Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Just seems awkward to me to hang out in a hotel room with people outside my immediate family.
Last year when I was in Vegas, the room next door had people hanging out almost 24/7. I kept wondering why somebody would travel to Vegas and then hang out in a hotel room all day and night. You can do that for much cheaper where you live.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

So we have to assume that the end of the full blown pandemic is nowhere in sight, because we all know Fauci lies about everything. ;)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So we have to assume that the end of the full blown pandemic is nowhere in sight, because we all know Fauci lies about everything. ;)
I posted it without comment so people can read it. Everyone is free to make up their own minds about how to take these particular thoughts from him. He is still the face of the pandemic in the US, whether I like it or not.

drizgirl

I posted it without comment so people can read it. Everyone is free to make up their own minds about how to take these particular thoughts from him. He is still the face of the pandemic in the US, whether I like it or not.
You know, one could turn that around. Everything Fauci says is taken at face value and revered. And NOW people don't want to believe him?

Nubs70

Don't you like it when that happens?

If you don't infer a position on an article, people are ready and willing to infer your position for you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One positive test and your Olympic dreams are over. Many who had medal hopes couldn't participate, or, once there, removed from competition.

I wouldn't blame them if they used full astronaut helmets.
Zhou, an American contender for medaling at Men's Figure Skating (he even beat Chen at one pre-Olympic event) had to withdraw from competition due to a positive test after helping the U.S. Team win a Silver at the Team Figure Skating competition. No individual Olympic medal for him thanks to COVID.

And the numbers of withdrawals keep rising.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Zhou, an American contender for medaling at Men's Figure Skating (he even beat Chen at one pre-Olympic event) had to withdraw from competition due to a positive test after helping the U.S. Team win a Silver at the Team Figure Skating competition. No individual Olympic medal for him thanks to COVID.

Not surprising. When it comes to transmission, omicron is a punk. Sad for him.

DisneyCane

I'm so glad that they are keeping people who are COVID positive from skating around by themselves in the middle of an ice skating rink. Everyone is so much safer now that we've ruined some Olympic dreams that people have worked their whole lives for.

hopemax

What I will expect to happen is that people will ignore the “full-blown” in his statement. So when he talks about the state of the pandemic and the need to take certain precautions during the expected rise in cases again in winter… people will insist he told us in February that we were approaching the end of the pandemic entirely. And how dare he mislead people into thinking it was all over.

mmascari

What I will expect to happen is that people will ignore the “full-blown” in his statement. So when he talks about the state of the pandemic and the need to take certain precautions during the expected rise in cases again in winter… people will insist he told us in February that we were approaching the end of the pandemic entirely. And how dare he mislead people into thinking it was all over.
Don't forget the "in a few months" part too. It'll be that he said it in February and so it's now.

So, same old same old. People will use whatever is said to create the narrative they want, no matter what nuance was actually said.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't have too much of an issue with these latest comments (kind of more of the same and aligned with what is the overall feeling for most). But he could potentially avoid your expectation by being more precise with his language and staying away from too many predictions. As I have said previously, the damage has been done with him though and there is a clear lack of distrust by many. This means everything he says will get significantly scrutinized. Also why I said we should have had a new face/spokesperson long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom