Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I see what you did, but what does TodayTix mean?

So, it’s a mobile app variation on the TKTS “half-price” booths (2fers back in the day) in Times Square. But in using the app, tickets are delivered to you in person outside the theater before the performance. For Hamilton to show up on there at all means that they’re having trouble filling the theater. The juggernaut of the 21st century thus far — and that’s a harbinger of issues with less popular shows.

Piebald

Got word a former coworker attended a big conference in San Francisco and within days got sick. Currently intubated in the ICU. 45 yrs old, heart condition, but still terrifying. 45 is not old by any means and I think people are underplaying how overwhelmingly Americans are not exactly the healthiest folks in the world.

techgeek

techgeek

Got word a former coworker attended a big conference in San Francisco and within days got sick. Currently intubated in the ICU. 45 yrs old, heart condition, but still terrifying. 45 is not old by any means and I think people are underplaying how overwhelmingly Americans are not exactly the healthiest folks in the world.

Do you happen to know what conference? RSA?

Crunchie9

IanDLBZF

Got word a former coworker attended a big conference in San Francisco and within days got sick. Currently intubated in the ICU. 45 yrs old, heart condition, but still terrifying.
That's just shocking. :(

Guys, please take this seriously. At this rate, I would probably say please DO NOT TRAVEL (domestically or internationally) unless it is an emergency. Community spread is increasing, and it may get worse.

ThatMouse

Maybe there will be big room discounts like a lot of the cruise lines are giving? Oops I forgot I'm in a Disney World discussion! :p
1583972508348.png

Completely real chart personally sent to me by Bob Iger.

DisneyCane

That's just shocking. :(

Guys, please take this seriously. At this rate, I would probably say please DO NOT TRAVEL (domestically or internationally) unless it is an emergency. Community spread is increasing, and it may get worse.

If I have any symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 I would not travel and I would stay home until I was tested and tested negative. In the unlikely event that I experienced symptoms while out of town, I would not travel home until I tested negative. However, if I'm not sick, why shouldn't I travel as long as I'm avoiding the hot zones?

If I'm going to go to stores/restaurants/whatever near home, what is the difference if I do that in another location?

I wouldn't travel internationally right now due to the possibility of getting stuck out of the country by a travel restriction.

As a germaphobe, I've always been very conscious of trying not to spread any illness I have to others. If in public, I will try not to get too close to people. If I have to cough or sneeze I do it into my elbow and try to distance myself from other people. Any time I blow my nose I don't touch anything with the and I used to hold the tissue until I have washed my hands. It's kind of a "do unto others" philosophy because I would greatly appreciate it if people made those efforts to protect me from being sick.

Whoever was "patient zero" for the nursing home outbreak in Seattle should be ashamed. Even if they didn't know what they had, you are entering a facility with frail elderly people who are there because they have medical issues. You should do anything possible not to transmit any illness to them. A frail 85 year old with 3 or 4 chronic health problems is going to suffer greatly with a common cold. I'll take back my statement if it is revealed that it was an asymptomatic transmission. Far more likely it was just a person that didn't cover their coughs or sneezes like you see all the time out in public.

culturenthrills

35 of those were deployed. You will see a different version of this sink popping up as well, that is a little more squat over the next few days 90 of them to be exact... possibly even more soon. Most are blue not grey..
These are well needed in Epcot esp with all the food booths. They really need to up the amount of custodial. They should be constantly cleaning all those tables scattered around World Showcase.

Reactions: CJR

JohnD

Blatantly anecdotal - but I am not exactly seeing many FP+ being cancelled in May. DHS continues to have complete sell through of all tier one FP at the 60 day window.

Maybe the tides will turn, but so far the cancellations aren't showing up on one very limited index.

For a trip that far out why would you cancel? You can cancel WDW resorts 5 days out without penalty. If you have airline concerns you may have to cancel sooner. Otherwise, I’d wait.

fctiger

It's funny what a difference a month makes.

So many people said this was going to blow over soon and that its just hyperbole than anything when it was just in a few countries and several hundred people have died. Now its officially been labeled a pandemic by the WHO, in over 100 countries and several thousand has died in just one month and its only going to get worse.

I had trips planned to both Tokyo Disneyland and WDW this year. Tokyo has already been cancelled since that was suppose to happen next month (the park is closed at least through mid April...for now) and the WDW trip is in September. Nothing has changed on that yet because its still a few months away. We already booked our hotels but can cancel up to two weeks before arrival so not a huge deal and haven't booked any flights yet. I haven't been to WDW in over 15 years so am really looking forward to it. So we're still hopeful that will happen and no plans to cancel but my guess is if things are not better by the summer then sadly that will probably be canceled as well.

And of course, its not a huge deal, it more important people stay safe and that we all get through it. I feel more bad for the people who are sick and the economic impact its going to cost to others, especially the tourism and travel industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom