Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
India is not US though. Majority lives in poverty. They have no choice but to stay home. They might have a better lockdown system. Maybe their citizens are not as stubborn or entitled as our citizens and really follows what the government says. Lots of factor to consider.
Fair points. I don’t think the fear there is people going out to get their hair or nails done or bowl a few rounds (that actually could be a problem in the wealthier areas). In the poorer parts not everyone has running water so people have to go to a public location to fill containers to have water to drink, cook or bathe with. There’s a lot more of a need to leave your home for essential things.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Shanghai Disney appears to be getting ready for an imminent opening. They’ve been rehearsing their parades and shows and are marking their ques for social distancing. Hong Kong appears to be not too far behind them. Tokyo Disney mentioned May but that seems a bit optimistic as they’re in the midst of their cases with their health systems being overwhelmed ( saw that information on tv). Disneyland may have stricter rules because California isn’t easing up as fast as other states. Florida sounds optimistic to get things going but they are following the phased guidelines. Some people are very pessimist saying January 2021. Others are more optimistic saying June 1. I’ve also read rumors of June 14. I suspect the reality is some where in the middle. When cast members start getting called back will be a true indication of what’s happening.
My gut still says Disney opens both US parks at the same time. I could be dead wrong, but they both closed together despite the fact that CA had far more cases at the time and the government in CA was limiting social gatherings while the Florida government was still encouraging spring break parties. If CA does something extreme like ban public gatherings through the end of the year then I think the company would consider opening WDW and not DLR. if they both open this summer my gut says it will be at or around the same time.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Shanghai Disney appears to be getting ready for an imminent opening. They’ve been rehearsing their parades and shows and are marking their ques for social distancing. Hong Kong appears to be not too far behind them. Tokyo Disney mentioned May but that seems a bit optimistic as they’re in the midst of their cases with their health systems being overwhelmed ( saw that information on tv). Disneyland may have stricter rules because California isn’t easing up as fast as other states. Florida sounds optimistic to get things going but they are following the phased guidelines. Some people are very pessimist saying January 2021. Others are more optimistic saying June 1. I’ve also read rumors of June 14. I suspect the reality is some where in the middle. When cast members start getting called back will be a true indication of what’s happening.
These are some of the more logical sentences I have read in this thread. 👍

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday lengthened her stay-at-home order through May 15, while lifting restrictions so some businesses can reopen and the public can participate in outdoor activities like golf and motorized boating during the coronavirus pandemic."

"People are now required, rather than encouraged, to wear face coverings in enclosed public spaces such as grocery stores if they can medically tolerate it. Employers must provide non-medical grade masks to their in-person employees."

"Landscapers, lawn-service companies, plant nurseries and bike repair shops can resume operating, subject to social-distancing rules. Stores selling nonessential supplies can reopen for curbside pickup and delivery. Big-box retailers no longer have to close off garden centers and areas dedicated to selling paint, flooring and carpet.

Whitmer said people with multiple in-state homes can resume traveling between them, though it is strongly discouraged."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
"Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday lengthened her stay-at-home order through May 15, while lifting restrictions so some businesses can reopen and the public can participate in outdoor activities like golf and motorized boating during the coronavirus pandemic."

"People are now required, rather than encouraged, to wear face coverings in enclosed public spaces such as grocery stores if they can medically tolerate it. Employers must provide non-medical grade masks to their in-person employees."

"Landscapers, lawn-service companies, plant nurseries and bike repair shops can resume operating, subject to social-distancing rules. Stores selling nonessential supplies can reopen for curbside pickup and delivery. Big-box retailers no longer have to close off garden centers and areas dedicated to selling paint, flooring and carpet.

Whitmer said people with multiple in-state homes can resume traveling between them, though it is strongly discouraged."

lots of exceptions there. May as well just end the order for individuals all together. lol.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
lots of exceptions there. May as well just end the order for individuals all together. lol.
ahh. My post was meant to be sarcastic. I wasn’t seriously suggesting anything for them
I got it. Or at least I hoped you weren’t being serious ;). Most of that stuff made no sense to begin with. Landscaping is just like trash pickup. It’s necessary to keep bugs down and keep things livable. There’s no reason to open a store that only sells non-essential items but if a Home Depot or Target is open anyway there’s a negligible amount of harm allowing the sale of non-essential items. As long as people follow directions it’s not a big deal.

Bill in Atlanta

Florida sounds optimistic to get things going but they are following the phased guidelines. Some people are very pessimist saying January 2021. Others are more optimistic saying June 1. I’ve also read rumors of June 14. I suspect the reality is some where in the middle. When cast members start getting called back will be a true indication of what’s happening.
If the criteria for opening is "we'll open when we are 100% confident that opening won't cause a hospital-overloading spread", then they could open next week.

If the criteria for opening is "we'll open when we are 100% confident that opening won't cause anyone to catch the virus in the park", then they won't open until a vaccine is readily available in late 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom