disney wasn’t giving them the go ahead. The two companies have a great partnership with each other and I can’t imagine either would want it not to exists anymore.
Well it is true that there has been a hope at Disney to get things going in June, but to think that they could do a mass gathering event like this seems incredibly optimistic.

Ravenclaw78

Just received this email from DVC:

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,
I hope you and your family are staying healthy and doing well during these trying times. The impacts of COVID-19 are testing us all in ways we never imagined, yet we continue to be inspired by stories of care and compassion in our local communities and around the world.
Our team at Disney Vacation Club is deeply appreciative of the patience and understanding shown by our Members – and the helpful feedback and kind thoughts shared with our Cast.
Looking ahead to better days, our team is committed to keeping you informed and providing flexibility in your membership given the unique circumstances of this crisis. Based on your feedback, we are taking additional actions beyond those we previously shared with you:

• We know that some Members had reservations for Disney Vacation Club resort stays during the closure period using points that are set to expire. 2019 Use Year points for April and June that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for these reservations will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. 2018 Use Year points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date. Please note this temporary policy only includes expiring points that were used to book a stay between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. In addition, to better support Member availability, Disney Vacation Club will not extend the life of our expiring developer points.

• In light of this and to help with resort availability in the coming year, beginning today Members who want to borrow points to complete a reservation will temporarily only be able to borrow up to 50 percent of their future Use Year points per contract, as permitted by your Home Rules and Regulations. Doing this will help manage inventory and accommodate more Members who want to schedule their vacations once the resorts reopen. Points already borrowed for a stay outside the closure period will be honored, even if they are above the 50 percent threshold. We will continue to monitor our inventory and re-evaluate, with the goal of returning to our standard policy as soon as it is appropriate to do so.

• Finally, some Members have had questions about how the closure is affecting their association’s annual dues. While lower operating costs are anticipated for each condominium association because of the closures, there are many unknowns ahead as the resorts return to operation. Our commitment to Guest and Cast safety remains our top priority, and changes may be implemented to the way we operate, which may add some new costs. Given the unique circumstances of this situation, the proposal is to issue a credit to Members in mid-December as part of the distribution of Annual Dues Statements for 2021 if their association has an operating surplus (as opposed to rolling all surpluses into reserves).

These changes should provide helpful support to the entire membership as our team works toward making Disney magic for you and your loved ones just as soon as possible. We will continue to evaluate the situation, make changes to policies as they become necessary and keep you updated. More information on these policy changes can be found on our website, www.disneyvacationclub.com.
All of us at Disney Vacation Club are thinking of you and your families and can’t wait to welcome you home.

All the best,
Signature
Terri A. Schultz
Senior Vice President
Disney Vacation Club, Guided Adventures & Expeditions and Golden Oak

flynnibus

Premium Member

What's missing for me in the explanation is...

How far back is your device supposed to log all of its own codes... (so it can tell the cloud what its codes were that were 'sick' if you get diagnosed) and conversely... how long your device is supposed to log all of the codes it's seen.

Because it can only trace activity as far back as the two datasets intersect...

DisneyDebRob

Just received this email from DVC:

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,
I hope you and your family are staying healthy and doing well during these trying times. The impacts of COVID-19 are testing us all in ways we never imagined, yet we continue to be inspired by stories of care and compassion in our local communities and around the world.
Our team at Disney Vacation Club is deeply appreciative of the patience and understanding shown by our Members – and the helpful feedback and kind thoughts shared with our Cast.
Looking ahead to better days, our team is committed to keeping you informed and providing flexibility in your membership given the unique circumstances of this crisis. Based on your feedback, we are taking additional actions beyond those we previously shared with you:

• We know that some Members had reservations for Disney Vacation Club resort stays during the closure period using points that are set to expire. 2019 Use Year points for April and June that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for these reservations will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. 2018 Use Year points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date. Please note this temporary policy only includes expiring points that were used to book a stay between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. In addition, to better support Member availability, Disney Vacation Club will not extend the life of our expiring developer points.

• In light of this and to help with resort availability in the coming year, beginning today Members who want to borrow points to complete a reservation will temporarily only be able to borrow up to 50 percent of their future Use Year points per contract, as permitted by your Home Rules and Regulations. Doing this will help manage inventory and accommodate more Members who want to schedule their vacations once the resorts reopen. Points already borrowed for a stay outside the closure period will be honored, even if they are above the 50 percent threshold. We will continue to monitor our inventory and re-evaluate, with the goal of returning to our standard policy as soon as it is appropriate to do so.

• Finally, some Members have had questions about how the closure is affecting their association’s annual dues. While lower operating costs are anticipated for each condominium association because of the closures, there are many unknowns ahead as the resorts return to operation. Our commitment to Guest and Cast safety remains our top priority, and changes may be implemented to the way we operate, which may add some new costs. Given the unique circumstances of this situation, the proposal is to issue a credit to Members in mid-December as part of the distribution of Annual Dues Statements for 2021 if their association has an operating surplus (as opposed to rolling all surpluses into reserves).

These changes should provide helpful support to the entire membership as our team works toward making Disney magic for you and your loved ones just as soon as possible. We will continue to evaluate the situation, make changes to policies as they become necessary and keep you updated. More information on these policy changes can be found on our website, www.disneyvacationclub.com.
All of us at Disney Vacation Club are thinking of you and your families and can’t wait to welcome you home.

All the best,
Signature
Terri A. Schultz
Senior Vice President
Disney Vacation Club, Guided Adventures & Expeditions and Golden Oak
Haven’t got my notice yet so thanks for posting!
The annual dues are fine, never had a problem with continuing my payments for that. A lot of work is going to need to be done when ever they open.
They addressed my concern of giving all points back into next useyear and the problem of members getting a reservation with all this extra points being used. On quick view, the 50% sounds like a good option.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How would something like this even work? If they are putting in social distancing stuff in ride queues and other places around the resort how do you stay 6 feet apart while competing? I thought this was why they weren’t allowing other team sports yet too.

lilypgirl

How would something like this even work? If they are putting in social distancing stuff in ride queues and other places around the resort how do you stay 6 feet apart while competing? I thought this was why they weren’t allowing other team sports yet too.
I don’t even know but yes no social distancing on the mat.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Bob Harlem

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I could see Dollywood opening earlier than many other theme parks. They may even restrict to Tennessee residents at first (TN has had no more than 15 deaths in any day, and just reported 0 today).

I think Dolly would be more cautious than most since it represents her brand. I said in another thread that if WDW opened by June 10th, I’d run naked through my neighborhood. If DollyWood opens by June 10th, I’ll run naked through my neighborhood covered in temporary butterfly tattoos.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t even know but yes no social distancing on the mat.
This is why the whole social distancing thing is so confusing. So on one hand in a grocery store, at a beach, at a theme park or on a bus I need to either wear a mask or stay further than 6 feet apart from anyone but on the other hand I can get my hair and nails done, get a massage, have a waiter serve me at a table and join up with a large group of friends for cheerleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom