Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I see a lot of talk about possible temp checks at the parks which made me think of bag checks. How in the world are they gonna handle bag checks now? The spread of germs by one bag checker that touches thousands of bags in a morning has got to be insane
Yep, it is one of many many things that is going to have to be looked at. Disney's existing operations are almost the exact opposite of what is going to be needed going forward.

ImperfectPixie

I've seen law enforcement enter the parks when there is a commotion. They do their best to bring the impacted parties to a isolated area away from prying eyes to conduct their investigation.
Yes, but that gets more difficult to do if there's a bandwagon to jump onto...not that I think there's a big chance that anything like that could happen, I just know that some people just love to be contrary if there's an opportunity to do so.

Jrb1979

I had heard that some of the festivals pulled out. That is a huge hit for the city as they have always been so popular. I haven’t been in several years because of the parking nightmares. But they do out on the best firework display. I wonder if that is still on?
Here they are doing the Canada Day fireworks virtually. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they do.

CLEtoWDW

The more I think about it the more I’m in favor of reopening WDW for Florida residents only for the first few weeks. (I’m not a FL resident) The spread of the virus among Floridians has been fairly insignificant compared to other heavily populated states. Why risk bringing the virus into the state from those traveling?

so maybe a 6/1 opening for locals and a 6/20 opening for all resorts and out of state guests.

Lexxweb

The more I think about it the more I’m in favor of reopening WDW for Florida residents only for the first few weeks. (I’m not a FL resident) The spread of the virus among Floridians has been fairly insignificant compared to other heavily populated states. Why risk bringing the virus into the state from those traveling?

so maybe a 6/1 opening for locals and a 6/20 opening for all resorts and out of state guests.

^I'm in favor of this plan!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

^I'm in favor of this plan!

With the addition of anyone who currently has a reservation but lives out of State ;) Obtained the hard 1 BR Value DVC at Jambo last July:)

JohnD

If I was a betting man I’d start with 7/5

But I’m not. And why do you yanks put the date and month the wrong way round?!

May 7 works for me. But if you mean July 5, you would put it a day after Independence Day. If it must open in July, I advocate for one day earlier.

HongKongFooy

That will take time to purchase and install those. I cant see that happening anytime soon. Also, cant those conveyor belts and other parts of those machines pick up the virus and spread it?

Time is all that Disney has right now.... They're idle, remember. The parks have more downtime than they ever wanted.

As for virus on conveyors...OK, but so what. Those nasties can be on doors, counters, chairs, toilets, handrails ....EVERYWHERE more or less.

A side note:
The Costco employee at the checkout register to my surprise wiped the conveyor entirely before I placed items on it........she was very thorough wiping the whole cycle. I know because I saw the damp marks from the cleaning product on the whole circuit.

electric

Time is all that Disney has right now.... They're idle, remember. The parks have more downtime than they ever wanted.

As for virus on conveyors...OK, but so what. Those nasties can be on doors, counters, chairs, toilets, handrails ....EVERYWHERE more or less.

A side note:
The Costco employee at the checkout register to my surprise wiped the conveyor entirely before I placed items on it........she was very thorough wiping the whole cycle. I know because I saw the damp marks from the cleaning product on the whole circuit.
I dont care about what surfaces its on, but I know there will always be someone that would make a big deal about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom