Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It really doesn’t matter if it’s legal or not Disney won’t do it. Neither will Universal. You think the execs at Comcast will support banning people from states like PA and NJ (where they all live) from visiting their parks while letting others in? There’s no way Disney gets in the middle of an obviously politically charged debate and ends up alienating half of the northeast where a big chunk of their guests come from. It’s irrelevant what the FL governor wants too. It’s easy for Disney to justify Florida only. If they open to people outside of Florida it will likely be all or none. If the FL government bans people from certain states or regions I don‘t think WDW will be open or just open to FL residents.

what is the current rule for people coming to Florida from other states?

havoc315

Just look at Sweden which took the let it happen and get it over with vs the US which as embraced financial ruin.. The infected in Sweden is 1,500 per million people while the US is 2,500 per million people... Doesn't look like jumping on the shutdown train really help that much now does it?

Sweden hasn't flattened it's curve and is going to get much much worse.. They also haven't tested as much, so they are missing a lot of cases. But their case numbers are still growing tremendously, where the US is flattening.

But let's put it in perspective:
Sweden already had 192 deaths per million of their population. Extrapolated to the US: That would be the equivalent of already having 63,000 --- And their death rate continues to INCREASE.
Where the US is projected by the IHME mode as 66,000 deaths by August...
The same model projects Sweden with 9,000 deaths: Extrapolate for population, that would be equivalent to 300,000 deaths in the US...

So how's Sweden's method looking now? 300,000 deaths by August... and still growing?

Sweden will change their public policy shortly, their numbers are starting to sky rocket out of control.

havoc315

It really doesn’t matter if it’s legal or not Disney won’t do it. Neither will Universal. You think the execs at Comcast will support banning people from states like PA and NJ (where they all live) from visiting their parks while letting others in? There’s no way Disney gets in the middle of an obviously politically charged debate and ends up alienating half of the northeast where a big chunk of their guests come from. It’s irrelevant what the FL governor wants too. It’s easy for Disney to justify Florida only. If they open to people outside of Florida it will likely be all or none. If the FL government bans people from certain states or regions I don‘t think WDW will be open or just open to FL residents.

I could see them limiting it to in-state. Putting aside legal ramifications, I can't see them stopping people at the gate and saying, "oh.. South Carolina drivers license, you can come in.... Upstate New York, welcome .... oh, Brooklyn, NY drivers license? Nope, sorry, no entry"

esskay

Meanwhile, across the pond . . .

It's speculation but not unralistic speculation.

It's going to depend massively on what we (UK) see other countries that are ahead of us do. Australia is about to start easing up on restrictions. We we see a surge in new cases we have evidence that the whole "Get the econonmy back up and running ASAP" thing just isn't going to work.

If I was a betting man I'd say the US and other countries running to the door to open back up are going to massively regret doing so in 3 months time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No one said anything about being critical about Science. I stated that physics is the "truest" science as it's the closest to pure mathematical theories and concepts as you Branch out to other fields of science you need to provide more data (which can change) to make a basis for your claims that could be potentially flawed.

This is a legitimate concept. Compare how many people debate Newtons laws of physics and how many debates and different theories there are about the human body (Biology) for instance.

No - this is again confusing absolutes with 'truest'. Gravity is measured to be a constant number. But in the very same field, the location of a electron is understood to be uncertain... and we explain our understanding with the ideas of probabilities, not absolute measurements that are unwavering.

Things like Biology have the same blend of things that are precisely measured, and other things that are modeled because the systems in question are highly intertwined and not handled in isolation.

People were trying to say because our UNDERSTANDING of something evolves... somehow the Science we are observing is 'dynamic'. That is garbage.

In science, there is already and understood distinction between THEORY and accepted constructs. It's only the lay that seem to confuse the idea that THEORY is actually an explanation of an understanding, not in itself an absolute.

TLDR - because our UNDERSTANDING evolves does not mean the actual science itself is evolving.

ItRhymes

I think we need to let go of the idea of Disney doing social distancing. It just isn't possible unless they hired tens of thousands of extra people to patrol every 10 square feet of the park to keep people separated.

My personal opinion, based on some new data and research coming out, on social distancing is that it is only minimally effective. Disney simply has no way to effectively institute social distancing. Sure they can make people sit 3 seats apart in a theater but they will still be packed into a line somewhere waiting to get IN the theater, waiting to get into the park, etc. Only way they can even remotely try to do it is to severely limit how many people can even be in the park, which at that point why bother opening unless it's just to get back up to speed for a week or two.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
what is the current rule for people coming to Florida from other states?

Depends on the route...and of course,...the militia. I-10, 1-75, and I-95 might cause you some problems. Take 441 south from GA - and you should be gold.

Seriously though, I don't think there are any rules. Back when this started there were a couple of situations, but you should be okay.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Depends on the route...and of course,...the militia. I-10, 1-75, and I-95 might cause you some problems. Take 441 south from GA - and you should be gold.

Seriously though, I don't think there are any rules. Back when this started there were a couple of situations, but you should be okay.

I was only asking the question because if the state restricts those coming from certain states, that would then automatically apply to WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just look at Sweden which took the let it happen and get it over with vs the US which as embraced financial ruin.. The infected in Sweden is 1,500 per million people while the US is 2,500 per million people... Doesn't look like jumping on the shutdown train really help that much now does it?
I Always get confused when I’m in New York and I think I’m on a fishing hamlet outside stockholm...they are remarkedly similar looking

Question: how’s Sweden doing compared to Norway and Finland? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom