Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Unfortunately some governments flat-out lie about what testing they're doing. In my country (not USA) during the SARS scare a government minister went on TV to say that fever-detecting machines were already installed and screening incoming air passengers ... one of my relatives worked in the relevant ministry and told me ... "complete BS".

I don't know about actual testing being done in S Korea or any other country, but I think there is reason to believe that in certain countries, certain politicians and other officials are prone to tell lies and exaggerate about how much testing and quarantining are actually being implemented. Not to mention lying about other numbers such as number of cases, number of deaths etc. in order to make themselves look more competent than they really are.
I think it's fair to say that about ANY country at this point. I wouldn't put it past any US politicians to try to weaponize this virus against a potential opponent or someone they don't like.

VaderTron

How much toilet paper do you need for a 10 day quarantine? I would think not more than 1 or 2 rolls. We generally have extra rolls on hand. This stock piling of toilet paper is the height of irrational behavior. I guess all the toilet paper you have leftover come Halloween there will be a lot of toilet papered houses Ha Ha

If you believe we have already reached the height of irrational behavior prepare to have your mind blown. 🤯

VaderTron

don't forget the old stand by corn cobs Ha HA

Today's population couldn't handle the scratchy texture of dried corn cobs. They would have to use freshly eaten, which then puts a whole new meaning into "bits left behind after wiping". 🤢🤮

owfk1gf1ec811.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately some governments flat-out lie about what testing they're doing. In my country (not USA) during the SARS scare a government minister went on TV to say that fever-detecting machines were already installed and screening incoming air passengers ... one of my relatives worked in the relevant ministry and told me ... "complete BS".

I don't know about actual testing being done in S Korea or any other country, but I think there is reason to believe that in certain countries, certain politicians and other officials are prone to tell lies and exaggerate about how much testing and quarantining are actually being implemented. Not to mention lying about other numbers such as number of cases, number of deaths etc. in order to make themselves look more competent than they really are.
The drive thru testing in S Korea has been pretty heavily reported by a number of reputable media outlets. Here are a few examples.

Incomudro

Legal or not that will never happen in this country. It’s really an academic debate on legality. The federal government may suggest people avoid traveling to certain cities or states that are more highly impacted but even that won’t be mandatory. No way will they lock down whole cities or states. How would you even enforce that? Sending in law enforcement or national guard would only increase the number of infected.

Exactly.
Unless bubonic plaque levels of fatalities befall the US population - it's not happening.
Which means, it's not happening.

Notes from Neverland

Shifting back to WDW ... after spending a long weekend there, any panic or preparations for the virus are quite minor and easy to miss. There are additional sanitzer stations around the parks and in some of the resorts, but they're randomly placed. Crowds were still quite large (Magic Kingdom was packed on Saturday night), so people clearly aren't staying away in significant numbers - yet.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Shifting back to WDW ... after spending a long weekend there, any panic or preparations for the virus are quite minor and easy to miss. There are additional sanitzer stations around the parks and in some of the resorts, but they're randomly placed. Crowds were still quite large (Magic Kingdom was packed on Saturday night), so people clearly aren't staying away in significant numbers - yet.
I’ve noticed some small things near me too. Wawa had large tubs of wipes next to each ordering screen. I also noticed signs in various bathrooms. You really shouldn’t need a sign to tell you to wash your hands but if this gets people to do it then maybe it’s the silver lining.

DisAl

How much toilet paper do you need for a 10 day quarantine? I would think not more than 1 or 2 rolls. We generally have extra rolls on hand. This stock piling of toilet paper is the height of irrational behavior. I guess all the toilet paper you have leftover come Halloween there will be a lot of toilet papered houses Ha Ha
Well, it is not like tp will spoil. You will use it in the end no matter when you buy it. ;)

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

.....I would also assume people in high risk groups like the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions would already be considering canceling so 1 case would likely put them over the top.

Sadly, that will be us :(. Both 67. It's not so much WDW - it's GETTING to/from WDW on the airlines :(. We also have to worry about getting stranded in FL in the event of a transportation shutdown :(.

Crunchie9

Yeah let’s be honest here that’s not happening.

It’s highly unlikely this will be contained at this point so the best thing you can do is follow WHO advice and in general go about your life as normal. Remembering that most people who get it won’t even feel ill.

Posting on a Disney forum telling people to cancel their thousands of dollar trips isn’t going to be very popular 😆

But.. the WHO isn’t saying carry on as normal, they are saying the opposite.
The American media is the ones claiming “it’s just a flu” that has what... quarantined 100 million people, and shut down the worlds largest economy.

just a Flu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom