Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas998

I would be more comfortable knowing that hotel was sanitized to the max. As opposed to your run of the mill hotel. Who knows whose been in the room before you and how well housekeepers keep it clean?
Yes, my wife used to have a handheld black light she would use to check hotel rooms we were staying in. I know it didn't catch most things but by god it showed a lot of fluid splatters all over the place and often on the bed linens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The take a timeout, because their must be an acceptable level.
There is an acceptable level to everything from recreational sports, to driving, to eating and drinking, to the seasonal flu.
The problem is there is no sense qualified people are making the guidelines for those “choices” when it counts...

And back to parks...to assume Disney will operate with some higher threshold for “acceptable risk”...because people will whine to get back...doesn’t really show any understanding Disney or its corporate philosophy.

They’ll overcharge more and more for safe stuff...they won’t discount for riskier stuff and operate in the red.

Just a silly concept...which is now being floated by amateurs as “insider plans I’ve heard about”. 😳

...oh, brother.

csmat99

...based on models that have since been proven to be very, very wrong. We simply don't know what would have happened if we didn't shut everything down. The government/health offices acted on the best information they had and tried to err on the conservative side, which makes sense, but there is still so much unknown that we can't really predict would would have happened otherwise.
The models weren't proven wrong. By forcing people to stay at home saved many many lives. Reopening too soon will prove those initial models correct. Science doesn't have a political agenda.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's not a question of New York, it's a question of the whole country. Disney can't say, "we will take guests from Nebraska, but New York guests are prohibited" -- That would raise all sorts of legal issues.

So Disney can't really open to national guests until the infection rate is nearly non-existent (well below 0.1%) EVERYWHERE in the US.

With continued lock down, we could actually be there in another month or so. Unfortunately, with lots of states starting to "re-open" prematurely, it will make it harder to crush out the infection rate.
I think she meant a general lock down of everything not specific to WDW. I agree with you Disney shouldn’t open to the country without the vast majority being at or close to the equivalent of the phase 3 federal guideline.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You cant end a statement with "Back to Disney" and think that's all well and fine. Stating "he is undoubtedly one of the best leaders through this crisis..." is very opinionated and although Im not bothered by it many others will have different opinions. One of the most vocal and readily seen sure, but to your point its because New York is a major metropolis and market and many eyes are on it.
Right...that’s my opinion.

He still is though...back to Disney. 👍🏻

csmat99

Not sure about police using EZpass records. I guess if they got a subpoena it would be possible. Just like phone records. A cheating spouse could be caught if they share an account with their spouse and they already have access to the records. I don’t think in a civil court case that EZpass records could be obtained without permission of the account holder.
Yes, police need a subpoena to get ezpass records but it's not hard. With regards to the spouse the Private investigator usually works with the spouse that believes something is amiss and gains access to the account even if they hadn't prior which is within their right.

MaximumEd

I agree that the shut down is necessary to slow the spread, but we also need to look at the question of how long this level of lock down is sustainable. Yes, we have social program to help people through this, but how long until they start running out of money? How long until lock downs start to compromise our supply chain?

Speaking of supply chains, don’t get used to 1.00 gasoline. Yeah, the price per barrel is in the tank now, but demand will pick back up at some point. In the meantime, production is slowing. It costs a lot of money and takes a good bit of time to shut down a well, then open it back up. It’s not like flipping a switch and different parts of the industry have different timelines depending on whether they are upstream, midstream, or downstream. Could possibly see steep price hikes and temporary shortages at some point during this mess.

lilypgirl

“Cuomo wants every state to be like his...”. 2 days ago.

No...he just is stating his truth and the press is issuing it as a symbol of measured response. He’s struggling to find a way out of it like everyone else.

Why does it have to be about you?...where you are?

It’s not. It was unnecessary.
That wasn't anti NY but anti Coumo about comments he made about all states staying on the same time frame for reopening.
I am in MI which is another state that shouldn't be moving into phase 1 as of right of now but I am glad to hear that others will be able to move about some soon and enjoying things like the beach and hair cuts.

I don't think I am the one making this about me honestly ................................

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A loose plan is starting to take shape, based on rumor and known facts:

"Phase 1" & "Secure Circuit" -- Maybe sometime in mid to late May. Very limited re-opening.... more like a "soft open"... limited local attendance, as they test out the new procedures. Slowly get things up to speed. A couple Magic Kingdom hotels open.

Around June 1 -- open to national guests and the remaining hotels. They are still taking June 1 reservations in all hotels -- So we know Disney is at least *hopeful* that this can happen.

My guess -- Disney has outweighed influence on the "task force." Whatever they propose will likely be accepted by the state. They will propose starting to gradually bring back employees by early-mid May. (They will spend the rest of April determining how and when to bring back staff, how to re-train them, etc). They will propose some level of operations by mid to late May. Best case scenario, they will hope to expand to a national level by June 1, but I can easily picture that being pushed back as far as July 5. (to avoid a July 4th rush).
That’s way more aggressive than what I would do, but I’m not in charge ;)

I think the plan makes sense but I would say June 1st for a soft opening and then wait a few weeks to a month to re-open to all US guests. That assumes all or most states are in or close to phase 3 and they have seen no issues during the soft open period. It also assumes there is profit to be made with an extended soft open which is likely the problem. If there isn’t Disney won’t open at a loss for long.

Incomudro

That wasn't anti NY but anti Coumo about comments he made about all states staying on the same time frame for reopening.
I am in MI which is another state that shouldn't be moving into phase 1 as of right of now but I am glad to hear that others will be able to move about some soon and enjoying things like the beach and hair cuts.

I don't think I am the one making this about me honestly ................................

Cuomo is not advocating every state moving along the same timeline as NY.

Jrb1979

A loose plan is starting to take shape, based on rumor and known facts:

"Phase 1" & "Secure Circuit" -- Maybe sometime in mid to late May. Very limited re-opening.... more like a "soft open"... limited local attendance, as they test out the new procedures. Slowly get things up to speed. A couple Magic Kingdom hotels open.

Around June 1 -- open to national guests and the remaining hotels. They are still taking June 1 reservations in all hotels -- So we know Disney is at least *hopeful* that this can happen.

My guess -- Disney has outweighed influence on the "task force." Whatever they propose will likely be accepted by the state. They will propose starting to gradually bring back employees by early-mid May. (They will spend the rest of April determining how and when to bring back staff, how to re-train them, etc). They will propose some level of operations by mid to late May. Best case scenario, they will hope to expand to a national level by June 1, but I can easily picture that being pushed back as far as July 5. (to avoid a July 4th rush).
Wishful thinking. Too many are hung up on that June 1st date cause of when they allowed reservations to start. Its going to be awhile before Disney or any park is back to normal. I can see MK and the monorail resorts being the only thing open for awhile.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah, it's hard to take people seriously who have never actually had to be working like the peons. That said, I will be curious how executives pay is met out over the next few months, and if they do a dividend again.

Who do you take seriously then? Certainly not any politicians or Fortune 500 executives!

At least a few higher ups at Disney started out in the parks... (George K., Josh, etc.) but they are still low on the corporate ladder.

I’m guessing John Lassiter is the highest anyone has gotten of someone that started out in the parks, and he wouldn’t have gotten that high up if he hadn’t left Disney for Pixar (well it wasn’t Pixar yet...).

Jrb1979

I didn't equate forever with a couple of months.
Covid 19 won't be gone in a couple of months, nor will we have a vaccine.
We're not hiding inside 'till it goes away, because it's not going away.
When we are allowed to go back out, the death and infection rates will creep up.
That is the reason that places of large gatherings will be awhile to open. Start with smaller businesses, factories and things more essential to the economy.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Speaking of supply chains, don’t get used to 1.00 gasoline. Yeah, the price per barrel is in the tank now, but demand will pick back up at some point. In the meantime, production is slowing. It costs a lot of money and takes a good bit of time to shut down a well, then open it back up. It’s not like flipping a switch and different parts of the industry have different timelines depending on whether they are upstream, midstream, or downstream. Could possibly see steep price hikes and temporary shortages at some point during this mess.

That's right. Time to fill up trash cans with gasoline and learn how "to count" the volume delivered. Then, when the time is right, sell it door to door.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course not...because the price of oil/gas is manipulated by governments and has been for 100 years...it’s not “capitalist” at all...

“Now let’s go over to sports with Bob”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thing about science is their is different layers to how concrete it is.

Physics is the closest to reality/provable because of it's distinct association to math. The further away you get from mathematical theories (not stats) the harder it is to justify your claims.

I’m officially spent.

Chemistry is documented interactions amongst molecules

Biology is researched response/adaptation but it is constantly in motion...making it the wildcard.

Science is real...people talk out of a bad part of their anatomy...which is real science.

A brain is a horrible thing to use inappropriately.

Good day, ladies and non-germs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom