Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubman

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WDW staying open is not just for the money. The fear that will be created if Orlando shuts down will make things worse. Disney as nd Universal should remain open as long as possible to give the public faith that life goes on and we will get over this. It was important to the country when WDW opened up after 9/11. It was also important to Japan when Tokyo Disney reopened after the Tsunami. Life will go on and Disney isvan important symbol for all of us.
I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I’m not so sure.

I’m an inch away from looking at rescheduling a DLP trip despite at this time being still able to fly and stay.

seascape

Just had a passenger on a jetblue flight from NY to palm beach test positive. https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
(edit, thought it was mco- it was palm beach- not enough coffee yet)
That passenger said he took a test a few days ago and received a text message while on the plane that he tested positive. I think he should be charged with some type of criminal offense. For anyone who took a test to fly before getting the results is criminal. At the very least everyone on that plane should sue him for their emotional stress. Please, if you arecsick stay off all planes and self quarantine.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hand washing stations and informational placards have appeared at Epcot within the last 24 to 48 hours. There was a noticeable increase in cast members sanitizing surfaces as well. The placards were also visible at our resort common area this evening.
View attachment 455700View attachment 455701

There were placards at Wilderness Lodge outside of Roaring Forks first, then at the main entrance yesterday afternoon. I have pics but am too tired to post right now. Later this morning, perhaps. ;)

Phicinfan

I need all of my fellow Disney nerds' advice. We're scheduled to leave March 25. We're really struggling with whether or not to move the trip to September, not so much out of fear for ourselves, but fear that we may get there and have the place operating with limited offerings or shutting down while we're there. My husband and I are completely torn (especially because his 30th birthday is the 30 - which is why we were going). What would you do in my shoes?
Just my opinion delay. No idea of your health or your husbands, but if you still have family or friends that are in risk category, you have the potential to spread to them. I hate to be "that guy" but the best way to get past this is for folks to limit exposure, so it spreads less, and allow the weather and hopefully health officials find ways to fight all this.

ImperfectPixie

That passenger said he took a test a few days ago and received a text message while on the plane that he tested positive. I think he should be charged with some type of criminal offense. For anyone who took a test to fly before getting the results is criminal. At the very least everyone on that plane should sue him for their emotional stress. Please, if you arecsick stay off all planes and self quarantine.
As I stated before, anyone who violates self-quarantine orders or who knowingly puts others at risk should be slapped with a substantial fine and the funds used to help those who will suffer financial losses due to contracting COVID-19 or their workplace closing due to COVID-19.

This kind of selfishness really ticks me off to no end.

dizneycrazy09

As I posted in the operation thread: but in your case if you want to go March 25th:

I can't say to not expect the worst, but all I can say is to prepare for it. but to continue going on as normal. As of now, I expect them on just reducing hours and limiting the number of attractions or modifying them in a manner to limit touching. Attendance projections are now lower than what they we're before and this data that was estimated prior to the Oval Office Address last evening. I am actively checking with sources, and those whom have gotten back to me haven't heard anything. That being said, given that Orlando is the in the top 5 of most heavily visited areas of the United States. Its actually astounding that we have not had any positive cases at all for now.

I would say as of the current landscape, with those that I have talked to. If they do not cut hours, they will be 100% less staffed due to lower estimated numbers, which will also limit the risk of infection. I would not be surprised to see them take the approach of Sea World as they are whipping down their ride vehicles after every cycle and are seeing an effect on the wait times by at most 5 minutes. I can see as a first level that attraction cycle times will be affected, such as having a gap in the design lab at Test Track to have cast wipe down the most commonly touched objects to Space Ship Earth where if they can wipe the touch screen down after every ride or number of rides. The non-omnimover attractions will be better off as they have an easier time to manage those, those continuous ride systems (Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Space Ship Earth, Buzz Lightyear) will be harder to wipe down unless they were to have multiple CMs wiping down the most commonly touched areas unless they would go to a slower loading speed which while does increase attraction time does give them more time to clean what they need to. Attractions like Rise of the Resistance and Mission Space, due to their nooks and crannies, could limit the overall loading where they can pulse each turn table so they can clean one down while the other works, and in a case like that, they can still have the sides open. Another case I can see for an attraction like Mission Space is that they opt to rather use spray instead of wipes for the bottoms and still only have a sightly longer time between cycles that can really affect at most 5-10 minutes for the attractions.

I think one of the more drastic ones will be to limit the areas for parades, and shows like Happily Ever After if they don't suspend them at all due to guest crowding areas.

What I mean though this ramble of what I've seen, I can't say to not expect the worst, but all I can say is to prepare for it. but to continue going on as normal and to practice proper hygiene.

I appreciate the feedback and insight. I think I'll still monitor the situation for the time being and make my decision at some point today. I'm going to heavily rely on insiders like you when making this difficult decision, so just know how much your insights are valued and appreciated.

dizneycrazy09

Just my opinion delay. No idea of your health or your husbands, but if you still have family or friends that are in risk category, you have the potential to spread to them. I hate to be "that guy" but the best way to get past this is for folks to limit exposure, so it spreads less, and allow the weather and hopefully health officials find ways to fight all this.

Luckily, we have the ability to self-quarantine when we get back (which was the plan all along).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just had a passenger on a jetblue flight from NY to palm beach test positive. https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
(edit, thought it was mco- it was palm beach- not enough coffee yet)
So, apparently, the man got on the flight apparently aware that he was sick and had been tested, and the wife apparently got the results just before they departed...

This ranks right up there with a father-daughter dance, or declaring that "If I'm going to get sick and die, I might as well do it at Disney World."

John park hopper

As I stated before, anyone who violates self-quarantine orders or who knowingly puts others at risk should be slapped with a substantial fine and the funds used to help those who will suffer financial losses due to contracting COVID-19 or their workplace closing due to COVID-19.

This kind of selfishness really ticks me off to no end.
There is precedence for criminal charges for spreading a disease.

"It is possible to be charged with attempted murder if you know that you have the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV, the virus that causes AIDS), but engage in unprotected sex without telling your partner. "

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Republic of Ireland is closing all schools. UK government announcement later today. President Marcon speech tonight. Anaheim reduces gatherings to 250. DLP stops all outdoor shows and applies more limits to interior spaces including stores.

Looks like an avalanche of new measures are starting to be unveiled. Hopefully they’ll be sharp but short.
Expecting a travel ban similar to the USA. That would keep US-UK travelling on the ok.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Gringrinngghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom