Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I agree it's not a slam dunk either way. But for interest here is a comparison of confirmed cases per day for Ohio vs. Sweden (aligned for when both states hit ~200 cases). They aren't terribly dissimilar, though Ohio's recent data is skewed by a couple huge outbreaks in the prison system. Without those, Ohio would be trending lower.

I can't speak to the comparative demographics, but it's not like Ohio is a haven for multi-generational families in close quarters.

View attachment 465445
Interesting. First thing I did was look up number of tests administered and they are about the same. So, I’m gonna go with that’s a good comparison (besides dinner is ready and this isn’t a full time job for me). Deaths are quite a bit lower in Ohio. 1,937 (Sweden)
versus 610 (Ohio). I do know Sweden has had issues with nursing home infections. Are we stricter with nursing home entry, etc than Sweden?

BTW, I did memorize populations and stuff when I was younger because I’m extraordinarily cool. The most people who live alone and work at home per capita of any place in Europe came from one of 15 articles I’ve read about Sweden in the last 2 weeks.

DisneyDebRob

Ok, either I am just basically glossing over posts here anymore, which is a good chance, didn’t sleep to well or.. you just proved my point for me. You said...
ItRhymes said:
My personal opinion, based on some new data and research coming out, on social distancing is that it is only minimally effective.
I have never read a report saying it was “ only minimally effective” so I asked for links to this new data and research you mentioned. You responded with 3 links saying HOW effective social distancing is. Am I missing something?

lilypgirl

So now that CDC doctor has clarified his remarks that were misquoted and sensationalized does that change anyone’s gloomy Disney predictions?

Also this flu season I will be taking his advice and getting the flu shot because I don’t want to be a burden on the health care system if I contract it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does he? There’s nobody in between WDW President and Disney CEO?
There’s that tool that’s head of the “ consumer products”....which seems to be de facto chapek again as bob kicked him out of his old office...

It’s screwy these days...we should spin the wheel 😂

All the decision making power remains the same: institutional investors ➡Board➡Corporate head (whatever Iger is calling himself these days)

They have the purse strings...the guy doing the selfies in Orlando doesn’t

DCBaker

Premium Member
So now that CDC doctor has clarified his remarks that were misquoted and sensationalized does that change anyone’s gloomy Disney predictions?

Also this flu season I will be taking his advice and getting the flu shot because I don’t want to be a burden on the health care system if I contract it.

“I’m accurately quoted in The Washington Post” - CDC Director Robert Redfield. "The headline was inappropriate.”

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Not at the moment. Disney has still not named a replacement for Chapek. Powell's position as President of Disney Parks Western Region was created for her and eliminated with her departure.

How does this work? If I'm reading correctly you got:

Cambell, D'Amaro, and Colglazier for DL, WDW, and Int'l respectively.

All the individual international parks have their own presidents that report to Colglazier.

Colglazier, Cambpell, and D'Amaro reported to Chapek (but Chapek is not in that role anymore). So, since they haven't filled Chapek's old role and it is unfilled, they would still report directly to Chapek until his old role is filled.

Is that right?

Last edited:

Lilofan

How does this work? If I'm reading correctly you got:

Cambell, D'Amaro, and Colglizer for DL, WDW, and Int'l respectively.

All the individual international parks have their own presidents that report to Colglizer.

Cloglizer, Cambpell, and D'Amaro reported to Chapek (but Chapek is not in that role anymore). So, since they haven't filled Chapek's old role and it is unfilled, they would still report directly to Chapek until his old role is filled.

Is that right?
Sounds about right and since Disney laid off the President of Worldwide Theme Parks ( can't remember her name,) who reported to Chapek , Chairman of Theme Parks and Resorts whose role did not get backfilled when he was told he was going to be the new CEO, Disney is saving a few million dollars a year by not backfilling both positions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Rather bleak outlook from the UK government today

"The UK will have to live with some disruptive social measures for at least the rest of the year, the government's chief medical adviser has said.

Prof Chris Whitty said it was "wholly unrealistic" to expect life would suddenly return to normal soon.

He said "in the long run" the ideal way out would be via a "highly effective vaccine" or drugs to treat the disease.

But he warned that the chance of having those within the next calendar year was "incredibly small".

"This disease is not going to be eradicated, it is not going to disappear," he said, at the government's daily coronavirus briefing.

"So we have to accept that we are working with a disease that we are going to be with globally... for the foreseeable future.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom