Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcotfan21

So Paul was actually right and Fauci was wrong? Interesting.

CLEtoWDW

UK is quite an interesting case compared to the rest of Europe. Cases right now are comparable to the surge from last winter. But the hospitalizations are not even close. This gives you an idea of how well the vaccine is working to keep people from getting severe COVID, among other things. And I believe deaths remain flat over the last few months and way off the winter numbers. The spike in cases is still an interesting one though and somewhat of an outlier. Probably down to a combination of factors from what I am reading....
Well said. And if you’re in the group eligible for booster shots please go get them!!!

LittleBuford

Anyone truly interested in the situation in the UK should read the minutes of the most recent meeting of SAGE (the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies):

Note in particular: “As SAGE has previously advised, earlier intervention may reduce the need for more stringent, disruptive and longer-lasting measures to avoid an unacceptable level of hospitalisations.”

Or, as the old saying puts it, prevention is better than cure. You’d think we’d have learnt that lesson by now.

Vegas Disney Fan

Also, for some union leaders, it isn't about the rightness or wrongness of a vaccine mandate, it's about not having a seat at the table in the decision. And for some union leaders, their hesitancy is about the procedure of firing those who don't comply. They're hard-wired to protect every job.
100% correct.

Unions are designed to protect all their members, not just the majority. It may only be 5% that are against the mandate but it’s the unions job to represent those members whether they personally agree with them or not.

Sometimes that willingness to fight is a good thing, other times they fight to save members who have done pretty horrible things, it’s a pro and con of unions.

Wendy Pleakley

100% correct.

Unions are designed to protect all their members, not just the majority. It may only be 5% that are against the mandate but it’s the unions job to represent those members whether they personally agree with them or not.

Sometimes that willingness to fight is a good thing, other times they fight to save members who have done pretty horrible things, it’s a pro and con of unions.

Their job is to represent all members, but that doesn't mean that they can, or should, protect the jobs of people who refuse a vaccine mandate.

A union should take action if someone's rights are being violated, particularly in regards to whatever union agreement is in place.

My union has researched the issue and has had calls with members on which expert lawyers were present. The conclusion reached is that vaccine mandates are enforceable and grounds for termination if not adhered to.

Anyone declining to get vaccinated will be out of work. They may be entitled to representation if they fight it, but the union isn't going to try and change the policy. It will be a losing battle.

Jrb1979

Nothing to see here. :cautious:
At this point why does it matter where it came from. It's here and getting vaccinated is the best way to combat it. Enough with the theories and going down the rabbit hole. It's time people just lived their lives again. You can't control stuff outside of your life. It's not going to start now. Trying to fight mandates I'd a waste of time and energy.

Heppenheimer

Methinks some should wait for a better sourced article before dancing on Faucci's grave.

Tom P.

At this point why does it matter where it came from. It's here and getting vaccinated is the best way to combat it. Enough with the theories and going down the rabbit hole. It's time people just lived their lives again. You can't control stuff outside of your life. It's not going to start now. Trying to fight mandates I'd a waste of time and energy.
Because we don't want it to happen again?

yensidtlaw1969

Do you have statistics on how many police officers have died of COVID? It's likely more than the number killed in the line of duty but probably not as many more as your statement implies.

I don't doubt it is but it isn't specific to police officers. It's going to be the same as any other person in the same age and health group.

Getting killed in the line of duty is something specific to police officers and a job related risk that they are willing to take which very few people with non-military jobs take.

This is called Moving the Goalposts, and it doesn't work if you do it in plain sight.

Jrb1979

The source is the NIH. Soo…
Fox News reported it as well but I don’t want some people to cry about someone posting a Fox News article. 😂

anyways, I posted it without comment so people can make up their own minds about how to take this news.
My answer is who cares. It's here, it's more important to deal with it and move on.

Vegas Disney Fan

Their job is to represent all members, but that doesn't mean that they can, or should, protect the jobs of people who refuse a vaccine mandate.

A union should take action if someone's rights are being violated, particularly in regards to whatever union agreement is in place.

My union has researched the issue and has had calls with members on which expert lawyers were present. The conclusion reached is that vaccine mandates are enforceable and grounds for termination if not adhered to.

Anyone declining to get vaccinated will be out of work. They may be entitled to representation if they fight it, but the union isn't going to try and change the policy. It will be a losing battle.

I’m not speaking directly about Covid, just unions in general. If it’s not in the contract it’s their job to fight for their members until an agreement is reached and put in the contract.

Jrb1979

I care. I care that an official told Congress that we were not funding gain of function research, only to find out by the NIH that we actually did (maybe inadvertently, but it happened). It is another blow to trust. And makes me wonder what else we are funding.

People wonder why the censor so much. It's a big reason for the divide in the world. People jump to conclusions and then it evolves into a lot the theories we have now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas Disney Fan

I care. I care that an official told Congress that we were not funding gain of function research, only to find out by the NIH that we actually did (maybe inadvertently, but it happened). It is another blow to trust. And makes me wonder what else we are funding.
I care too, if it turns out this was intentionally created, millions of people died, and we all lost a year of enjoying our lives as a result everyone involved should be held accountable.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
People wonder why the censor so much. It's a big reason for the divide in the world. People jump to conclusions and then it evolves into a lot the theories we have now. There is a reason they hid Area 51 for so long.
What are you talking about???

Look here is the other side, a NY Times article that has quotes from others that dispute what the NIH has now reported is actually an admission of gain-of-function research funding. On the flip side, it also puts a particular research group under the spotlight.

It is called being curious...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom