Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmay

I have been fitted for a suit a few times....does that count?
BD1638A9-CCA1-4579-AC1F-EA82F6C2029C.jpeg

The Mom

Premium Member
A few of you don't seem to know about the prohibition against using the laugh emoji to laugh at another poster. It falls under this rule.

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

Lilofan

How many out there have been fit-tested for your N-95? There is a reason healthcare facilities require a fit-testing, and prohibit the use of the mask if having failed the test.
Then the hospital I was at for emergency surgery looks like the fit test did not fly. All I came in contact wore surgical masks including me.

Lilofan

Speaking of surgical masks, I went to see my doctor today. Everyone in the waiting room was wearing surgical masks. And each one had YUUUGGGEE gaps in the sides of them. I swear my cloth mask had to have been better, lol. Yeah...not the best...
One word to described these folks = lazy.

CarolinaSoprano

Interesting. Norwegian cruise lines are dropping their mask mandate for guests on ships starting March 1.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

For sailings originating from a U.S. port:

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest.

Disstevefan1

Interesting. Norwegian cruise lines are dropping their mask mandate for guests on ships starting March 1.

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest

YaY! THE PANDEMIC IS OVER !!!!! now all we need to worry about is all the other ship borne diseases.... ;)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest.
Good news. Hoping RCL and DCL will follow.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I hope so. We are avid Disney cruisers but have held off for many reasons. Masks being one. Hopefully this paves the path towards more normalcy. I will be booking next summer when they release those soon....finally!
I have a disney cruise booked for December. Not too worried about that one. But I have a royal Caribbean in July. I’m counting on no mask mandate.

correcaminos

How so? I even criss-cross my ear straps on my surgical mask and I still get small gaps. I have a small face. 😐
Do you know the tie and tuck method? That's what I do when I sing. I have a very small face. For when I don't have kid sized masks (and I don't at the moment) I wear a cloth on top to hold in place.

Criss crossing actually makes the gaps far worse. Better to tie off at the loops in the back or do what I suggested above.

Prince-1

And luckily they require all passengers 5 years and up to be fully vaccinated.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Gov. Kathy Hochul will drop New York’s stringent indoor mask mandate on Wednesday, ending a requirement that businesses ask customers for proof of full vaccination or require mask-wearing at all times, and marking a turning point in the state’s coronavirus response, according to three people briefed on her decision.

The decision will eliminate a rule that prompted legal and interpersonal clashes over mask wearing, especially in conservative parts of New York. It was set to expire on Thursday and would have required renewing.

Ms. Hochul is expected to let the mask mandate lapse just as a crushing winter surge in coronavirus cases is finally receding. But it was as yet unclear whether the governor would renew or drop a separate mask mandate in New York schools that expires in two weeks."

DisneyCane

"Gov. Kathy Hochul will drop New York’s stringent indoor mask mandate on Wednesday, ending a requirement that businesses ask customers for proof of full vaccination or require mask-wearing at all times, and marking a turning point in the state’s coronavirus response, according to three people briefed on her decision.

The decision will eliminate a rule that prompted legal and interpersonal clashes over mask wearing, especially in conservative parts of New York. It was set to expire on Thursday and would have required renewing.

Ms. Hochul is expected to let the mask mandate lapse just as a crushing winter surge in coronavirus cases is finally receding. But it was as yet unclear whether the governor would renew or drop a separate mask mandate in New York schools that expires in two weeks."

With California and NY dropping their mask mandates (I know that they allow local municipalities to have them) it is time for WDW to drop the requirement. People who wish to can wear N95/KN95 respirators to protect themselves and the other 90% of us can stop wearing anything. The last time WDW dropped the mask requirement, I was there two days later and 10% maskers would have been a high estimate. Close to nobody who is going to WDW actually wants to be wearing a mask indoors while there.

correcaminos

Our school did say they are dropping masks the end of the month. Of course 2 weeks before spring break so my kid says they want to continue to help make sure we don't cancel this trip... again. He's not worried about getting sick, just missing a trip. We'll see what he does. Numbers are pretty low here and we're seemingly only getting a case or two a day.

Federal mandate will still be in effect for our March trip though.

Lilofan

I have a disney cruise booked for December. Not too worried about that one. But I have a royal Caribbean in July. I’m counting on no mask mandate.
I would prefer going cruising after Nov 1. There are times cruise schedules are changed when there is an incoming hurricane. Being sea sick on a boat in rough seas is absolutely no fun. Maybe the mask wearing will help stop the stuff coming out of your mouth from hitting the floor?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Our school did say they are dropping masks the end of the month. Of course 2 weeks before spring break so my kid says they want to continue to help make sure we don't cancel this trip... again. He's not worried about getting sick, just missing a trip. We'll see what he does. Numbers are pretty low here and we're seemingly only getting a case or two a day.

Federal mandate will still be in effect for our March trip though.
I hope Federal Transportation mask mandate will be lifted by April or May/June so I'll riding my train so I don't wear mask anymore.

DisneyCane

I hope Federal Transportation mask mandate will be lifted by April or May/June so I'll riding my train so I don't wear mask anymore.
I hate to say it but you have a better chance of being awarded a lifetime unlimited anytime LL pass than the chance of the Federal Transportation mask mandate being lifted by June.

correcaminos

I hate to say it but you have a better chance of being awarded a lifetime unlimited anytime LL pass than the chance of the Federal Transportation mask mandate being lifted by June.
Everyone is saying this is the end... so why do you feel that way?

Personally I have no idea when it will drop.

DisneyDebRob

With California and NY dropping their mask mandates (I know that they allow local municipalities to have them) it is time for WDW to drop the requirement. People who wish to can wear N95/KN95 respirators to protect themselves and the other 90% of us can stop wearing anything. The last time WDW dropped the mask requirement, I was there two days later and 10% maskers would have been a high estimate. Close to nobody who is going to WDW actually wants to be wearing a mask indoors while there.
Interested in where you get the 90% of people don’t want to wear them and 10% can still do it if they want. Is that just your opinion on who wants to wear them or not? Every single poll and survey hand study I see says at the most 40-50% want to do away with them everywhere. Just wondering where you got those numbers and please post the link if it’s not just your opinion.
My wife still has clients saying that they won’t go unless there’s indoor masking. Of course she has others that don’t want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom