Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Harlem

This reminds me of cruise ship policy. They should have hand washing at all restaurants anyway. There are bathrooms, but you really don't want to touch bathroom doors right before eating by the number of people who run out without washing their hands.

Many of the newer or recently refurbed cruise ships have full hand washing (not just sanitizer) stations at the entrance to some/all of the restaurants.

Lilofan

You do realize thousands of people on those cruise ships are breathing the same air? Any time you pack people or animals into a small space the chance of infection is high.

I would not go near a cruise ship right now.
DCL employs a number of cast including many who don't even actually work on the ships itself. Hopefully they all make it through these rough waters and come out unscathed.

MatthewWho13

These have popped up at Epcot. Didnt notice them a couple days ago. Mobile hand washing stations. Each had an accompanying sandwich board with references to hand washing and germ control.
View attachment 455540

35 of those were deployed. You will see a different version of this sink popping up as well, that is a little more squat over the next few days 90 of them to be exact... possibly even more soon. Most are blue not grey..

Attachments

• 984ED519-A68C-4FB1-8CEE-135BB84D273B.jpeg
    984ED519-A68C-4FB1-8CEE-135BB84D273B.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 66

Lilofan

35 of those were deployed. You will see a different version of this sink popping up as well, that is a little more squat over the next few days 90 of them to be exact... possibly even more soon.
Many years ago there was the famous talking trash can at MK. Perhaps WDI can think of a talking hand wash sink? Go away, corona.....

Buried20KLeague

I don't know about Americans, but that's what they're currently expecting in Germany.

My statement stands.

Different country, different set of circumstances, different medical industry, different physical size (that's a big one), etc etc... And frankly I'd be surprised if it got that bad in Germany too.

No one has said 60-80% of Americans are going to be infected.

DCBaker

Premium Member
AP News is reporting that Italy says all stores except pharmacies and food markets will be closed in response to the country's new virus outbreak.

James J

In the Parks
No
I don't know about Americans, but that's what they're currently expecting in Germany.

Nope, that's what Merkel said but an expert has disputed this:

"A German health expert has disagreed with this, saying it's unlikely that two-thirds of Germans will get the virus.

Virologist Alexander Kekulé, a former federal government advisor on disease control, told local media that even in a worst-case scenario a maximum of about 40,000 people would get it."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
UCF Moving to Remote Instruction March 16

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I'd like to see a link where you learned that 60-80% of Americans would be INFECTED. Know why? Because you didn't. You likely read that a majority will come in CONTACT with the virus. That doesn't mean they all get it. That doesn't mean that if they do, they'll even experience symptoms.

The attending physician of Congress and the Supreme Court, Brian Monahan, briefed Senate staff on Tuesday afternoon in a closed-door meeting and said that he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will contract the coronavirus, two sources tell NBC News.

thisisfine.jpg

IanDLBZF

Per WFTV....
Seminole State College officials said the school is not moving face-to-face classes online at this time. But official said they are preparing for that possibility if the situation changes.
Florida A&M University officials said it will switch to remote instruction for two weeks beginning March 23. Officials said in-person classes are expected to resume April 6.
ERAU, Bethune Cookman, Beacon, and others have not announced similar intents as of yet though.

hopemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom